Shin Eva's Indefinite Delay Support Group

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Shin Eva's Indefinite Delay Support Group

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:24 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:that's one hell of a line to take out of context

Indeed lol.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:37 am

It's something he says after seeing the creators of Me!Me!Me! looking at gravure girls' butts for their research (they apologized before he says that). For some reason they also showed the images on the doc lol, didn't expect that.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:35 pm

I'd pay actual money to see this doc released by Funimation. (Unless they get cold feet about it, a lá Interspecies Reviewers.)

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:35 pm

It’ll probably be around next year for the final film to be released. All this mess happened because of the COVID-19 and it has affected everyone. This is, without a doubt, the worst year in human history.

Guess we’ll just have to bear with it a while longer until this whole thing blows over. And maybe things will get back on track.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

intermediateO
Lilith

Postby intermediateO » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:00 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:This is, without a doubt, the worst year in human history.

I hope you're just purposefully being hyperbolic. I mean. There are clearly way worse times in human history that this doesn't even come close to.

That being said, I can definitely see this year being the worst year of some individuals' lives on a personal level (mostly younger adults).

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:24 pm

View Original PostintermediateO wrote:I hope you're just purposefully being hyperbolic. I mean. There are clearly way worse times in human history that this doesn't even come close to.

That being said, I can definitely see this year being the worst year of some individuals' lives on a personal level (mostly younger adults).

Well, this year had affected a lot of people. I was told there was more deaths than WWII, and in just a few months. Sure, all those deaths were mainly the elderly and other people with some health problems. As for me being “purposely hyperbolic”, no, I’m stating that fact. People had plans for this year, and then shit hits the fan. And this year will be remembered as the worst by many people.

intermediateO
Lilith

Postby intermediateO » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:Well, this year had affected a lot of people. I was told there was more deaths than WWII, and in just a few months. Sure, all those deaths were mainly the elderly and other people with some health problems. As for me being “purposely hyperbolic”, no, I’m stating that fact. People had plans for this year, and then shit hits the fan. And this year will be remembered as the worst by many people.

I'm gonna try and just give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're probably just young, but please just read up a little about WWII. I think you're findings might shock you.

Swerving back to Eva, I won't be surprised if it's pushed to 2021, but I definitely hope it comes sooner. Who knows if theater going will ever even be the same. I think the longer they wait, the more likely it is that they miss a window where alternative forms of distribution could have made them more money than delaying.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:21 am

Unfortunately, there isn't any real objective marker for "worst year ever." There are many qualifiers for "worst year ever," (death toll, war, civil unrest, general un-health, other quality of life inhibitors, etc.) and a global pandemic can certainly count as one of those qualifiers depending on where you live. If you live in the United States, we at least have several of those qualifiers happening simultaneously at differing intensities throughout the country.

Although, if there were objective markers for such a thing, I'd bet the Permian-triassic Extinction had the worst year ever in there somewhere. (Or whichever year the Fall of Man occurred, if you want to take the Ken Ham route.)

I, somehow, am so far not having the worst year ever. (But it is in the Top 5, and I recognize that it is definitely worse for others.)

Anywho, I do wonder how much America's general unhealthy state and civil unrest is effecting the international plans of Japanese businesses. It's been a while since I've tuned into the NHK, so I don't even know how the Japanese are currently faring in this pandemic. But I can imagine that, if America's current state continues into 2021 while the rest of the world heals, we might end up tripping over international release plans for Japanese movies like Shin Eva. I know in a very loose way, the delayed release of Godzilla vs Kong technically means that Toho still can't rev up and make any live-action Godzilla movies yet. But, like I said, I don't know if Japan is in a state where Toho can safely start production back up on anything just yet, so the whole point is kinda rendered moot.

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby ErgoProxy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:23 pm

C.T.1290 wrote:This is, without a doubt, the worst year in human history.

C.T.1290 wrote:I was told there was more deaths than WWII, and in just a few months.

Thanks for pointing out that the Americans firmly believe that the foreigners aren't human beings. Finally someone spilled the beans. :hitthetable:

I was once shown a photo of deformed tree trunks from the 6th century AD, presented as a proof that the three (AFAIR) years of continous darkness recorded in the Byzantine chronicles actually happened for real. It was attributed to volcanic eruptions or some asteroid impact, which fogged the sky. Beat this, man.
JUSTICE & MERCY

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:10 pm

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Thanks for pointing out that the Americans firmly believe that the foreigners aren't human beings. Finally someone spilled the beans. :hitthetable:

I was once shown a photo of deformed tree trunks from the 6th century AD, presented as a proof that the three (AFAIR) years of continous darkness recorded in the Byzantine chronicles actually happened for real. It was attributed to volcanic eruptions or some asteroid impact, which fogged the sky. Beat this, man.

Okay, so the Corona virus outbreak isn’t as terrible as WWII, but it sure did a lot of damage in just a few months. And I can only hope we can come out of that and fix the damage that has been caused. I mean, we came out of WWII and the Great Depression, so we can come out of this one. We are fighters, after all.

Back on Topic, let’s hope that the final film will come out soon so we can see how it ends.

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby ErgoProxy » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Mmm-kay... so who bets for some event on the 3rd of November? Since Director Anno has the reputation to consider. Just to remind, eleven point three seconds was the time remaining after the Ritsuko's team succesfully completed their operation in Paris. :devil:
JUSTICE & MERCY

xolbor
Embryo

Postby xolbor » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:07 am

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Mmm-kay... so who bets for some event on the 3rd of November? Since Director Anno has the reputation to consider. Just to remind, eleven point three seconds was the time remaining after the Ritsuko's team succesfully completed their operation in Paris. :devil:

Really? I've seen Operation 0706 a thousand times now, but I actually never noticed that. If we're that lucky, and if such a coincidence wasn't actually a coincidence, then we might actually get something on November. I could be wrong, though.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:49 am

View Original Postxolbor wrote:If we're that lucky, and if such a coincidence wasn't actually a coincidence, then we might actually get something on November.

There is no way Anno planned to miss the June 27th premiere (for Covid or any other reason), planted a hidden date in the form of remaining seconds left for characters to do stuff in a preview, and then released that preview to the public.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:18 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:There is no way Anno planned to miss the June 27th premiere (for Covid or any other reason), planted a hidden date in the form of remaining seconds left for characters to do stuff in a preview, and then released that preview to the public.

Now that you mention it, it probably wouldn't make sense..
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:47 am

Yeah, whatever the release date ends up being it won't have been cutely revealed in a movie tease before.
Really it has to wait until it's safe.
The science is doing the good work but I still think 2020 is out of the picture.
Japan just announced on Wednesday their highest single-day record of new Covid cases (795) so there's a long way to go.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 am

The countdown in Avant1 revealed the release date of Shin Evangelion, June 27 2020, I wrote it here:
https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/20016/Release-Date-June-27-2020-Delayed/#p891579

As for the next release date, I don't know. I think the best thing is to wait for the end of the pandemic and the vaccine.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:08 pm

I'd be nice if a we were given a non-camrip 1080p quality video of the Avant preview from Khara. Whether it be on Eva's official website or Khara's Youtube channel.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:55 pm

^ That would have kicked all of the ass if they had done that on their film’s original release date.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:10 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'd be nice if a we were given a non-camrip 1080p quality video of the Avant preview from Khara. Whether it be on Eva's official website or Khara's Youtube channel.

And to think I was looking for such thing on YouTube yesterday. Honestly, that would be nice, a HQ, 1080p version of the preview, or even 4k. Something like that could, IMHO, alleviate the impatience/frustration for the movie, if just bit.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Good afternoon, kantoku! (Pretty sure he's smiling....) That brightens my day, and our wait for the finale :heart:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”