Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:11 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:seething in film nerd THE EDITING THE BLOCKING THE COLORS THE CHARACTERS THE FRAMING THE CHARACTER SAKUGA THE SHEER LACK OF DUMB ECCHI BULLSHIT EVERYBODY'S AN ADULT abby best girl of the year

Doesn't Abigail step out of the shower in episode 1?

Or was the emphasis on dumb and I'm just "it" for not noticing?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 am

Gundam Build Divers Re: Rise finale

The air of a guy walking into a bar with a shotgun, thinking he'll own the place and call the shots, only for every patron to pull a gun and level it in his direction?

That silly bastard was Alus this episode.

OP for the finale features omitted sound elements of the Mobile suits powering up, along with weapon and ambient effects and the result is quite nice to listen to.

Hiroto's CORE Gundam now has 8 armor variations for each of the 8 planets. Yes, you heard me, 8. Pluto sniffers can go howl at the moon.

That ending arsenal shot of the CORE Gundam is an image I'll keep in mind long after I forget everything else. It's really Iconic, has Gundam honestly never done it before? Given how prevalent that is for actual weapon systems ...

Ending dialogue confirms the El-Divers are reborn Eldoran ancients who Fantastic Chidren'ed themselves to Earth as digimon. Gundam style.

SPOILER: Show
To the end, Hinata never really garnered purpose as a character, and in the final moments Hiroto and May are shown to have a deeper connection. Which is certainly plausible, given she actually knew his whole story, and was the one who actually helped him deal with it, and he helped her in return. Can't name one thing he did for Hinata.
Last edited by Alaska Slim on Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:10 pm

WOW! Boy are these Berserk 1997 episodes 1-4 hardcore dark territory or what?!

The first episode was almost unnecessary since it barely ties in with the main plot of the Band of the Hawk so you can skip that one. As for the main arc, Casca and Corkus are reprehensible due to their personality clashing with Guts for no apparent reason but at least for Casca since I already saw the movie trilogy I pretty much get the gist of her beginning hatred which changes, but Corkus just has no redeeming qualities at all. Analyzing Griffith's overall goal of having the world and his own kingdom but understanding the lengths he eventually goes to get it, I now understand why it's sometimes hard to tell whether he really did anything wrong since technically, he was wronged by the kingdom that welcomed him and his Band of the Hawk members like equals all because of a booty call with the wrong person.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:00 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:WOW! Boy are these Berserk 1997 episodes 1-4 hardcore dark territory or what?!

I suddenly feel an interest to see this all of the sudden.

I remember seeing Dark Egg (did I get that Berserk title right?) on Netflix a few years back. And I gotta say, Guts seem like a pretty hardcore character.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:04 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I remember seeing Dark Egg (did I get that Berserk title right?) on Netflix a few years back. And I gotta say, Guts seem like a pretty hardcore character.

If you mean the first Golden Age Arc film, the accurate title would be The Egg of the King.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:12 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:If you mean the first Golden Age Arc film, the accurate title would be The Egg of the King.

Oh, that’s right! That’s the one there. Thanks for correcting me there. I haven’t seen that in a while, so I didn’t remember the title right.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Rent-A-Girlfriend - Yes, the general story and main character are terrible. Lying makes everything better, right? It's a shame, considering the effort put in to the look of it all. The characters are very pretty drawings, I was even thinking "Blimey, those are some cute old ladies".
One source of entertainment is the comment section of Crunchy and the vitriol people express for Mami and... wow, I've actually forgotten the main character's name :lol:

Food Wars Season 5 - Season 4 was a satisfying enough conclusion, there didn't need to be more... but its nice to know there's more anyway.
I often find myself saying "Put some clothes on" of the cast, and that's before the ridiculous clothes-exploding flavourgasms even begin.

Uzaki-Chan wants to hang-out - "Put that ass away"; "Sugoi Dekai" and an impassioned endorsement of mint-chocolate have been the only memorable things about this show.
The hijinks have been no different from most typical teen comedies; the college setting never really being used. At one point the main duo go out drinking, but besides that- they could just as easily be declared high-schoolers.

Fruits Basket Season 2 - Considering its been so long since I read the comic, being reminded of all the sad and happy moments and seeing the characters brought to life again is very soothing. They actually got most of the original English dub cast back too? Very welcome fan service.

Re:ZERO season 2 - Having to keep track of all the names, events, revelations... this is bloody tiring to watch.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 3 - Having to keep track of all the names, relationships, subtle emotional changes... this is bloody tiring to watch.
View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Did you notice that the sky in the OP ending shot changes?

Didn't until you pointed it out :D Do people even watch OPs nowadays? I remember a day when openings actually opened the episode...
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:13 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Rent-A-Girlfriend - wow, I've actually forgotten the main character's name :lol:

Main character's name is Kazuya.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:46 am

I’m finally watching Violet Evergarden. About 5 episodes in.

It’s one of the most beautifully animated shows I’ve ever seen.
I’ve also strangely felt absolutely nothing watching it.
All the right elements are there and the characters with their big hypnotic pupils cry and emote at the right moments in just the right ways all beautifully animated in soft focus and perfect pastel color palettes... and I feel nothing. Which is odd cause I cry at movies and tv shows all the time.

Maybe it’s the world of the show not making any sense. Maybe it’s the fact with the life she’s lived this girl should be 24 and not 14.

It;s an odd one.

Absolutely gorgeous though. Every frame is perfect.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:16 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous though. Every frame is perfect.

A shame they have an awful tendency to obscure it with tons of blurring and other effects. If I was an animator I'd have a stroke seeing most or all of my work be nearly invisible because of some effect they put there later. Not that I have anything against said effects, but I think they really overdid it in Evergarden.

I felt something similar when I watched it back when it came out. The visuals are great and the execution is fine, but I found the stories on display to be just ok, I guess? I kept thinking that something so pretty should be better than it really is.
I finished it and have no desire to ever see it again, I don't even care about the movie and whatever else came out since then, the world and characters just aren't interesting enough.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:30 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Rent-A-Girlfriend - Yes, the general story and main character are terrible. Lying makes everything better, right? It's a shame, considering the effort put in to the look of it all. The characters are very pretty drawings, I was even thinking "Blimey, those are some cute old ladies".

I still didn't need to see Grandma's rump while she fondled Chizuru. That was unnecessary.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 3 - Having to keep track of all the names, relationships, subtle emotional changes... this is bloody tiring to watch.
Didn't until you pointed it out :D Do people even watch OPs nowadays? I remember a day when openings actually opened the episode...

This dates back to the Zoku OP -- they were changing the utensils and their state in the clubroom to signify the relationship level of the three Service Club members (whether Hikki was there)... Oh they also changed who appeared by the desk.

But for this show the OPs are a must watch, they function as character songs more or less. S1 was Yukino, Zoku was Hachiman, and Kan arguably is Yui.

Anyway, in Kan episode 10 Yukino turns towards the camera.

And in episode 11, we finally have our decision. They cut out a lot of LN content to hold this scene intact, and I'm actually glad they did. It was worth the 5 year wait in the end.

We also have like 5 glorious minutes of watching the animators break a cutie. The flex on this and Haruno's face last episode is just fantastic.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Justacrazyguy wrote:I finished it and have no desire to ever see it again, I don't even care about the movie and whatever else came out since then, the world and characters just aren't interesting enough.

This is 100% how I feel about Violet Evergarden

I think to me it was just too cliche? Like I felt I saw the story be done a lot before, and it seemed like the scenes that were trying to get me to feel something were just trying too hard. It was a tad too cheesy.

chazthesilencer wrote:Re:ZERO season 2 - Having to keep track of all the names, events, revelations... this is bloody tiring to watch.

I honestly barely know what's going on in the second season, man, and I just watched the first season so it's still really fresh in my mind. I feel like I might need to marathon rewatch the second season if I want to get a gist of what is happening. I'm enjoying watching it because I like the characters and the universe, and I wouldn't say it's a show I have to force myself to watch, but I wish I had a better grasp on it...but a lot of times things do tend to go right over my head and this is something I've made peace with :D

I'm following Appare Ranman just fine though so I've got that going for me. Probably the show I look forward to most each week.

chazthesilencer wrote: Do people even watch OPs nowadays? I remember a day when openings actually opened the episode...

With a show I always watch the OP, and watch the ED at least once and I'll rewatch it if the songs a banger(Fire Force Season 2 has a great ED and the Angel Beats! ED was always cool to watch to see how it changed). But yea, I like the OP starting the show and the ED ending the show, seems like we don't see it too much anymore. Man, sometimes an OP will happen like 8 minutes after the start of the episode! I'm towards the end of a Dragon Ball Super watch and the show starts with the Toei logo, the intro, the OP, and the last episode recap, so after about 15 minutes we get to the actual episode ;)
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 am

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:This is 100% how I feel about Violet Evergarden

I think to me it was just too cliche? Like I felt I saw the story be done a lot before, and it seemed like the scenes that were trying to get me to feel something were just trying too hard. It was a tad too cheesy.

The show is a meta-symbol for studio Kyoani at this point.

A story of losing those important to you and having to find a way to move on?

Hits it even more on the head in the OVA.

Now, that's not to blackmail anyone into thinking it's good. The "iron maiden" schitck ending I thought was a bad move; it would have been better to have left her exploits as a soldier vague, and continued developing Violet through less violent means.

The presentation of the finale also left me thinking they had run out of time, as everything felt fragmented at best. The animation and the story beats.

But the one-off stories up to about episode 10 I thought were pretty good; as how they vicariously developed the emotionally-budding Violet. In the film they gave Benedict ( blonde delivery guy) much needed characterization, and an "update" to the world that makes it feel more alive. The relationship at the center, that of the two sisters, was also well-crafted if a bit slow in pacing.

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:
With a show I always watch the OP, and watch the ED at least once and I'll rewatch it if the songs a banger(Fire Force Season 2 has a great ED and the Angel Beats! ED was always cool to watch to see how it changed). But yea, I like the OP starting the show and the ED ending the show, seems like we don't see it too much anymore. Man, sometimes an OP will happen like 8 minutes after the start of the episode! I'm towards the end of a Dragon Ball Super watch and the show starts with the Toei logo, the intro, the OP, and the last episode recap, so after about 15 minutes we get to the actual episode ;)

With music now in a world of non-linear editing I have to think that it's this direct connection to the music industry, along with the nature of anime production committees, that's lead to Japan better holding onto practices of traditional scoring.

So much of the scoring in the West is just ambient noise meant to match the beats of character dialogue or plot developments. Leitmotifs and themes are harder and harder to discern. I don't like it.

Equally, Oregairu and shows like Plastic Memories made me aware that certain shows do "play" with their OPs, and so some attention should be paid lest a kernel of the experience be overlooked.

If it's something like Mob Psycho's 99, or just anything with Sawano Hiroyuki's involvement, it's hard not to get swept up even after the 10th watch,

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:27 pm

I finished the Violet Evergarden series. Not very good. It's predictable but I really loved Episode 10 - the dying mother writing her letters to her young daughter - but the series as a whole was a bit of a mess.

Justacrazyguy wrote:I felt something similar when I watched it back when it came out. The visuals are great and the execution is fine, but I found the stories on display to be just ok, I guess? I kept thinking that something so pretty should be better than it really is.

I finished the Violet Evergarden series. Not very good. It's predictable but I really loved Episode 10 - the dying mother writing her letters to her young daughter - but the series as a whole was a bit of a mess.

I think a key issue for me is the series felt like the author had a very specific image in their head of Violet herself, created her and then did not follow through so she felt an organic part of the world around her. A restrained blond child solider with robot arms living in Victorian/World War I era Europe is a wonderful concept of a character. But then didn't do the work after that. The Victorian era mixed with like WWI imagery is interesting but then Violet has these incredibly articulate and flawless prosthetic arms and hands with dexterous fingers that feels like something out of a Ghost in the Shell future world. Nothing else in the world of the show even hints that they have technology like this. And were child soldiers a thing in this world? There was certainly no signs of any other teeny tiny murder children in the world of the show. Violet was the only one. Why?

Things like that bugged me.

I also just couldn't engage with the central through-line of Violet and the Gilbert guy. Everything leans so heavily in a romantic direction and when I thought Violet was in her early 20s at the start it felt like a promising central hook for the series but when I learned she was 14 at the start of the show - and several years younger when she met and worked with Gilbert - every scene with him that was heavily coded as a romance felt gross.

So the show was a bust for me.

But I'm a completist and Netflix has the OVA and first movie of the series so I continued. Thankfully those two continue doing what the series did best which was have Violet be a driving force for someone else's story. The OVA is solid and effective.

But the first movie, Violet Evergarden: Eternity & the Auto Memory Doll, is something I thoroughly loved from start to finish! Again, Violet herself is more of an element for the two main characters of the film, two "sisters", to react off of and grow and THAT'S the sweet spot of this series. Violet is a boring character, her peers aren't that intersting, but the concept of the "writing doll" is a solid vehicle for genuinely interesting stories to be told. By leaning entirely into how Violet and her peers work affects other people and giving almost zero attention to the odd "Violet was an emotionally repressed super-soldier/murder machine who found her humanity when she fell in love with a handsome rich pervert when she was 11" nonsense the movie does everything right I felt the series got wrong. It just kinda hit all the right sweet spots for me.

So, yeah, while I wasn't a fan of the show that first movie I absolutely adored! I want that baby on 4K Blu-Ray one day!

The show, bit of a wet noodle.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I also just couldn't engage with the central through-line of Violet and the Gilbert guy. Everything leans so heavily in a romantic direction and when I thought Violet was in her early 20s at the start it felt like a promising central hook for the series but when I learned she was 14 at the start of the show - and several years younger when she met and worked with Gilbert - every scene with him that was heavily coded as a romance felt gross.

Agreed, the relationship should have been more like Marida Cruz and Captain Zinnerman; one of a foster Father/Daughter. If that meant aging up Gilbert, so be it; nothing story wise is changed if he were the same age as, say, Hodgins. Everything in his backstory could remain.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:35 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I also just couldn't engage with the central through-line of Violet and the Gilbert guy. Everything leans so heavily in a romantic direction and when I thought Violet was in her early 20s at the start it felt like a promising central hook for the series but when I learned she was 14 at the start of the show - and several years younger when she met and worked with Gilbert - every scene with him that was heavily coded as a romance felt gross.

This element got to me as well, I felt it was creepy
It's also not helped by the fact that rumour has it in the final movie Gilbert may return, and they might get back together and though it's implied by this time that Violet is much older like in her 20s it doesn't change the fact he may have lied about his death told his family and friends to lie about his death to her putting all her friendships in to question and putting up a fake gravestone just to top it off.

Even if it was, so she could grow and make her own choices its still a foundation based on lying and is deeply unhealthy and not helped by the fact that Violets clung on to this idea of being with him and had no romantic interests outside him though Amy Bartlett is debatable if you view violet as bisexual

I enjoyed the series but not the movie but that's just me ^_^

Okko's Inn
I watched this but as I was watching I kept thinking this is not aimed at me this is clearly aimed at someone far younger. Just because it kind of washes over its hard issues and does not take them on head on and the ending is so far from reality it derails the movies.
Oriko parents both die at the start they are killed by a jack knifing lorry she is rescued by a ghost after she goes to the inn she meets the same ghost and a new one.

The movie is fun and light-hearted though you do see her having one panic attack which she gets over way too quick to be believable though it does come across that she's in denial about her parents deaths and thinks there coming back the derailing is in the last ten minutes she is told her ghost friends will be moving on my by an oni in the dance festival but not why as its not clear why they are staying around or what their true unfinished business is.

Then the movie does this super hard ball where she meets the lorry driver who killed her parents, but she just forgives them, which no kid would do they be angry even if it wasn't the persons fault because the raw emotion would be they took your life away and ruined it even if it was a tragic accident and mistake. I could understand if this scene had been framed ten years later, and she'd gone to speak to him and said she'd forgiven him, but not so early on after the accident.

Its why I wish they'd cut out all the heavy stuff from this movie as they just weren't willing to deal with it realistically and kept it about the ghosts and Yōkai only. Though I do realize the manga might be very different so I was gonna give a glance see if it's different. Its also made me want to seek out A letter to Momo as I've heard that's much better and deals with a similar idea.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:45 am

Yeah silvermoonlight, as much as I loved Eternity & the Auto Memory Doll - like LOVED IT. I rewatched it already - I took a peak at Reddit about the just released final Violet Evergarden movie and that sounds like it's all just everything from the show I actively did not care for. I'll watch it when the thing gets dropped on Netflix but I am not looking forward to it. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised but expectations are low. Thankfully according to Bluray.com Eternity & the Auto Memory Doll is coming to Bluray in December as a standalone release (this is for the US) so I'll be buying that. Give me more softly lit "totally not gay" women friendships and that one dude going the extra distance in high heeled boots.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Thankfully according to Bluray.com Eternity & the Auto Memory Doll is coming to Bluray in December as a standalone release (this is for the US) so I'll be buying that. Give me more softly lit "totally not gay" women friendships and that one dude going the extra distance in high heeled boots.

It's not a movie I'll be buying ether, though like you I might watch it on netflix just for curiosity as I'd rather get just the series and in my canon I say that she moved on and maybe married Amy Bartlett as Gilbert is not coming back.
I'm just not behind Gilbert at first I was and thought oh hey this can be forgiven but the more I started thinking about it the more I kept seeing the cracks and how bad this whole thing is and how no one in their right mind would have forgiven him for this betrayal when the truth gets out as it's not just him lying it's a huge ruse to mislead her.

My issue with Eternity & the Auto Memory Doll was not the first half I really enjoyed that but the second half with her step-sister was an issue for me
I kind of felt it was mocking people who can't read or write and as someone who has very mild dyspraxia, dyslexia's annoying lesser cousin I didn't enjoy where it was going or how it was handling Taylor Bartlett story it just annoyed me, and I didn't like that Amy was in some loveless marriage and the two sisters don't meet but I could watch the first half over and over.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:36 pm

I just got caught up with the first two episodes of Teknoman or Tekkaman Blade as it is originally called in Japan, this would be the Saban version that was heavily edited back in the day. Because of that, the lines that come off the characters feel slightly dated but hey, bonus points for putting Rita Repulsa's voice actress as the main female character voice in this one. Her normal voice at least I believe what is portrayed here is more than somewhat entrancing.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:39 am

Oregairu S3 Finale

Well that was a 5 year wait for... ok'ness...

Episode 11 was well delivered, but this episode, as expected, just felt waffy and out of place next to the tone of most of this series.

Narrowing the "I want something genuine" of Zoku to "I wanted a girlfriend" here in Kan just doesn't feel like what Watari originally intended. It feels like a compromise he was pushed into accepting, another convention of the genre he gave into along with the spinster jokes and the harem teasing.

We didn't get the "darker" Iroha who would blackmail Hiki to get her way. We didn't get Yui doing anything truly "unfair" despite what she said. We didn't get Hiki "destroying" really anything at all despite what he said.

For whatever reason, Watari said you needed to read Volume 1 to see better what Volume 14 would be concluding... and that really came to nothing. It was hinted to be the nature of the Service Club, why it existed, but the story never actually gets to that.

Why did Yukino make the club? Why did she guard the key for so long? Both of these points are explicitly brought attention to by Hiki several times in the series and the LN, yet they're never answered.

Equally, we never get a real resolution to the plight of the two heavy-lifting side characters; Hayama and Haruno. Hayama is still stuck without forgiveness, Haruno is still stuck in her self-isolation. This honestly sucks.

Now, Volume 14.5 is still to come out, perhaps some of these loose ends will be addressed then. And perhaps from that, we'll get the season cap OVA.
But I just don't think we'll ever get what Watari intended when he wrote Volume 1, or even Volume 11. The series as it stands just feels disconnected.

Still for the confession in episode 11, and Haruno revealing herself in episode 10, it is worth the watch. Also, 90% of scenes with Sensei in it. Best girl, we all know it. ^_^

Return to “Anime and Manga”