GUFO

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Enscripture
Embryo

GUFO

•      
  •      

Postby Enscripture » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:43 am

https://imgur.com/y7Smzk9

Tried sharpening it. So it's vaguely round shaped, has a pole on the top and bottom that goes through a + shape, has 4 crosses out of all 4 corners and has an extra piece jutting out at the cross part like Shinji's tesseract, and the white light, despite what I thought that this thing was in front of a light source, the white light is an illuminated ring that spins with the orb and the side crosses.
I thought it was in front of a light and blocking it or something but its a bright ring in front of NOTHING

Blockio
Lilin
Lilin

Re: GUFO

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 am

I can see that you definitely put some thought into it, but I'm afraid you're going to have to provide some more context for us to understand what you are getting at with this
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Enscripture
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Enscripture » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:48 am

I don't know yet, but it can't be a coincidence that the big crosses are shaped like Shinji's tessseract. I was hoping to find a hidden Nerv logo or something :d

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:04 am

They're called Dali crosses; they're related to tesseracts, but it's misleading to call them (or Eva-01's orbital prison) tesseracts themselves.

There was some recent discussion on the GUFO here (linked post and continuing to current end of thread); includes a very useful brightened animated GIF of the thing along with other helpful images.

post/895965/Thrice-Upon-A-Humanity-The-Deep-Lore-of-NTE-WIP/#895965
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Velorex
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:11 pm

"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Blockio
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Not quite, a tesseract is the projection of a four-dimensional cube onto three-dimensional space, much like that cross-shaped thing everyone had to papercraft into a cube in primary school a dozen times is a projection of a three-dimensional cube on a two-dimensional space

Or rather, a tesseract is the four dimensional thing that is beyond human comprehension, the thing we see in the movie is the projection onto 3d space
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”