What happens with adam's soul during third impact

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Analyzor
Embryo

Re: What happens with adam's soul during third impact

•      
  •      

Postby Analyzor » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:58 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:A team left Antarctica "with the research" right before Second Impact. Them taking tissue samples directly from the gigantic humanoid being that is right there is much, much simpler than them scraping bits of billions-years-old injuries off the shaft of a spear. They could have collected tissue at leisure, of the best quality, from all around Adam's body. It would make no sense not to do it.

The spear being sent to the Dead Sea and back is an assumption. All we know is that *A* spear is sent to the Dead Sea from Antarctica. The implied significance of the Dead Sea is the Dead Sea Scrolls -- a connection is being made between the two. Since the spears possess the ability to make decisions in contexts pertaining to Seeds of Life and Impacts and such, that means they contain information. They can also respond to the will of the one who wields them, meaning they can receive information from the outside, making it also possible they can send information the opposite way. In other words, there was a spear -- not the one Adam was impaled on, but a different one -- that was located in the Dead Sea area that inspired the mystics who wrote the scrolls.

Adam was logically impaled on Lilith's spear -- episode 24 hints at such a primordial battle, through the power of reenactment -- thus Lilith cast Adam's spear out of the White Moon. We see in episode 22 that the spears possess some kind of mysterious impregnation facility, so Adam's spear would be required at the South Pole in order to make the transgenic experiment possible. Lilith's spear is antagonistic to Adam and freezes her, while Adam's own spear enables the research team to impregnate Adam with normally incompatible DNA.

Yeah, what I meant is that the only thing we know they took from the site was the Spear, and the Spear should have had DNA, so we could confirm they got DNA from Adam at least that way. And post-2I would also be possible after recovering the Spear. We also know they were researching the S² and there must have been DNA too.

After the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls and knowing SEELE is a religious group, they might have build some sort of research base there, otherwise I don't know why sending it there... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okgwEK2Pa-g It's definetly the real Dead Sea and the real Spear since it's said before the 2I.

Can you explain more about the 2 Spears and the battle? where is this things being said in episodes 22/24? what was the fate of the other Spear?
Last edited by Analyzor on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Analyzor
Embryo

Re: What happens with adam's soul during third impact

•      
  •      

Postby Analyzor » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:18 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Consider that if this "spear sent from the Dead Sea" bit of dialogue is not treated as a hint regarding the scrolls, there is absolutely NOTHING in the show at all that even attempts to address the why and how of their existence. So this is actually pretty important. This clue can be put to incredible use to illuminate a mystery that otherwise receives no illumination at all, or it can be wasted on a series of actions that make no sense. Getting in and out of Antarctica is not easy. The White Moon already has an incredibly high-tech research facility right inside it. Seele have complete control over this facility; the leader of Seele, Kiel Lorenz himself, is hanging out there. Anything that Seele needs to accomplish before Second Impact can be accomplished right on the premises. What possible reason could Seele have to send a gigantic, highly classified objects through treacherous polar conditions, all the way to a political garbage fire like the West Bank (I'm sure lots of people there would be real happy about Seele flaunting their discovery of something named after a sacred Biblical object), and then BACK AGAIN? If for some reason they HAD to send the Spear away, the West Bank is one of the worst possible places you could send it. (Why not New Zealand or Australia?) You want to get something like the Spear of Longinus the hell away from a place that's in a state of constant war over Abrahamic religion. As far away as possible. Like, say... Antarctica would be ideal.

I don't get this. The Scrolls are mentioned many times during the show especially as a guide for them, although they don't tell exactly what they are. One can assume the Scrolls tell much more than we know since they can predict things, somehow deciphering some parts or using parts that were hidden away. Anyway, if the "Spear" is a hint about the Scrolls I don't see the importance on that or why they should bring them back there. If it really was the Spear then we can think about 2 options: there is something we aren't catching yet, or there was some rechearch outside the Antarctica. SEELE is a fanatic religious group, that isn't that crazy them to build a research base in a 'sacred land'. I know it makes no sense moving the Spear to another place, but in this case it seems very literal.

How do you know Kiel was hanging out in there? I don't remember such a thing.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”