Does A Fanmade Supercut of End of Evangelion Exist?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

Does A Fanmade Supercut of End of Evangelion Exist?

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:12 am

As many of you are probably aware, it's been a common theory for years now throughout the fandom that the events of Episode 25 and 26 of the anime take place concurrently with Human Instrumentality in End of Evangelion. It's kind of hard not to draw that conclusion, considering that those episodes straight up show certain shots from the End of Evangelion movie (Misato and Ritsuko shot dead, the broken coffee cup, Asuka inside Unit-02 underwater). I think it would be pretty cool if there was a supercut of End of Evangelion where someone actually spliced Episodes 25 and 26 into the End of Evangelion movie, that way you can watch it all as one thing where the two versions compliment and add to each other. Has anyone ever attempted to do something like that before? The Star Wars fandom has done stuff like that where they would make supercuts of the prequels, so I think it would be cool if there was something similar for the End of Evangelion. I'd love to watch and End of Evangelion supercut. I feel like it would greatly enhance the experience. We could call it something like "The Human Instrumentality Supercut". What point in the End of Evangelion movie would the events of Episode 25 and 26 best fit? Maybe right after Episode 26 ends it cuts to the scene of the giant naked Rei bleeding from her neck as Unit-01 starts to claw its way out of her?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Does A Fanmade Supercut of End of Evangelion Exist?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:50 am

The magic word here is "concurrency". See for example this thread thread/2133/EoTV-EoE-Episodes-Concurrency-Project for discussion.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:30 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The magic word here is "concurrency". See for example this thread thread/2133/EoTV-EoE-Episodes-Concurrency-Project for discussion.

Interesting.... I'll have to check it out. Is it completed yet, or is it still a work in progress?

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:50 pm

View Original PostMelkor wrote:Interesting.... I'll have to check it out. Is it completed yet, or is it still a work in progress?

It's finished and I've just watched it.
[REDACTED] -- staff
If you want to watch in English, download the "tri-audio" version. There was a tiny glitch in the concurrency downloads that include english, which means you need to use a format converter on it, but without actually making any changes to it to repair the file if you want to watch it on anything that's not your computer.
The other problem with the english version is that the text parts aren't captioned in english, so I did that all myself before watching it through.

glitz2hard
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby glitz2hard » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:59 pm

where can you watch this supercut?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Follow the links in the messages just above yours to find hints how to find and download it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Fan Works”