Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby amitakartok » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 am

What in the world... is that some kind of early MP Eva model or something?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:32 am

DISCUSSION.
ON.
MARK.
GOES.
HERE.

post/896241/Lamp-Festival-with-Anno-drawings/#896241

As stated right in SSD's post. :facepalm:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 am

On an unrelated note, this thread surely could use some more updated information. It hasn't been updated since March.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:53 am

The thread itself is updated constantly. You're talking about the OP, which Joseki updates with content from the thread when he feels like it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:29 am

View Original PostTajai wrote:On an unrelated note, this thread surely could use some more updated information. It hasn't been updated since March.

Sorry, but I'm currently busy in life. I think an update may come this weekend (or not) ^_^

By the way, Anno looks very healty this days

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 am

DSS choker on Asuka.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 am

Good catch!

And BTW, no one seems to have stepped up with a translation yet.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:45 am

The text on top is incomplete, so there's only "'R1' Gelatin Drink, Too" and nothing else. Asuka is saying "Ganbaro" -- keep your chin up, stick with it, etc.

EDIT: DSS Choker tangent moved here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:12 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Asuka is saying "Ganbaro" -- keep your chin up, stick with it, etc.

So, an exhortation to wait patiently but optimistically, I guess.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

Postby Caroline L.S. » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:54 am

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:Image

DSS choker on Asuka.

Hmm cant say that I am surprised. Wille rears its ugly head. I thought something like this will be played on in the final. Just to stick it to Shinji. I can't wait to see the scene where Asuka pulls down the collar of her plugsuit to reveal the DSS choker in an argument. I was getting the Captain Ahab vibes from Misato in 3.33. I guess that she just doesn't stop anything short of that white whale and is willing to go to any lengths. Just like Gendo in a sense. Interesting foil right there. This only begs a question. Just what exactly is Wille?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm

If it wasn't for the replies about the DSS Choker, I might've never actually noticed it when I saw the image last night. I agree that could serve as a huge plot point throughout the film.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:53 pm

Glad to hear that Khara pushes for their employees to take breaks. Seems like they're very flexible with work times, great to hear especially considering the treatment in the rest of the industry.

They've put up a questionnaire on the EVA-EXTRA app by the way, for those who have it downloaded.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:51 am

That's the best news to come out of Kara so far this year.

xolbor
Embryo

Postby xolbor » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:47 am

View Original Postgirlifyoudidnt wrote:

Glad to hear that Khara pushes for their employees to take breaks. Seems like they're very flexible with work times, great to hear especially considering the treatment in the rest of the industry.

They've put up a questionnaire on the EVA-EXTRA app by the way, for those who have it downloaded.

I"d have to say Khara is probably the best studio for young and aspiring animators looking for a stable job in the animation industry. Of course, I could be wrong, since I'm no animator and I have no knowledge on the field but so far Khara have proved themselves to be more rewarding than most of the big anime studios these days.

xolbor
Embryo

Postby xolbor » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:05 am

Today's the day, lads. The first rebuild movie will be reprised in the Japanese NHK channel in about an hour and a half from now. With any luck, we might be able to get a new teaser or even a new trailer before or after the broadcast. Its not being broadcasted in the NHK World Japan, so no luck there. Khara seems insistent on teasing the month of August, as seen from their retweets and posts in both their main account and their secondary account, so, let's hope for the best here.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:28 am

If there's going to be news/trailer/new date (I'm betting yes due to the timing of everything but we'll see) it's going to happen Friday after 3.0 airs.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:If there's going to be news/trailer/new date (I'm betting yes due to the timing of everything but we'll see) it's going to happen Friday after 3.0 airs.

Couldn't it be after 3.0 credits, instead of the 3+1 preview that is more than dated?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

xolbor
Embryo

Postby xolbor » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:If there's going to be news/trailer/new date (I'm betting yes due to the timing of everything but we'll see) it's going to happen Friday after 3.0 airs.

I thought the same thing. If it doesn't happen today, I'm placing all my bets on a 3.0 after credit new preview or announcement. Or we just might get a teaser during a commercial break or whatever.

intermediateO
Lilith

Postby intermediateO » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:26 am

I was most interested in the Eva vs Godzilla Symphony which they broadcast last night, but they literally did it at 2:00 am and I did not want to stay up that late.

I think the timeslot is very important to remember when tempering expectations. The 3 Eva movies are literally being shown between Midnight and 2:00.

I would love to get a new teaser, or just any new info, at the end of 3.0, but my expectations are very low.

When they did that original gimmick of replacing the original preview for 3.0 at the end of the 2.0 broadcast with a new one cut with the Asuka Space Fight, that was done for the "Friday Roadshow" programming block on Nippon TV, which is kind of a national touchstone that airs a movies at 9 pm every Friday.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:39 am

View Original PostMr. M wrote:Couldn't it be after 3.0 credits, instead of the 3+1 preview that is more than dated?

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'm suggesting, but if it isn't clear, yes I think that's entirely possible.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”