Shin Eva Bingo

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
intermediateO
Lilith

Shin Eva Bingo

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:06 pm

Inspired by the Star Wars bingo videos by Jenny Nicholson (VIII, IX).

I thought it might be fun for people to make and share their own bingo cards for Shin Eva. There are plenty of bingo card generators on the net, so feel free to use whichever. I initially tried to find some plaintext bingo skeleton so that anyone could just copy and paste theirs here using it, but I had no luck.

Here's mine. Remember, it's no fun just having things you know are gonna happen, so I tried to get pretty creative with my spaces.

If you wanna just share space ideas or give feedback on space ideas too, that's welcome.

I'm not sure if I'll still be in Japan by the time Shin Eva releases, but if I am, I'll definitely be willing to checks cards and share if anyone got bingo.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Shin Eva Bingo

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:10 am

I'm definitely open to the idea of Shin Eva bingo, but not with that card.
Half of its fields just reek of bad faith and the other half are things that are basically guaranteed to happen
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm

View Original PostBlockio#895192 wrote:I'm definitely open to the idea of Shin Eva bingo, but not with that card.
Half of its fields just reek of bad faith and the other half are things that are basically guaranteed to happen

Well...
View Original PostintermediateO#895179 wrote:Remember, it's no fun just having things you know are gonna happen, so I tried to get pretty creative with my spaces.

... So I'd say I'm happy with how you think it's split. The list is mostly supposed to be fun, but definitely with a snarky edge.

Also, I think it's a testament to 3.0's divisiveness that I genuinely have no idea what spaces are "bad faith" or "guaranteed" in your eyes.

I'd definitely enjoy seeing your bingo card.

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:53 pm

intermediateO wrote:Also, I think it's a testament to 3.0's divisiveness that I genuinely have no idea what spaces are "bad faith" or "guaranteed" in your eyes.

Me neither. The only thing that sticks out to me is "I like the movie" which doesn't even make sense when predicting things in the movie.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:14 pm

Sorry about that initial statement, thate came off a lot more harsh than it was intended.

I had some annoying encounters earlier today and drew some less than ideal conclusions from some of the wording.

In particular "no more purple Mark.04s", "time travel", "Kaji is dead", "Penpen is acknowledged", "Eva 07, 08, 10-12 not shown", "Maya x Ritsuko confirmed" and especially "Mari gets no backstory" were some "predictions" (losing the term very loosely here) thrown around ad nauseum in some of the most toxic corners of the Eva fanbase that I had the displeasure of and bad idea to stick around in, almost all the time being used in the immediate context of "Rebuild sucks amirite", seeing so many of those at once put me in a bit of a "oh not this shit again" mood

As for "basically guaranteed" - "Misato apologizes to Shinji", "army of Rei clones" and "double entry Eva 08" are really the only ones there, was probably seeing ghosts earlier today.

That being said, I'm still not that big of a fan of the card; I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the thing as a whole feels a bit... disjointed. Part of it is closer to the deeplore stuff that Reichu's theory is about, and part of it is the more inconsequential (or rather, less built up to) character interaction stuff; I'd say it would probably be best to split the thing into two, having one focus on the characters and one on the deeplore, so each is more... cohesive as a whole
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 pm

>Shin Eva Bingo
FINALLY

https://bingobaker.com/
Put this pic in the FREE box and delete the text
SPOILER: Show
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:36 pm

I didn't know there was any discourse around the purple Mark 04's.

That space specifically is based off of what we saw in Avant 01. Personally, I really didn't like the Mark 04's they introduced in it, them clashing heavily with the Mark 04's in 3.0. They previously all had matching color schemes and naming conventions. Then, Avant comes along and throws out both the esthetics and uniform names. To me the cherry on top were the drones, which feel just so "2016" to me. It would be like if one of the characters dabbed. I would be like, "Wait? How did dabbing even start in their world? They don't have TikTok in the post-apocalypse, do they?"

Basically, I don't like the Avant Mark 04's, and I hope we get more purple ones or at least an explanation to the sudden discontinuity between the 04's. I'm not holding my breath for it though, and I think it's just as simple as there being an 8 year gap between movies and them changing their direction.

Again, my spaces aren't necessarily based on "wants" and "predictions", just stuff that I think would be fun. (I legit may actually print out my card when I go see it.) Most of the stuff I "think" is gonna happen, don't really make fun squares to me anyways. For example, based on the preview at the end of 3.0 and the leaks for Shin, it's pretty much confirmed that Shinji will be going to a Lilin settlement and meeting up with his old junior high friends, so I rather up it by saying that there's gonna be little Toji babies running around.

Like, I would laugh my butt off if I was watching the moving, Maya and Ritsuko kiss, and then someone shouts behind me, "Bingo!" I was going for that kinda vibe with my card. I was definitely stuggling for some ideas for spaces towards the end though. Looking forward to seeing other people's ideas. I will probably be swapping my spaces out with some of them.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:46 pm

I'm probably gonna make a space for some sort of "The Real Impact Were the Friends We Made Along the Way" messaging.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:08 pm

View Original PostintermediateO wrote:I don't like the Avant Mark 04's (...) I think it's just as simple as there being an 8 year gap between movies and them changing their direction.

"They changed their direction" is a bad faith argument that doesn't even fit with the available evidence. We frankly have no idea how the 04 Series Evas actually work; there is nothing in Q that places any limitations on the forms they can take. They have an implied connection to Eva-04 from the very beginning, but while the Code.4As look nothing like Eva-04 (or like an Eva at all) and need to have "Eva-04" written in big letters on them to suggest the connection, 4444C just flat-out has Eva-04's coloration.

Even before Avant 1 was released, I had conjectured that the Mark-04s originated from 04's pseudo-Impact and that we were meant to draw a parallel between them and the Failures of Infinity, another outcome of a failed Impact and likewise apparently Lilin in origin. Both groups have no heads, a tendency toward fused existence one another, and no Fruit of Life. This conjoined nature can be seen with both 4A and 4C, and Avant 1 takes it to the next step, showing us beings that have more recognizable Eva parts but are still fused biotech terrors. The films didn't change direction -- they're elaborating upon exactly what it is we're dealing with.

On the main topic, here's a bingo board that Velorex made a while back with my suggestions, though I'm sure there's enough weird shit in my head to fill even more. I'll have to meditate upon it.

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:03 pm

I don't know how to feel about any theory involving Unit 01 considering we see in Trailer 2 Wundar flying through Final Impact, likely meaning Unit 01 is still being used as the core to run it. They could use something else as the core, but I've always seen Eva 13 as taking over any role Unit 01 might have had in the latter two movies.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:15 pm

If we're making a new bingo sheet, may i recommend the Excelion march appearing be one of the new squares
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:18 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I don't know how to feel about any theory involving Unit 01 considering we see in Trailer 2 Wundar flying through Final Impact, likely meaning Unit 01 is still being used as the core to run it. They could use something else as the core, but I've always seen Eva 13 as taking over any role Unit 01 might have had in the latter two movies.

All that means is precisely what it says on the tin: Eva-01 is still in the Wunder when FInal Impact starts. It doesn't mean Eva-01 is stuck in there until the film ends.

In the grand scheme of things, Eva-01 and Eva-13 are complements. Both purple horned Evas piloted by Shinji; both pseudo-evolve into Radiant Giant form; Eva-01 obtains Lilith's soul, Eva-13 obtains Lilith's body; Eva-01 contains Yui and Rei; Eva-13 most likely will contain Gendo and Kaworu; the giant "eggs" that 01 and 13 are placed inside have surface patterns that are the inverse of one another; 01 is Alpha and 13 is Omega; etc. Whatever happens in Shin is going to involve them both.

I think a likely sequence of events is: Nerv will use Eva-13 and Nebuchadnezzar's Key to set off Final Impact. Wille will head in on the Wunder to stop it. They will initially attempt to rely upon the Wunder itself along with their two Evas to combat any obstacles in their way. Ultimately Eva-13 will defeat 02 and 08, and Wunder's own firepower will be ineffective. Either Misato's hand is forced and she sends Shinji out in Eva-01 as a measure of last recourse, or things get so bad that Eva-01 is freed from the Wunder anyway and she drags Shinji into the fray. The former feels more dramatically probable to me, since Gendo reveals at the end of Q that he is banking on Misato to act in a predictable manner, and there is no possible way that Gendo's plans will not ultimately involve Eva-01. Thus: Wille will deliver the package on schedule, the alchemical marriage will commence, and the True Evangelion will be born at last.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:50 am

Thought of some new spaces.

Gray Cassius Never Appears
Human v Human Fight Scene (Something more substantial than the Misato and JSSDF shootout. Like, an Asuka/Mari melee fight against some plebs would be bonkers.)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:04 am

Here's a ridiculous list I compiled. (I didn't come up with all of the items on my own. Just... a lot of them... :bigeyes: ) I might be serious about some of these, but if you don't already know which ones then I won't say. :shifty: I split them up into subsections just to be easier on the eyes. I would recommend shuffling them around much more before deploying any for Bingo purposes.

Pt.1  SPOILER: Show
Mk.7 recycles preview Eva-08 design
Eva-13:Mk.09::Mk.06:Mk.07
Both Mk.6 and Eva-01 responsible for 3rd Impact
Mks. 10, 11, and 12 appear
Mks.10~12 are Adams’ Vessels
Rei 6 (“Q”) pilots Eva-13
Fuyutsuki implants Yui’s data in Rei Q
Fuyutsuki has been wearing a mask all along
Magi with Yui’s data
Asuka calls Mari “oneesama”; means it literally
Rei 13 enables defeat of Vessel trio
Misato suicide attacks Eva-13
Caskets on the Moon contained Kaworus
Kaworu(s) were birthed by Mark.06
Kaworu clone body = Eva control system component
Eva-13 subjected to brainwashing tech
Dark reprise of 8th Angel battle involving Wunder and Mks.10~12
First Angel is Adam (singular)
Mk.06 is Lilith’s “Shadow” (clone)
Adam and Lilith once a single being
Quantum magick is everywhere
Pre-Lilin civilization = the Anunnaki
1st Impact was original “Great Flood”
There are Eva-01 copies with Rei heads and they are awful
Homage to Gunbuster shirt-ripping scene

Pt.2  SPOILER: Show
Eva-01 merges with Wunder
Wunder built over corpse of pre-First Impact Angel
Rei clones are quantum entangled with Lilith’s soul
Fuyutsuki betrays Gendo
Gendo uses Nebuchadnezzar’s Key on himself
Gendo sacrifices self to Eva-13
“Nebuchadnezzar” = Misato’s Dad
Eva-13’s eyes get gouged out
Eva-13 crucified on old control system
Asuka takes off the eyepatch
Most FoIs created at First Impact
Shinji, Asuka, and Mari = incarnations of ancient Evas
New beast mode is predatory bird
“Eva Legion” will create Eva version of Diebuster
Earth turns into giant Eva
Eva-01 and Eva-13 merge into True Evangelion
True Evangelion is 7-part god
Kaworu was mostly telling the truth
Kaworu absorbed into Eva-13
Cassius and Longinus merge into Spear of Caduceus
Eva-13’s eyes turn blue
Mk.10 is Eva-01’s Vessel
11th Angel’s LCL splatters the moon
Eva-13 absorbs both Asuka and Mari

Pt.3  SPOILER: Show
11th Angel design evokes flying dragon
Fused “Eva Legion” devours the Moon
Rei Q’s body starts falling apart
Fuyutsuki tells Rei Q she’s just a doll
“Give my regards to Yui-kun”
Original set of Angels existed in ancient times
Films do not take place in 21st century
Misato and Kaworu are related
Misato was experimented on at South Pole
“GUFO” is the egg for a new god
Shinji transformed into third member of True Eva godhead
PLC made six Evas total; three survived to present
Wunder goes to the Moon
Mk.10’s main core is in its head
Yui once again mastermind behind everything
Black Moon is core and entry plug for giant Eva
Misato’s dad finally gets name, face, and voice
Misato and Kaji have a daughter
Toji and Kensuke are a gay couple
Original Magi lost to 12th Angel
Gendo is usurper and not true “king”
Ancient Evas ran around naked like god warriors
Fuyutsuki embraces his inner Gargoyle
Tree of Life / World Tree will finally appear

Pt.4  SPOILER: Show
Seven gods depart into space at end of movie
Wunder restored to “true form”
Shinji reconciles with Gendo this time
Kaji started new watermelon patch
Mk.11 is Eva-06’s Vessel
True Evangelion is 9-part god
Don’t call him Kaji; he goes by Katsuragi now
Wille stronghold surrounded by giant white crosses
Jet Alone 2 squadron
Fuyutsuki flips Seele’s logo
Dead Sea Scrolls were sent into the past by Nerv
Mutated Eva-04 chained up in New HQ and forced to crank out Evas
Mk.10 can fuck with Wunder without hacking it
Shinji’s original self involved in love triangle with Adam and Lilith
Key Wille personnel become the Seele of the new world
Midori is a gamer girl
L Barrier = giant A.T. Field produced by souls trapped in core
Transitional beings such as pilots = “nephilin”
Angels were transformed Katsuragi Research Team members
Soul of Dr. Katsuragi attached to the cross
Eva 8+2 defeated mercilessly by Eva-13
Eva-13’s Gates of Guf defended by three Marks
Eva-01 bursts from Wunder’s engine, episode 16-style
“Overlapping” has been a thing all along
Mari is Shinji’s childhood friend

Pt.5  SPOILER: Show
Pen Pen uses voice synthesizer to speak
LCL is the Elixir of Life; core is the Philosopher’s Stone
Eva-01 and -13 have sex onscreen
Gates of Guf above, Gates of Guf below
Kaworu secretly Shinji’s mom
Mari secretly Kaworu’s mom
Donkey was behind everything
Eva-13 marinated into a core-being at the South Pole
Final Impact will be a giant food reference
The answer was in the beer all along
We will find out who that Vespa belonged to
Asuka’s blue coreshit integral to restoring the world
Message from Anno identifying you by name and saying that he hates you personally
Everybody wearing a high-neck in Q is hiding a DSS choker
Misato tried to pull the moves on Kaworu (since Shinji wasn’t around)
FoIs in main shaft were Nerv and JSSDF people
Yui controls Misato’s actions through Wunder interface
Mk.12 is Adam’s (1st Angel’s) Vessel
Yui was an artificial or augmented being
At least five new versions of Spending Time In Preparation
Shinji asks Misato if he’s a good person; Misato says yes, and she’s very proud of him
Shinji’s soul participated in every Impact (sasuga Impact-kun)
Wunder will “inseminate” the floating pyramid (Nadia ep.38 reference)
Fruit of Life was S2 engine all along
Eva-13 ate Adam’s head at Second Impact
Fuyutsuki wants to restore great Anunnaki Empire
The names Luvah, Tharmas, and Urizen are used in the script
Seele program is in Rei 6's head
Pink-eyed Reis finally show up
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm gonna turn these into actual bingo cards some time in the coming days; this will probably be fun

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:48 pm

You forgot one. :kaos_akuma:
The X on Mark.10's face splits open to reveal that it's actually an eldritch 4-part mouth with the core inside, forming a direct visual resemblance to Gargoyle's "eye on a 4-pointed star" Neo-Atlantis symbol from Nadia.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:39 pm

And another :kaos_akuma: :gendoscheme:
Fuyutsuki's flesh falls off his face to reveal a Seele bird-creature with a face like the 8th Angel, complete with empty glowing eye sockets. Fuyu, without his eyes, is capable of firing optical blasts at interlopers much like the Angels themselves. He's in it for Yui and wants to get rid of Gendo to fulfil his diabolical plans to bring back the ancient civilization of Seele to life.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:51 pm

They're supposed to fit into Bingo board squares, you know! :lol:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:49 pm

Oops, I forgot, but I guess it's because I've only played Bingo like...twice, mebbe? :tongue: I'll probably edit my post to fit that stuff into a set of bingo squares of some sort...

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:23 am

With the recent teaser and the eminent release of the film itself, I'm definitely gonna have to go in and change some spaces.

Some new space ideas since after the teaser:
More than 2 Wunders
Wunder in Space
Eva 07 will be MIA
Rei Q Dies in the 1st Act
Angel Masked Mk. 11 & 12
Asuka Woke Up Way Late

I don't think we'll really be getting anymore plot teases until the film is finally out, so I'd love to see anyone else's cards if they make them.
Last edited by intermediateO on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”