Restructuring the subforums here (Hopefully finalized)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Restructuring the subforums here

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 am

Please keep the feedback rolling in, guys! The two opinions expressed here ("it's too long" vs "it's more sensible this way") are the very ones we'd been weighing, and we'd like to see which one you favor more overall.

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:However, on the positive side, I really like that "Everything Else Evangelion" is now grouped with the other two main Evangelion discussion sections! I hope that particular change will stay. ^_^

This is good feedback, and yes, why not?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:35 am

Do we have a dark mode? It's quite the pain in the eyes when i'm reading threads late hours at night. Lowering device's brightness doesn't help that much. Dark mode/theme would be helpful.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:31 pm

There is no dark theme implemented (sorry - it didn't occur to me when I implemented the present theme).

It has been suggested that you could try Dark Reader as a workaround - I've not tried it myself, so I don't know how well it works in practice.

It is time for the forum software to be updated again (but think months, not weeks), and I expect I would be involved in converting the theme again (old themes are not compatible with the current software version); it would not add much effort, I suspect, to make a dark version at that time - so I'll bear that in mind.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Oh,okay. But when you implement it, please use the light smooth shade of black like discord's or facebook's one. Don't use the pitch black one or the one of ff.net's. Those are just complete eyesore.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

UrsusArctos

Re: Restructuring the subforums here (Hopefully finalized)

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:52 am

So I've gone ahead with what I hope is the Final round of restructuring, following some internal discussions and the complaints about length. Some changes have been reverted, so that Completely Off-Topic is pretty much back to its old state. Related People has been shifted under General and Chit-Chat, and we've made a conscious decision to keep Chit-Chatty topics away from more serious and intense discussion.

Hopefully there won't be any further need to reorder things after this, and this brings a semblance of order/logic to the forums while making it more convenient to scroll down. All active subfora fit in the space of one screen for me once I've scrolled down a little.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:01 am

Ooh, I like this version! It's organized, but without being too long. Also, I know I said this already, but I really love that "Everything Else Evangelion" is grouped with the other two main Evangelion discussion sections now. Great job, staff!

Just one question... Now that the Fanfiction subforum is back in the Fan Works section, maybe the description for Fan Works should be changed? Because right now it says "For non-fanfiction creations", which might be confusing.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work! :asuka_thumbsup: :kaworusparkle:
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:41 am

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:Just one question... Now that the Fanfiction subforum is back in the Fan Works section, maybe the description for Fan Works should be changed? Because right now it says "For non-fanfiction creations", which might be confusing.

Thank you, oversight fixed!

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”