Evangelion 25th Anniversary video; a comparison with Sonic X

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

YTPrenewed
Adam

Evangelion 25th Anniversary video; a comparison with Sonic X

•      
  •      

Postby YTPrenewed » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sYpmQ ... e=youtu.be

Apart from my Sonic X nostalgia, I also recall having years ago watch captpan6's Haruhi YTPs and having heard on TV Tropes that Yuki Nagato was based on Rei Ayanami. In light of all of that, I'm kicking myself for not getting around to watching Evangelion in time for the 20th anniversary, as glad as I am I got around to it for the 25th. That stark contrast in tone; from slice of life to intense peril; reminded me of Sonic X almost as much as individual scenes did. (The above video focuses on the "intense peril" aspect, by the way, so if you're in the mood for something lighthearted, this ain't it.)

Not sure if it's considered rude to plug one's videos in one's first post around here, but I figured this would be as good a place as any to draw attention to it. Previously I've been discussing Evangelion on 4chan, and I presume this site will be a better alternative as far as further discussion of it goes.

Disclaimer: I still haven't gotten to End Of Evangelion yet, but of course I've heard of the "come back to me" scene and what follows. Kiss scenes have a way of attracting attention, and the emotional intensity of the prior few minutes' worth of context has a way of holding it.

EDIT: As of Oct 7, I've now watched End of Evangelion as well.

Return to “Fan Works”