[Spoilers] Population of Earth after the Third Impact

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
thejesusnut420
Embryo

[Spoilers] Population of Earth after the Third Impact

•      
  •      

Postby thejesusnut420 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the demographics of the human population of earth after the third impact. I understand how Seele and all the EVA pilots survived because their immortal or not aging or whatever because of the "eva curse" Asuka mentioned but how did everyone else survive such as the crew for the wunder. I would guess that the surface of maybe Asia or Eastern Asia was destroyed by the third impact and everyone there died but would it just be the that area or was it much more than just that and was there still human populations in Europe, North America, etc.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Re: [Spoilers] Population of Earth after the Third Impact

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 am

Broseph, make it up, cause you'll never find out.

For instance, for a fanfic that i have been writing up in my head for 14+ years, had the entire human population of the year 2000 cut by 1/3, so like 4 billion were alive after 2nd Impact but then you know lots bad stuff happened after so the 4 billion went down to 3.5 or 3 billion.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 am

Have you seen the preview? Takes place in Paris, and the place seems pretty messed up as well.
It seems most of the world is covered in "core", which makes it unlivable.
The moon being close enough to earth to share its atmosphere (and rotating that fast) can't be good either.

I think you'll need to wait for the final movie to make any conclusions about the state of the rest of the world.

Wally_Franks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wally_Franks » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 pm

In a recent interview, Anno revealed that humanity's population after Third Impact was around ten million. Shinji's actions in 3.33 reduced that to mere thousands and destroyed what was left of the biosphere, meaning that humanity is now at serious risk of going extinct. All because Shinji decided to screw inaction in direct defiance of his characterization in the original series. Got the info from https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... Evangelion It's the very last folder on the page but you have to scroll down a lot

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:49 pm

TV Tropes is really, really bad about unsourced claims, so without a link to the interview in question, I would take this with less than a grain of salt.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Yeah, I highly highly doubt that is true. There is a ton of stuff on Tvtropes that's just blatant misinformation, with or without malicious intent
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Wally_Franks
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wally_Franks » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:58 pm

That's true but how could Fourth impact effect anyone else if it was just in that one area

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:01 pm

View Original PostWally_Franks wrote:That's true but how could Fourth impact effect anyone else if it was just in that one area

How does this follow from anything that anybody said?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Yeah, that's a complete non sequitur. No idea what point that is meant to make in the context of this debate, you're gonna have to elaborate on that
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”