Orcot Hypotheticals [multiple threads merger]

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Orcot Hypotheticals [multiple threads merger]

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:41 pm

How would you rewrite the episode Jet alone to make it more enjoyable ? You're allowed to change the order of episode for example you can begin the episode afther Asuka is introduced but say no later then episode before leliel

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: rewriting Jet alone

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Perhaps you could start the conversation by sharing your own thoughts on the matter.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 pm

A Human Work is just fine as it is. I really don't get the hate; it makes sense structurally and narratively, establishes both that Nerv is not very well liked to the point of sinking billions into making functional competition and that they are not above sabotaging their on paper allies to further their own goals, gives a breather episode in between an emotional climax and a serious breakup of the status quo and explores the relationship and past of most of the adults.

This episode can stay as is; if I absolutely had to change something, I'd double down on this plot line and have some of it come back later in the show in the form of weapon technology or some other background element to acknowledge the arc
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Well it had been a long time since I've seen the episodes but I plan on watching them again pretty soon (I also read the manga).

I would make it a 2 parter together with the introduction of Asuka

Essentially the company that made jet alone is also a member of Seele but not of NERV and want's to take control of eva 02 (not letting Gendo control all the eva's) They also made the weapon that killed Ramiel.

At the start of the first episode we meet 2 eva unit's, unit 2 and unit 4 (rebranded as eva 3 but it is the silver one). They recieving the S²core (of Shamshel who will cause the destruction of now unit 3 as they try to incorperate it into the eva).This alone will make sure Gendo will get his way but that's only revealed later.

Shinji is send to the carrier that has Unit 02 and the spear of longinus, however Asuka is not present but a back up pilot, staying close to the Original Kaworu is the most Obvious candidate getting a short cameo and he can give some exposition abouth the soul of Asuka's mother. Alternatives are either a child agent of the other company to socialize with Asuka or a American pilot of unit 03 (04 the one who will blow up off screen in the orginal). Eitherway they will get attacked by gagiel.

Seeing Shinji in Asuka's plugsuit aided by the alt pilot (kaworu) would probably be more funny then the original. The idea being that without Asuka unit 2 can not brake the AT field so they use the spear of Longinus. It works but it get's lost to the sea, (they will try and retrieve it in in the volcano episode that will be a deep sea episode).

Meanwhile Asuka is in Tokyo at the meeting of "human made" Gendo get's a moment of awesome, as during the entire series Gendo is never really portrayed positively and this early on he also deserves a moment in the sun.
Perhaps have a eulogy not at yui's grave but a general grave of the unknown victims, with both Rei and Asuka present but not Shinji.
See Gendo trying to seduce Ritsuko
Have a awkward moment between Rei and Asuka.

Episode 02

Most of the human made episode,Eva 02 is in the water but luckily has a inflatable ring similar as used in episode 9. So unit 02 eventually will be towed into the harbor. Pissing of Asuka as she did not get to pilot her eva in it's first real fight at is get's towd to shore humorously. (Kaworu dissapears before meeting the rest of the cast only to return afther Asuka dissapears).

Shinji will meet Asuka at the worst possible time

Yet alone goes beserk but they agree to Gendo's wishes and yet alone is allowed to continue to exist, their will be multiple excuses why it's relativly useless in combat but it will be the designated sniper.

Misato and the pilots will have diner at some point.

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Could Rei have survived armisael in a meaninful way

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 am

Rei probably could have survived armisael attack if they had send unit 00 out with the dummy plug and a N2 mine. But that would have undone the entire situation.
Do you believe Rei(II) could have survived afther she got invaded?

A possible interaction could have been that when armisael sought contact with Rei(II) the inner soul of Unit 00 also popped up. This could have happend in multiple ways Rei (II) could have answered in double speak (echo like talk) pushing the Rei has schizophrenia theory. A other way to visualize it would be to give Rei a peterpan like shadow that dances around inside the Eva around Rei(II) and Armisael. And slowly attaches itself to Rei(II) becoming more and more coherent.

The conversation still ends with Armisael attacking Shinji and Rei (II) pulling armisael in and detonating a N2 mine (to save Shinji). The mine still explodes killing both Armisael, unit 00 and story wise Rei II. But the N2 mine was not in Rei(II) entry plug. As the recovery team find Rei's entry plug both in the Anime and the Manga and it is not vaporized and Rei(II) hand is still hand shaped. So the mine was most likely inside the body of unit 00.

In this alternate reality Rei(II) has the same intentions and same reason like the Original. But unit 00 goes "Beserk" places the N2 mine on a short timer and has a very brief conversation with Rei(II) and eject her entry plug out like happend during the first (failed) activation test. (the one that turned her into a mummy)(the image could be partialy based on how Misato was saved by her dad, with Rei showing a similar wound across the belly). (Meanwhile Rei I maintains the AT field with Armisael beeing confused as S*** and perhaps Rei taunts Armisael by taking the form of Naoko as Armisael looks like Rei and Naoko killed Rei I it also makes it somewhat ambigous who's soul exactly in there as a other alternative she takes the form of adam as this is probably the form Armisael would have wanted to see before he died [adam beein Armisael parent]). Something of Rei(I) being a wall of light saying something in the likes of "come by my side" with a confused Armisael saying "…father?" followed by the N2 explosion would look the best and would be in line on how Rei handles third impact.

I don't really mind that Rei II (still) dies. But both the manga and the series make it somewhat ambigious if Rei is still alive or not and that it needs to be verified. Whilst it is Obvious that she is dead had she been in a rocket shooting away from the blast radius with a lead of several seconds people could genuily wonder is she escaped or not.
Rei could still have had her death wish, whilst at the same time shown desire to outlive her situation, this could have given the same emotional response like the Original. Meanwhile Rei I trying to save Rei II would have shown some final character growth.

In the end story wise it is probably best to kill of Rei II at this point.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Could Rei have survived armisael in a meaninful way

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:56 am

Anno really wants Rei to suffer and live(die) with misery.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:09 am

View Original PostBerserker wrote:Anno really wants Rei to suffer and live(die) with misery.

No. Just... no.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:22 am

But both the manga and the series make it somewhat ambigious if Rei is still alive or not

Look closely - there's Kentucky fried Rei in the entry plug after she self-destructs.

Tech 1: Well, o'course she was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed her down, she would have nuzzled up to the hatch, bent it apart with her hands, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!
Tech 2: "VOOM"?!? Mate, she wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through her! She's bleedin' demised!
Tech 1: No no! She's pining!
Tech 2: Pinin?? She's not pinin'! She's passed on! This Rei is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, she rests in peace! If she wasn't burnt to a crisp, she'd be pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the Eva! She's kicked the bucket, she's shuffled off her mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-REI!!
Tech 1: ... Well, I'd better replace her, then.

(Heh, X-ray :nyao: ).
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:43 am

View Original PostDerantor wrote:Image
Look closely - there's Kentucky fried Rei in the entry plug after she self-destructs.

Tech 1: Well, o'course she was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed her down, she would have nuzzled up to the hatch, bent it apart with her hands, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!
Tech 2: "VOOM"?!? Mate, she wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through her! She's bleedin' demised!
Tech 1: No no! She's pining!
Tech 2: Pinin?? She's not pinin'! She's passed on! This Rei is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, she rests in peace! If she wasn't burnt to a crisp, she'd be pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are now history! She's off the Eva! She's kicked the bucket, she's shuffled off her mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-REI!!
Tech 1: ... Well, I'd better replace her, then.

(Heh, X-ray :nyao: ).

Miso a la Rei sounds better then Kentucky fried Rei I think. She probably got boiled inside her entry plug until the pressure inside made it explode aftherall. Surprisingly little damage considering her proximity to the bomb.

When buggy (unit 00) gets invaded she is in a low mountainais area. The entry plugs are not real rockets but it's not entirly impossible to shoot her far enough that she ends up on the other edge of the (mountain) ridge.
having a massive hill between you and a explosion could combinend that she is below the horizon (as she decend below the ridge). Combinend by the fact that she is breathing LCL ( a liquid) not air meaning her lungs cavities have roughly the same density like the rest of her body preventing lung damage by potential schokwaves.

Introducing both Rei I and giving armisael a dead scene would have crowded the scene yes but this could have helped to make Shinji and kaworu following scenes a bid more depressing. Aftherall it is so much worse if their is still hope.

https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/3776/Armisael-in-Ep23/
This scene could then be worked out a bid more. Giving a scene between Rei I and Rei II with Rei I/buggy forcefully ejecting Rei II to safe her. With Rei stating something in the line of can I go now can I rest when she sets of the N2 with Rei I going beserk and saying something in the line of shame on you go and live or you know why you want to live etc make it sappy.
And when Armisael get forcefully pulled into buggy he can get a clearer image of the other angels with buggy being sort of in the middle distorted white figure similar to adam, with Armisael saying something in the line of ..where ...how...You ...my siblings? with buggy looking like adam saying "come by our side" followed by the explosion with Armisael (still in Rei's image with a face of extacy similar to the people in third impact).

Rei II is seen still alive afther the explosion but still pretty fucked up giving some last character develoment where she states she hopes she will survive this and that she hopes to see all of them again. Perhaps ending with some poem. She will offcourse be dead before a rescue team could salvage her. but that would be a in a other episode or comic.
Unit 01 being disabled by the blast, Shinji wakes up in the hospital not sure if Rei is alive or not. Beginning the next story Rei III is kept somehwat ambigious and a first viewing people could be forgiven to think Rei II survived with amnesia but it's clear by the end when ritsuko destroys the dummy system that their had been 3 Rei's missing.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:44 pm

View Original Postorcot wrote:Rei II is seen still alive afther the explosion but still pretty fucked up giving some last character develoment where she states she hopes she will survive this and that she hopes to see all of them again. Perhaps ending with some poem. She will offcourse be dead before a rescue team could salvage her. but that would be a in a other episode or comic.
Unit 01 being disabled by the blast, Shinji wakes up in the hospital not sure if Rei is alive or not. Beginning the next story Rei III is kept somehwat ambigious and a first viewing people could be forgiven to think Rei II survived with amnesia but it's clear by the end when ritsuko destroys the dummy system that their had been 3 Rei's missing.

That's just cheap writing. If you get charred alive, you don't live just long enough to reflect on the world one final time.
You are dead. Full stop.

Keep that "final moment of joy when you really should be dead already" garbage in shows where nobody ever stays dead for longer than two seasons to begin with.

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:41 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:That's just cheap writing. If you get charred alive, you don't live just long enough to reflect on the world one final time.
You are dead. Full stop.

Keep that "final moment of joy when you really should be dead already" garbage in shows where nobody ever stays dead for longer than two seasons to begin with.

Well Rei II does come back in the form of Rei III, so that is the source material make of that what you will.
Personally I don't think it's cheap yust by the mere trauma Rei shows troughout the show over how easy it would be to replace her.
Honnestly the loss of buggy (unit 00) is a greater loss to Rei then her own life she yust returns but that what binds her to humanity got lost (it was all she had) in the Original afther Rei III leaves the hospital. She has a brief visit to her appartment and for the rest of the show she is seen sitting on a chair until Gendo calls her because it's time for third impact. This is arguably yust as sad as her death.

A heavier focus on the death of Armisael would better prepare the viewer for the death of kaworu who would be next in line (and is also a angel).
This imagery is haunty but could be beautiful at the same time, making it able to recognize it's brethern would give some character development of the angels as wel. Leliel,Arael,Armisael and later Kaworu (and Rei... if you want to put her in this line that's fair). All sought out contact, so you know the source material was very good but perhaps a little bit more focus on the psychology of these eldrich abominations could have gone of for the better.
Reusing the imagery of it's death siblings to bring comfort (to Armisael) would also forbode Rei's handling of third impact. (I came down on the idea of Armisael saying something in the form of father and prefer brethern or siblings more as it's gender neutral)

Also manga/anime wise when people die theirs usually a fountain of blood signifying that the character is mortally wounded and they are given one last speech it happens enough in anime also the end credits of fly me to the moon is sung by Megumi Hayashibara Rei's voice actor. So ending with a poem seems doable.(altough it would not translate well in other languages)

Rei II death felt like Killboy's death, she was very Obvious death in a way you would be surprised their is still a entry plug left to be found
Had Rei been on the other side of the hill then by the viewpoint of the bomb she would be in a underground bunker (right trough the hill with meters of dirt inside a metal cilinder). Still death, but yust plausible enough to go and check.

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

If I'm ordered to I'll do it

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Say a remade of the NGE series was ordered and the writers would like to add in a gag on Rei's famous "If I'm ordered to I'll do it" in response to Asuka "Let's be friends" line. What would be your pitch idea.

In short Rei is ordered to hang out with Asuka for a certain amount of time for a certain reason what do they do (and who will break first, do they actualy have fun for some time)?

Here is a pitch
The spear of longinues not being in antartica but already recovered by the american. The director of the Jet alone is a affable evil/designated villain member of Seele who does not want Gendo to have to much power and offers a alternative robot (Jet alone). Whilst making it obvious it does not have a AT field he secretly plans to use the spear as a weapon. Gendo finds this out and wants the spear to keep lilith in check and has traded Shamsiel core (S2 organ) in return for the spear to the americans. Asuka in unit 02 and unit 04 pick up the core in america. Asuka seemingly goes onboard of the carrier with the spear whilst unit 04 leaves with the core.
Gendo is officialy informed and invited to the introduction of jet alone and says he will be present. Afther the fight with Ramiel Gendo has dinner with Rei, when Rei suggest a dinner party for him and Shinji and gendo agrees (later it's implied it was conveniet because he might need a alibi). Then he sends Shinji/Misato out to meet Asuka on the carrier and bring her to tokyo. (both Shinji and Rei get a +1 guest invite it is ment that Shinji uses his +1 for Asuka)

However Asuka arrives early on a plane (Shinji will meet unit's 2 backup pilot kaworu who will be naked coming out of a shower). Asuka knows of the trade so Gendo needs to keep her away from the jet alone party until afther Jet alone has gone beserk. So he orders her to go out with Asuka.
Whilst Asuka is reading a magazine still in the airport Rei steps into her light introduces herself and asks what she likes to do.
Rei suggest the cinema as it fills the time and she doesn't have to talk,but they end up going to a arcade hall. Asuka pressures Rei into picking something and ask her if she is in the mood of yust dumb robots fighting each other or something with a bit of story. They play a game and Asuka is bit to competitive and loud. Asuka ambigiously either calls Rei a smurf or their playing the smurfs.
Asuka leaves for a moment and Rei who had spotted Toji and Kensuke (Kensuke wanted to see the giant robot). Investigates Hikari is also present Rei promises the +1 to kensuke if he can keep Asuka occupied (he get's a window seat and snacks whilst he can look at the cool robot). Rei bails and the introduction of Asuka happens according to the comics without Shinji present. Then the tv show the attack of gaghiel. Shinji fought gahiel in Asuka's plugsuit together with kaworu using the longinues spear who is now on the bottom of the ocean, unit 02 is floating in the ocean with a flotation device similar to the one seen in episode 9. Asuka ends up royaly pissed. Both on Rei, Shinji and the director of jet alone who convinced her of flying over abandoning unit 2

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Unsatisfied with Rei's apartment

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:11 am

Rei's apartment is a weird place for sure, it curtainly gives off the right vibe but it always bothers me how Rei ever ended up at this place or why theirs water and electricity. It also looks like a unsafe neigberhoud to house what is a essential employee in a compagnee that tries to safe the world.

What if instead of the decrepit apartment. Rei's apartement is in a old boarding school, where the school part has burned down. The burnend down school could be gothic in nature and left as protected heritage. Where Shinji will ultimatly find Kaworu afther wandering there afther the events of armisael.

The boys dorm could be converted into something explaining the heavy noice and machinery. And the library is made open to the public. Theirs also a massive underground shelter incase of a angel attack having one under the school seems commen, Shinji's current school seems to have one as well. It is also insinuated that theirs a hidden pathway into NERV headquaters in the school. Last of all it might as well be a front for the marduk institute as well they have like a 100 locations and as their job are to select children for the e-project having a office in a boarding school in tokyo 3 where NERV is located wouldn't be that weird of a location.

So yeah from 1 side it looks, like a decend human city center with a active libary and being under constant renovation from the other side it looks like a burnend down religious ruin inside it looks clean until you move afther the facade then it is unmaintainend and underground a whole lot of mistery and speculation. (the interior apartment is probably okay altough it would be fun to have a obvious door that is never openend making you wonder what is behind it [like is it a secret elevator that allows Rei to reach central dogma unnoticed to innitiate third impact or is it yust a closet space or a little office]).

Furthermore It would also hold a former office for fuyutsuki (given guest lectures and having a office where educational relations mail could arrive). The fire should have happenend around 2 years before (that's when Rei transfered to the new school). Sending Rei to a boarding school would be in line with Gendo's tought patron (he send Shinji to live with his teacher as well). Because sending a <10 year old to live in Rei's original apartment would be a criminal offence.

that's what I would do with Rei's apartment.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: If I'm ordered to I'll do it

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Many of your threads are incredibly specific (to the point of making participation from others difficult to impossible) and fall under the general umbrella of "here's how I would change Evangelion". I've found some three to four of these threads, though there might be more. We do have a "what would you change about Evangelion" thread but your topics show a level of preoccupation with the subject that suggests what you really ought to be doing is writing Eva fanfics. In which case, you are definitely in the wrong subforum. But I'm not suggesting that you just start creating these threads in Fanfiction instead -- I would like to see fewer of these threads, as for your own purposes you only need a single thread at most for cataloguing your ideas. I honestly think you should try to organize your thoughts and come up with something you'd be willing to commit yourself to writing and completing. Help target that energy a little. But ultimately it's up to you -- I'm just a janitor.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

glitz2hard
Adam

Re: If I'm ordered to I'll do it

•      
  •      

Postby glitz2hard » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:20 pm

if you would organize all your thoughts in one thing, and maybe encourage others to do so too, that would be an EPIC thread. i'd be checking it often

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Orcot Hypotheticals [multiple threads merger]

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:50 pm

aparantly random toughts now but afther reading the "Trans* Allegories Within Evangelion" I wondered how a genderbend Asuka and Rei would act differently. I remembered that in the earlist concept design Shinji was actualy a girl. This makes me wonder could Toji and Kensuke be considered early concept for Asuka and Rei?
Toji like Asuka is a alpha type that has a foreign accent he is prone to violance but becomes a great friend he is also quick to comment and likes to take the lead, kensuke on the other hand is very pale and acts like he is somewhere on the autisme spectrum he has very specific intrest (military) and if not mysterious he is good on figuring out information. It is weird those 2 aren't particulairy close in the anime. Kensuke should have adored Rei the moment he found out she was a eva pilot from before Shinji joined. Rei probably would have enjoyed going camping discovering the country around Tokyo 3 and sleeping in spartan conditions with yust a tent and a sleeping bag. Kensuke also at least has some social skills witch would have worked better if eva was more abouth the robots and less abouth psychological trauma.

So the genderbender angla would be a bad story Asuka and Rei would yust jump to Toji and Kensuka also because gendo named both Shinji and Rei and femlale Shinji would have been named Rei Ikari and a male Rei would have been named Shinji Ayanami, this would yust be confusing.

Still if the early concept design was right I would have liked to see have seen a nod with Toji doing Asuka happy stand (spread legs hands on waist)[examples when they go have dinner "the value of miracles 21:15" of when the power is out and Shinji is opening the door "the day tokyo stood stil 9:18"] and Kensuke doing Rei's happy stand (clasping one arm behind her back and lifting one heel of the floor) [examples from the same scenes to make it easier to see what I mean]

glitz2hard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby glitz2hard » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:54 pm

orcot, please make a fanfiction. please. you have too many weird or cool ideas for them not to applied to SOMETHING. Anything.

View Original PostDerantor wrote:Image

i can't see it but i can't decide if i want to

View Original Postorcot wrote:Rei probably could have survived armisael attack if they had send unit 00 out with the dummy plug and a N2 mine.

They treat Rei effectively as a dummy plug. It's the same situation either way, from Gendo's point of view.
FUCK GENDO
Last edited by glitz2hard on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:20 pm

View Original Postglitz2hard wrote:They treat Rei effectively as a dummy plug. It's the same situation either way, from Gendo's point of view.
FUCK GENDO

I wished he did because then he would have actualy send the dummy plug in stead of Rei, Rei didn't even have a backup dummy plug like Shinji had (not that she could have escaped with it). Gendo even makes the mistake by sending Shinji out (anime) given Rei a other reason why she can't escape unit 00.

With Asuka's mental state (and the state of unit 02)the loss of unit 00 actualy plays in favor for Shinji it leaves unit 01 as the only reliable eva putting it back ,in service (it was grounded afther consuming the S2 engine). It would also put Rei save so she can innitiate third impact if necesairy. Meanwhile the destruction of unit 00 would (if it containend any) free up the framnents of Rei's soul inside of it so the 2 could be stiched back together.

Depending on what Gendo knows abouth the dead sea scrolls, theirs also simply no longer a need for eva 00 afther armisael might as wel go out with a bang on easy mode. Tabris represents a whole different sort of thread then other angels aftherall. So having Rei nearby to prevent a unwanted thrid impact could be the better idea then risking her life needlessly.

I think Rei didn't had a backup dummy plug because she didn't want any and Gendo for some reason agreed to that. I think however slim her changes where they where gone when Gendo sended Shinji to "help" (I'm talking pure anime manga is slightly different). I think Gendo let Rei keep unit 00 partially to make her happy. Gendo avoid decomisioning unit 00 even when suggested by SEELE a opportunity he should have jumped on or even proposed himself.

Gendo did seem to like Rei up to a point. To be honest she was his favorite living thing (including himself).

The concept of a dummy plug that is also a soul trap could be cool in concept aswel both iruel,bardiel and armisael where invasive angels if you ignore armisael (he obviously didn't appear before armisael) there was a 2 in 14 change that this angel would also be invasive that's over 14%. It would have been fun to trap the soul of the angel whilst destorying it's body and leaving it in a body without a S2 engine. Let them probe the mind of a angel a bid. A bid of a reverse of what happenend with bardiel

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:32 am

View Original Postglitz2hard wrote:i can't see it but i can't decide if i want to

Look in the lower left foreground. Half-opened right hand, thumb pointing towards the upper left corner, with three more fingers visible.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

glitz2hard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby glitz2hard » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:11 am

View Original PostDerantor wrote:Look in the lower left foreground. Half-opened right hand, thumb pointing towards the upper left corner, with three more fingers visible.

NOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOO
bruh Rei is the best character this is just... aghgh HEART HURT

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”