Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:07 pm

Attempted to get through the seventh episode of Seed earlier today but once again, the common denominator of the annoyance of all is Flay Allster. While I was elated to see Tolle and Sai reprimanding her for her crude act of revealing Kira was a Coordinator back in Artemis and demanding that she apologize to Kira, just one day without taking a shower isn't going to spoil your "beauty" so calm down bitch cause even Sai is getting tired of that bullshit.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:26 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Attempted to get through the seventh episode of Seed earlier today but once again, the common denominator of the annoyance of all is Flay Allster. While I was elated to see Tolle and Sai reprimanding her for her crude act of revealing Kira was a Coordinator back in Artemis and demanding that she apologize to Kira, just one day without taking a shower isn't going to spoil your "beauty" so calm down bitch cause even Sai is getting tired of that bullshit.

I see you're having much of the same experience as I did with that part of the show.
In three episodes, you'll get a much needed breather from her presence, and in about ten more she'll be mostly sidelined, so look forward to that
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:02 pm

^ Glad to hear that.

In other news, Bellri's seiyuu Mark Ishii has recovered from his illness and will report back to work on his voiceover projects:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... us/.161297
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Oh yeah, those are definitely good news.

But yeah, my time with early Seed was rough to say the least. If not for Flaga, Lacus and two characters you haven't met yet, I'm not sure if I'd have made it through.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm

Gundam Narrative set to be released by Right Stuf on October 6:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... -6/.161374

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Gundam (In All Its Incarnations) Mk. II BP

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:06 am

Oy, it's supposed to have just one arm

If you're going do a homage, do it right.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:25 am

And the head is on!

Really liking this redesign, probably gonna get the inevitable HG of it

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:21 am

So, Build Divers Re:Rise is continuing to be quite something; I was not expecting this whatsoever when I started it, especially in comparison to its abysmal predecessor, but this is shaping up to be one of my favorite Gundam shows all in all, there's just so much heart and hype in it

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm

Oooo, that's cool. And surprisingly not 500 bucks this time around.

Also, neat that it includes both the original and Remaster version

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:03 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Gundam takes a test walk.

Wait. I know where this one is going. 10,000 years from now, after the apocalypse, the remnants of humanity in Japan will be worshiping this thing as their god. It will be overgrown with vegetation and barely recognizable, and sat next to a derelict temple. Then they will be visited by strangers from outside arriving in a similar god, and that new god will need to be destroyed to prevent a great disaster from occurring. The strangers will comply, and destroy their god cleanly. Later on, the wreckage will combine back into the god, and save the people from some sort of attackers.
The worshipers will refer to their people by some really ridiculous name.
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:04 am

Ritual purpose! :tongue:

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Episode 8 of Seed is over with and I despise Flay even more with her talk of not wanting ANY Coordinators near her despite having a somewhat neutral opinion of Kira on the matter. When Kuzzey asked her if she was a Blue Cosmos member, she said no but agreed with some of their ideals regarding Naturals and Coordinators, how despicable is that! BTW Blockio, are the characters you really liked that are yet to show up Andrew Waltfeld and Aisha?

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:30 pm

I see you are having much of the same experience as I had.

Waltfeld is one of them, Aisha I kind of forgot about while writing that since she had so little screentime; the final character you have technically already seen, but haven't gotten a proper introduction to yet

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:56 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I see you are having much of the same experience as I had.

Yes, I am.

Now with episode 9, Flay is now a wannabe terrorist by threatening to kill Lacus which just crosses many ethics for a Natural. Lacus while harmless playing around with Haro and randomly going into song earns her Mother Mary Clyne nickname with her supposed innocence rubbing off impressionable Jesus Yamato. And don't even get me started on Natarle who always came off as a bitch but defying orders by coercing the Coordinators by reminding them Lacus may not be treated fairly if further hostilities ensue... Such is the way of the Earth Alliance!

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:47 pm

The whole "Jesus Yamato" meme is far overplayed in my opinion, especially since it didn't really come into being until Destiny; in Seed proper, I think that nickname is wildly out of place, and since the original ending for the show was planned to have almost every major character killed off and Destiny thereby being most definitely an afterthought, I think when discussing this stuff, it is best to keep these things to the series that coined them

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:23 am

I've been playing a ton of the new Gundam Versus on PS4 recently and I'm surprised at how often I'm seeing Lunamaria online. Is she that much of a waifu?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:32 am

Might be that pink skirt she always wears. :wink: Or maybe because she's voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:52 pm

I recently rewatched the first season of IBO, and I was wondering how popular was the show in Japan. I mean, this was the last regular Gundam series to air, as they are now focus either on prestiege UC titles for theatrical/home distribution or on the "Gundam Build" shows for the kiddies. And the only criticism I can find online is where that one medial watchdog group complained about Mika shooting unarmed people.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Return to “Anime and Manga”