OPPO Ace2 x EVA smartphone Commercial

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Luminous
Embryo

OPPO Ace2 x EVA smartphone Commercial

•      
  •      

Postby Luminous » Fri May 29, 2020 6:01 am

Interesting Chinese commercial for the new EVA-branded smartphone, using 3D-rendered/live action cinematics. Is this footage new, or from some scrapped past project? It sure is impressive.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: OPPO Ace2 x EVA smartphone Commercial

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat May 30, 2020 9:04 pm

This is definitely the first time I'm seeing this, as far as I know this is new

However, it also isn't in a way.
It's for the most part just a mashup of one of the 1.0 trailers in the style of the Another Impact short, and then what looks like unused Another Impact scenes with Unit Null replaced by 01. Either way, looks hellishly cool, looking forward to whatever is to come out of this
Last edited by The Eva Monkey on Sat May 30, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to unauthorized copy of Another Impact.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: OPPO Ace2 x EVA smartphone Commercial

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:03 am

Found a link to an unboxing of the actual phone
It looks pretty I guess, and the UI is kinda neat, but unlike the last one with the full Nerv-themed interface, the collab seems to be only on the surface this time around
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”