[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: [Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri May 22, 2020 11:42 am

First announce almost two whole years ago!

post/880350/Merch-Evangelion-Figures-Superthread-3/#880350

Volks seems to be taking their sweet time with VLOCKer's but definitely aiming to get in on that character kit market and getting the crossovers to help.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri May 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Oh, lol. Didn't remember that :sweatdrop:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:58 am

There's some new figurines coming out in October
And honestly - they're pretty damn adorable.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:58 am

If this was the original series, they'd have harpy wings... :devil:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:54 am

so i guess i got really lucky. i bough the mafex eva 00...unfortunely its not anywhere near in scale with my robot damashiis.
unliked everyone on youtube, i dont have any paiting problems on the figure, i was already preparing myself to repaint it. the figure does have poor center of gravity, but its not impossible to pose it standing, the legs i dont know if my figure was good or every reviwer is just stupid.

the loose;woobly legs seems to be because of how they are made....the joint that conects to the hip has a lock on when you move the leg up and down, but somewhere in the middle it becomes loose, but in my case it kept the leg in position but if move abrupt it will move down.

about the sculpt...... OMG its PERFECT ! i regret not having bought the other 2 when they were "cheap". RD looks like those disgusting revoltech next to it.

my complaints : center of gravity,the foot joints kinda makes hard to do stand on its own with action pose.the torso conector, its a rubber to hide it, but the rubber is 1 or 2cm too short, so if you move the torso upfront you can see a gap, besides, rubber and figures is never a good option in the long run,
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:08 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:like those disgusting revoltech

You watch yo mouth!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:37 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:You watch yo mouth!

They are so disgusting they should not even be considered action figures and be ASHAMED of the heap of plastic garbage they will leave in the enviroment for years !
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:31 pm

Calm down my dude. Aesthetically, Revos are the best articulated renditions of Evas out there, period; they are the only ones without giant unorganic gaps in the joints. That alone makes the line worthwhile; not to mention the fact that it's the only line that even bothers with most of the designs

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:06 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Calm down my dude. Aesthetically, Revos are the best articulated renditions of Evas out there, period; they are the only ones without giant unorganic gaps in the joints. That alone makes the line worthwhile; not to mention the fact that it's the only line that even bothers with most of the designs

im just messing with him, we had a friendly bickering over RD and revoltech way back when.
what revoltech have you ever held in your hands........they have clear cuts on the joints, like hips calves etc....also the clickety joint is annoying to pose in certain positions.

i have a few revo figures and one eva revo, i know what i speak of, also i dont know if they fixed it, but their painting used to become goop in a few years due to the cover they used.
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Oh lol I see, sorry about that.

I've got most of the Rebuild Revos that aren't from Q and I'm pretty happy with them; they have more than enough articulation for a lot of really dynamic poses, and thanks to the ratcheted joints can hold those poses for a long time

I'm aware of the sticky problem, but that can be fixed with the right chemical, and occurs less if you actually have them out on the air, because that way the solvent that oozes out from the plastic can evaporate insead of forming that layer

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:56 pm

Yeah... Don't worry about us bickering, we've been doing it for years now without any harm done [seals mysterious white powder in envelope].
After all these years he refuses to accept the fact that RD's are the iPhones of action figures... They look nice and all, but...
SPOILER: Show
2/3rds of them are WAAAAY overpriced

Someone at my Youtube videos recommended a type of floor cleaner for removing the goop that forms on Revos...
Might try that one later...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:16 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Yeah... Don't worry about us bickering, we've been doing it for years now without any harm done [seals mysterious white powder in envelope].
After all these years he refuses to accept the fact that RD's are the iPhones of action figures... They look nice and all, but...
SPOILER: Show
2/3rds of them are WAAAAY overpriced

Someone at my Youtube videos recommended a type of floor cleaner for removing the goop that forms on Revos...
Might try that one later...

did you see the rerelease: they are cheaper than revos now

you lost
ANATA BAKA !?

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:38 am

Received my new Robot Damashii unit 01 yesterday. Thing of beauty. Wonderfully sharp sculpt and great articulation, unsurprisingly much more sturdy than the Mafex equivalent and better looking too. Really excellent. A definite improvement over the older RDs, stands a little taller to boot and the base that came with it is pretty natty as well. Can't wait for unit 00 at the end of the month and the gigantic Dynaction version later in the year.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:51 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Received my new Robot Damashii unit 01 yesterday. Thing of beauty. Wonderfully sharp sculpt and great articulation, unsurprisingly much more sturdy than the Mafex equivalent and better looking too. Really excellent. A definite improvement over the older RDs, stands a little taller to boot and the base that came with it is pretty natty as well. Can't wait for unit 00 at the end of the month and the gigantic Dynaction version later in the year.

improved model ? i only noticed the face on pictures.
ANATA BAKA !?

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:34 am

The whole thing is vastly improved. Much sharper and less gappy. It looks better proportioned as well, the head feels better scaled than the original. There is a slight concession with regards to articulation compared to the original but that feels like a fair trade-of given how much better it looks. Goes without saying that it has much better and more robust articulation compared to the Mafex.

Here's a link to Bandai's own article detailing the differences between the new and old versions.

http://tamashiinations.blog.jp/archives/6288316.html

Some side-by-side comparisons:

https://twitter.com/gojimatt91/status/1 ... 57/photo/1

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:02 am

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:The whole thing is vastly improved. Much sharper and less gappy. It looks better proportioned as well, the head feels better scaled than the original. There is a slight concession with regards to articulation compared to the original but that feels like a fair trade-of given how much better it looks. Goes without saying that it has much better and more robust articulation compared to the Mafex.

Here's a link to Bandai's own article detailing the differences between the new and old versions.

http://tamashiinations.blog.jp/archives/6288316.html

Some side-by-side comparisons:

https://twitter.com/gojimatt91/status/1 ... 57/photo/1

oh wow.....now i regrett not buying it...it is much better specially the chest plate, that always pissed me off how small it was,,the eva 00 and 02 it not as noticeable because of the angular block.

unfortunelly with covid i cant order via mail or they will never reach me, and i cant afford fedex right now with the dolar as crazy high as it is...
ANATA BAKA !?

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:13 am

Yeah, getting stuff is b***h right now. Three of my parcels have gone walk-about! I really would recommend the Eva, fortunately I don't think it's going anywhere, being the centre-piece of a whole new line and all. Unit 00 is out the end of next week so looking forward to that. Hope they get round to soliciting unit 02 before to long and if they could do all the Eva's from 3.0 that would be awesome; looking to replace my revoltechs. Hopefully Bandai won't do its usual thing and only produce a few figures before moving on the something else. Ironically, I think 30+10 being delayed might work in my favour, making Bandai make more figures in the interim before the final film is released.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:11 pm

I highly doubt that Bandai will ever release all Evas, expecially since some of them have completely different body types and require an entirely new mold. Bandai is gonna stick to its guns, release the ones they can base off 01 and probably Eva 13, but stuff like 05, the various Mark.04s and TV style isn't gonna happen

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:41 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I highly doubt that Bandai will ever release all Evas, expecially since some of them have completely different body types and require an entirely new mold. Bandai is gonna stick to its guns, release the ones they can base off 01 and probably Eva 13, but stuff like 05, the various Mark.04s and TV style isn't gonna happen

someone didnt saw the prototypes.......bandai ALWAYS make stuff, the problem is they take too long to put into production if its not gundam or dragon ball.
last year they releease Abel sun god from cloth myth.....they had shown its prototype in a fair 7 years ago ! SEVEN !

i wish bandai would produce shfigure arts of the pilots, since figma never bothered to finish the line to include the main character of the show, and its not like kaworu doesnt have its fans so they could had done him as well.
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Trust me, I am very familiar with how Bandai operates when it comes to releasing model kits, I've got some 70 of them on my shelf. Fact is, they like being able to retool their molds for new kits; which so far has worked great for the RG Evas, because most of them are identical save for the chest and head, otherwise we most certainly would not have gotten the 03 that they teased.

That being said - Mark.06 need a completely new armor mold. Unit 05 needs a completely new armor mold, is comically huge and needs an entirely new frame for the limbs. Eva 13 needs an entirely new everything, if it wasn't kind of a big deal, we most certainly would not be getting that, either.
Same applies to the TV Versions; they have completely different proportions, so exactly none of the frame is reusable; I think you can answer the question of how likely it is that we'll be getting those by yourself.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”