Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed May 20, 2020 7:01 am

I was in two minds between two versions of the same scene, from episode 19 or 2.22. I'm going with the latter, which is much more austere:

Image Image

The dialogue is rather different also. In episode 19 it runs: "We probably won't see each other again", "Yes, that's my intention"; whereas in 2.22 we have: "Grow up, Shinji", "I don't know what it means to be grown-up".

Here are the full-size images I chose between (sorry, they're already cropped, but that loses nothing except extra space):

SPOILER: Show
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Found this particular one of Asuka which I really liked and after resizing it to fit this site's standards, it's going to be the go to for my forum needs. :D
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon May 25, 2020 9:15 am

Live-Action Lofi Hip Hop Radio beats to relax/study to

Details about the making of the video here.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:40 am

Same as above, except I've changed to the more colourful version for Shinji's birthday.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Giving toothy Mark.09 a break so I can dandy it up with Sanson from Nadia.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:49 am

I originally had the intention of just sticking with only NGE Rei but couldn't resit this awesome image of Rei Q.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Haven't changed in a while, so let's fix that...

For the time being, how about everyone's (citation needed) favorite curmudgeonly motormouth reviewer?
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:37 am

Something completely different, as I don't have a new Shinji that I'm in the mood for right now. Ranchiki, from Maze Megaburst Space:
original  SPOILER: Show
A screen capture from the anime:

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:26 am

My turn.

I've chosen mask of guitar players from alt-metal Sweet Noise band, which became their sorta trademark. Here you can see them guys, at the Facebook page of Piotr Mohamed, the frontman.

Another Mohamed's project, MyRiot, in collaboration with Behemoth's bass player recorded this masterpiece:

Glaca (roughly translated) wrote:They want me to walk away, disappear and forget
Bow my head, close my eyes and recover
Start to speak, write and do what they want
Be part of the scheme which drags you down, brother

To renounce the truth - I swear, I can't do it...

...and so on (complete Polish lyrics can be found here).

Thank you.
JUSTICE & MERCY

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:45 pm

ErgoProxy, was it influenced by the thingy in the link? Spoiler tags for safety's sake since it links to recent news -

https://forum.evageeks.org/post/896241/Lamp-Festival-with-Anno-drawings/#p896241
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:04 pm

New month, new icon. Tatiana this time, because I've watched dozens of reactions to the video it comes from (original here) and its mesmerizing/entertaining every single time (especially when the tone shifts).
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:35 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Another old classic: A little sunshine for these 2 crazy kids from one of my favorite Rebuild Promo pics :asukahearts:

Switched from the AsuShin sunshine here to the Radio Eva magazine cover, instead :shinjismile:

N-no, of course I'm not subtly hoping that Thrice Upon a Time'll give us post credits adult!AsuShin happiness, what makes you think that?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:19 pm

This time, I used a Asuka from 3.0 time period desktop and shrunk it to maximum allowed size which doesn't do much favor in really glancing it.

"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:21 am

In reaction to certain happenings (those concerned should be able to work it out) I have chosen this extract from Der Schrei der Natur, later known as The Scream, by Edvard Munch. Munch made several versions of his painting, including this litho print. Note that it is not the figure who is screaming - the scream is being heard, which is why the ears are being covered.

Full original print  SPOILER: Show

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:35 am

Here we go, another change for the month.

Her name's Nene, and she's cute. That's the long and short of it.
(Source: 296426, page five. If you know what the numbers mean, you'll get it. Awesome wholesome vanilla.)

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Felt like uploading an Asuka that can be seen more clearly and I found in Desktop Nexus this one.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:41 am

OK, that happened. Now to return to the regular programming of Shinji. In this fan image, he looks pretty relaxed and attentive; I just like it.

Full image  SPOILER: Show

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:49 pm

Mine is from the same artist as Mr. Pw

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:42 pm

I wanted something for Spooktober, but still wanted it to be cute. So you get an adorable Boosette for the month.

EDIT: And now it's November. Gonna bring out Billy Joel for this month.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:24 am

While it's still Ricchan's birthday in Japan, a long overdue change

It's Ritsu-nyan!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”