Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby Joseki » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:26 pm

SIRP is a shonen, I was thinking something like NANA, Solanin...

A Renegade Deserter
Adam
Location: Back from exile to infiltrate and combat my mortal enemy

Postby A Renegade Deserter » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Was there anying about 3.0+1.0, in the current issue of Eva Millenials for September?
"To kill for yourself is murder. To kill for your government is heroic. To kill for entertainment is harmless."
- Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

"There is no difference between what is right and what is necessary."

"We cannot escape anguish. It is what we are."

"Collateral damage can be justified, if the gain outweighs the cost."

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 pm

girlifyoudidnt wrote:Unrelated maybe, but seems like Nadia will have something to share regarding its anniversary next week.

A special exhibition to celebrate the 30th anniversary will be held at some point in 2021.
And a Blu-ray Boxset (Standard Edition) of the series will be released on December 16.

I know some people on Twitter where hypothesizing about a Rebuild of Nadia but I think that's going to be series that's going to stay untouched.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Anno purchase the rights for Nadia back from Gainax? I think Nadia is one of the few non-Eva properties that he & Khara was actually able to buy from Gainax before the people in charge there secretly sold the rights to another studio like they did with all their other series.

hueyreed
Embryo

Postby hueyreed » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:10 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I know some people on Twitter where hypothesizing about a Rebuild of Nadia

I always thought 3.0 took some influence from Nadia, and the Rebuilds are a semi-sort of-partial remake of Nadia. I think this will be expanded on in 3.0+1.0.

(Reichu did a great thread about this idea)

Sayonara261022
Embryo

Postby Sayonara261022 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:27 am

New Twitter-Post:

Google-Translate from the Line Live-Website:
"Evangelion New Theatrical Version" series will be distributed for free! 9/28 ": Introduction", 9/29 ": Destruction", 9/30 ": Q" 3 nights in a row!
In addition, on the 25th anniversary of the "Evangelion" series, 3 works of ":
Introduction,: Destruction,: Q" will be distributed continuously from 18:30 on 10/4 (Sun)!
This project will start with the opening of "Cruel Angel's Thesis" as it did 25 years ago, and will be linked to the 25th anniversary of "Eva"! [LINE LIVE delivery schedule] September 28, 2020 (Monday)
21: 00-Let's watch together! "Evangelion New Theatrical Version: Introduction" * Until 23:59 on 9/30 (Wednesday) "Evangelion x LINE Project" can be viewed for free by registering as a friend September 29, 2020 (Tuesday)
21: 00-Let's watch together! "Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance" * Until 23:59 on 10/1 (Thursday) "Evangelion x LINE Project" can be viewed for free by registering as a friend September 30, 2020 (Wednesday)
21: 00-Let's watch together! "Evangelion New Theatrical Version: Q" * Available for free with "Evangelion x LINE Project" friend registration until 23:59 on 10/2 (Fri.) October 4, 2020 (Sun) 18: 30- "Evangelion New Theatrical Version" : Introduction: Break: Q ”Everyone is good! * No archive viewing

Maybe they will announce something after streaming?
Last edited by Sayonara261022 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 am

No. They won't take me this time.
Don't expect anything, you'll live better lol.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:01 am

I’m near certain that if Khara was planning on making any big Shin Eva announcements that they wouldn’t do it at the tail end of a few television specials they tweeted about the day of broadcasting.

That being said, I kinda wish these broadcasts were happening in the US in order to keep hype alive on this end of the globe. God, I gotta dog out those Funi Blu-rays and just go to town on them.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:00 pm

He doesn't mention Evangelion by name but our lovely friend Shiro Sagisu posted on Twitter today that he's back at work on something.

Google Translation: Remote session of the orchestra at the prestigious Air Studio! !!
It's been 30 years since I moved to this huge church, and it's worth it, even though the maximum number of people is 40 according to the corona regulations, all of them are 2m apart, and each one (number on the music stand) and overhead (red circle) has a total of 60 or more microphones, a new remote. Equipment too! … Such a gorgeous setting, no other studio can imitate

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:26 am

Yikes, that sounds like a pain. I wonder if he can produce as full-sounding of an orchestra if his string section isn't as close or as full as it usually is.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm

^I'm not too familiar with music recording, but based on what I've heard from seeing documentaries about particular albums and music groups, it might be possible to record the instrumental sections separately and then mix it together on the final tape. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:03 pm

Something's up. Anybody got a translation?
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:^I'm not too familiar with music recording, but based on what I've heard from seeing documentaries about particular albums and music groups, it might be possible to record the instrumental sections separately and then mix it together on the final tape. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty sure that’s the plan. Shiro Sagisu is a top notch musician and is working with the best team of artists and sound recording technicians possible. I’m sure they’ve problem solved any and all issues brought up by COVID and will deliver a score that is 100% what they wanted to achieve earlier this year. I have no concerns about the score being of a lesser quality.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:53 am

Oh, don’t mind me. I’m just being a paranoid, pedantic freak is all. I’m sure it’ll sound great, but I am curious about the technical logistics of recording like this. I’m sure it’s ultimately gonna sound great.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:57 am

View Original PostTajai wrote:

Something's up. Anybody got a translation?

"Taste a fruit juice. Even R-1 with jelly drink. Want some? Enjoy a free trial."
Just another commercial, nothing interesting, I guess.
Probably a Tsurumaki's art tho.
But don't expect something on Tenth october.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:05 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I’m sure it’ll sound great, but I am curious about the technical logistics of recording like this.

When you're using more than one microphone per musician, the spacing really isn't much of an issue.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

A Renegade Deserter
Adam
Location: Back from exile to infiltrate and combat my mortal enemy

Postby A Renegade Deserter » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:03 pm

^
First I thought about them meaning something about a tea flavor because Mari, for liking tea and a steaming bowl was shown on the tweet.

About Sagisu working in his Auditorium again sounds great, though It's questionable how they manage a new release for 3.0+1.0 next year. I've already settled for waiting for more fiew years to wait. Compaired around the time of 3.0s release and after Godzilla Resurgence, most of 3.0+1.0 should be already done and many should be reminded after waiting now 8 years for the last film, that they should accept it as it is and be grateful to finally watch it.

The whole Eva Fandom shouldn't repeat it's mistakes as with 3.0 and if Anno would've managed to make 3.0 and +1.0 together, the films would still be the same as they are now and the Fandoms reaction kinda too after not considering how obvious 2.0 glorified and played down what Eva deconstructs in its events and how the characters are. People should've become certain how they valued their experiences with Eva and the characters, so that 3.0+1.0 doesn't prove them wrong.

I questioned here before but didn't got a answer to, so I ask again please if somebody knows here what the newest issue of Eva Millennials meant on 3.0+1.0?
"To kill for yourself is murder. To kill for your government is heroic. To kill for entertainment is harmless."

"There is no difference between what is right and what is necessary."

"We cannot escape anguish. It is what we are."

"Collateral damage can be justified, if the gain outweighs the cost."

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:43 am

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:52 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Seems they keep perfecting the movie:

https://twitter.com/otakucalendarjp/status/1311469470334902272?s=19

Yeah,but in what way?
In the twit he says that he's "drawing a scene".
So, is a new one? Maybe something that was scrapped at first? Is he just re-drawing a pre-existing scene, maybe making it better?
Also in the first case, it would require some time to make it, between animators, sound designers, eventual dubbers, colorist etc.
Would it be finished for next year? How many more scenes are been making at this point?
Don't get me wrong, if Anno makes it better, or even longer, I'd be the happiest guy on earth, just finding the message "misleading".
Also " a scene that will be in history." Well boy, you got me hyped, chapeau.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:03 am

View Original PostA Renegade Deserter wrote:^
I questioned here before but didn't got a answer to, so I ask again please if somebody knows here what the newest issue of Eva Millennials meant on 3.0+1.0?

Hi! I reviewed EVANGELION Millennials 2 here: https://literaryeagle.tumblr.com/post/630187544627298304/for-my-seventieth-evangelion-book-review-here-is

For future reference, there is a thread here on EvaGeeks devoted to my Evangelion book reviews, so you can check there for more reviews and information related to Evangelion books: https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16887/Merch-Evangelion-book-review-blog/

I hope that helps! ^_^
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:33 am

View Original PostMr. M wrote:Yeah,but in what way?

Yeah, makes new questions come up. It's true whatever is being drawn will have to go through post too. Don't know how ambitious what is being done is, but (unsurprisingly) an indication that the film isn't coming in the immediate future.

I wonder if there will be fixes on the bluray. This film has been in development for so long, would could they possibly still fix?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”