Among Us

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:10 pm

Just curious if anyone is playing this game and has any funny stories to tell since its deeply random as to what can happen ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 700
Joined: Dec 30, 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:34 am

I haven't played it yet as I'm not entirely sure I'd personally enjoy it, but I've been seeing a number of people I follow on Youtube playing it and it does look like great fun. I think we've watched Funhaus play it, a few former Funhaus people playing it on stream but also Gamegrumps playing it, which was more amusing because Dan forgot to do a few simple things whilst playing :D

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:55 am

I think my funniest moments have been when everyone gets the imposter wrong and running away from an imposter who locked me in electrics when they vented up there which was generally hilarious (Which seems to be a huge kill zone along with storage and coms now and again) as I had to run to escape but knew they might vent near the emergency room so looped around slower to get away and made it safe and got them.

I've also had really fun moments as the killer though I prefer to kill and run but being the imposter is the harder role and it does help if the other imposter with you is good at manipulation as it doesn't work so well if you're the only one calling out someone else but the others not backing you.

The game really reminds me of the thing 1982 movie with the themes of who is it? And who killed who? Like so long as you take nothing personally and just see it as a good laugh it's a great time killer.

SPOILER: Show
Image
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

dzzthink
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Aug 23, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby dzzthink » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:05 pm

One time I caught someone killing another guy right in front of me. I ran away, and the guy starts chasing me, but I managed to get to the button in time to arrange a meeting. I then explain to everyone what I saw and who killed who in very elaborate detail. I was voted off.

I honestly think there may have been some profiling going on as I was red, named myself 'the killer' and wore the ice hockey mask.

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:37 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:One time I caught someone killing another guy right in front of me. I ran away, and the guy starts chasing me, but I managed to get to the button in time to arrange a meeting. I then explain to everyone what I saw and who killed who in very elaborate detail. I was voted off.

I honestly think there may have been some profiling going on as I was red, named myself 'the killer' and wore the ice hockey mask.


Interesting you say that as the Jason Voorhees mask wearers and the plague doctor in my runs have been the killers along with brown, red, blue, orange being imposters colors. Though I've noticed when you're a brown imposter people trust you more and you can get away with a lot along with Pink as I never see pink coming they always do a great backstab.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

dzzthink
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Aug 23, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby dzzthink » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:46 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Interesting you say that as the Jason Voorhees mask wearers and the plague doctor in my runs have been the killers along with brown, red, blue, orange being imposters colors. Though I've noticed when you're a brown imposter people trust you more and you can get away with a lot along with Pink as I never see pink coming they always do a great backstab.


I agree with there being some softer colours that help with getting away with things. I also think its to due with the player's past experience as personally I got screwed by white a couple of times. For some reason, purple is memed as most suspicious.

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:44 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:I agree with there being some softer colours that help with getting away with things. I also think its to due with the player's past experience as personally I got screwed by white a couple of times. For some reason, purple is memed as most suspicious.


I dread playing purple and I forgot to add that one as I know even if I'm safe, i'll get vented, so I try to change it in the custom room and I agree about experiences as I've blamed white twice when they were innocent as I saw them leaving electrics and I've been killed so many times there, so I get heightened suspicion of anyone running in and out of there.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Berserker
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:47 am

I've been playing for like a month now in this crappy laptop of mine. I love being crewmate and catching impostors, which surprisingly i get be 90% of the time. But it can be infuriating when i give people pure facts and logic and they either ignore me and get killed, or simply vote me off. But i agree that i actually make it difficult for impostors as i catch them like in 1-3 rounds ( I'm not bragging, please believe me). While finding a good public lobby is quite finding a needle in a haystack, i never played with a whole lobby of friends over discord like most youtubers do. I played with like one or two friends in public lobby, but not on vc because it's quite distracting and weird talking to a friend and typing in the chat at the same time.
I witnessed a lot of wholesome and funny scene, but never really screenshoted or recorded them except once. Here's one example of total idiocy i managed to take a screenshot of:
SPOILER: Show
Image
^It happened like in 15 seconds of the match getting started. I went to admin for card swipe, so i didn't exactly witness it. But they told me that red just hopped in the vent in cafeteria in front of everybody at the very beginning of the game, and it was intentional.

Also sometimes impostors do really stupid mistakes like faking common task when nobody has it or standing in front of upload thing in the very beginning of the match when you need to download first and then upload. These things make it easier for me to catch impostors quickly.
And once i saw a guy named Chee in asia server. I don't know if it's our Chee as he left before i could ask. Nowadays i play in europe as the people in asia server are just total idiots (Yeah,i'm frustrated over my own race).They either don't know english at all or they just don't have brain.
dzzthink wrote:One time I caught someone killing another guy right in front of me. I ran away, and the guy starts chasing me, but I managed to get to the button in time to arrange a meeting. I then explain to everyone what I saw and who killed who in very elaborate detail. I was voted off.

Well if you'd just reported the body instead calling the meeting that would've been more trustworthy. That's the main reason you got voted off to be honest.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu

dzzthink
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 62
Joined: Aug 23, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby dzzthink » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:10 pm

But that option is not available all the time. I was probably too far way from the dead body so I could not report it immediately. I try not to invest too much time in the game though it is really is satisfying stumbling on the scene of the crime and catching someone in the act. I remember being suspicious of someone in one game only to be killed by someone else. The suspicious guy witnessed all of this and managed to caught the imposter.

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:43 pm

I admit I've made mayor mistakes with white, I've blamed white and feel terrible about it and both times they were in electric near a body, so I just assumed they'd vented and were fleeing since I had a red imposter try to corner me there twice. :bigeyes:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FelipeFritschF
Ramiel
Ramiel
Age: 23
Posts: 317
Joined: Sep 12, 2014
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:37 am

Right... I remember playing this more than a year ago on my phone. Why did it get so popular all of a sudden?

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:52 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Right... I remember playing this more than a year ago on my phone. Why did it get so popular all of a sudden?


Covid-19 as everyone was in lock down I believe people started playing the game on twitch channels and it just hit off.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Berserker
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:05 am

Was playing in a fair playing, really friendly lobby. So i got one impostor out quite early. Some people also vouched for me as i finished my tasks and was looking for hard evidence and clues of the other imp. But the other one was quite good. So it narrowed down to 3 of us crew and 1 imp. I was mapping everyone's pathing and waiting for one kill to happen. They killed but managed to escape before me catching them red handed. So i found the body, reported it and i had some clues. I explained everything to the other crew, we voted together and were waiting for the imp to say something or vote. So i was just sitting in my chair, staring at the chat panel on my screen, my hands off my keyboard. And then popped a message saying,"vote me, i'm the imposter" with wrong imp spelling from me. Fortunately the crew already voted the imp and we won. So i rejoined and everyone (everyone including the ghost crewmates of the earlier match) was asking if i'm drunk or something and laughed about it. I explained that i didn't write that. They believed me as we played a good number of matches that day and knew i am not like that. Eventually we figured out that last imp was a hacker and banned them.
I would rather say this was quite harmless hack in among us that i witnessed. I also saw people walk over wall, teleport, eliminate kill cooldown, steal everyone's vote by using it against a random person they wish to vote off etc. Devs really need to do something about these.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:24 am

View Original PostBerserker wrote: Eventually we figured out that last imp was a hacker and banned them.
I would rather say this was quite harmless hack in among us that i witnessed. I also saw people walk over wall, teleport, eliminate kill cooldown, steal everyone's vote by using it against a random person they wish to vote off etc. Devs really need to do something about these.


I've only seen one hack but the hacker changed colours so there were two dark blues and not one, I have heard that the creators are trying to stop these hacks as they were a huge issue during the election in the US as people were using them to advertise sides. Its annoying that the problem is still going on, on the servers as the said they'd fixed it in the last steam update.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Berserker
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:04 am

Oh, the thing about two people having the same colour is most probably a glitch. It happened with me many times. But that being reminded, once i caught one imp+hacker in a certain mirahq match. But before we could vote them, they turned on a hack which repeatedly changed colours of every player. It was like 3 colour swap per second. But i remembered the name and voted them off. It was half solved after they got voted off, like the colour changing stopped but it showed me pink in chat when actually i was brown in general. It got completely solved once we banned them out of that lobby.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu

Berserker
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 am

Hosted by me :hahaha: :
SPOILER: Show
Image
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Posts: 1533
Joined: Jun 19, 2016
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:24 am

View Original PostBerserker wrote:Oh, the thing about two people having the same colour is most probably a glitch. It happened with me many times. But that being reminded, once i caught one imp+hacker in a certain mirahq match. But before we could vote them, they turned on a hack which repeatedly changed colours of every player. It was like 3 colour swap per second. But i remembered the name and voted them off. It was half solved after they got voted off, like the colour changing stopped but it showed me pink in chat when actually i was brown in general. It got completely solved once we banned them out of that lobby.


Ah, thank you for clarification I wasn't aware that was a common glitch, I'll also look out for the three switch one as I have not seen that as yet. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 1414
Joined: Dec 03, 2017
Location: vtuber hell
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Blockio » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:43 am

Wow, that round sounds like a trash fire.

Unrelated, but I stumbled upon this clip here and found it hugely amusing :P
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ Joseki
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Berserker
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Aug 08, 2020
Gender: Male

Re: Among Us

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Berserker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:13 am

^ That explains your location, blockio. :hahaha:
Virtual youtubers seems bizarre to me.I've watched korone's take on cruel angel thesis and some other gaming videos in the past. But they still kinda freaks me out. Though it was fun to see nenechi panic like that.
Here's a fanart that i found in an among us community of our country, apparently which is a thing, introduced to me by my sister. It's quite O_O material, at least for me. :nyao:
SPOILER: Show
Image
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu


Return to “Video Games and Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests