5 Theory

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
swHK
Embryo

5 Theory

•      
  •      

Postby swHK » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:44 am

My English is pretty bad.
But I really want to share my theory.
I tried my best to write it.

My theory is about sequel and loop.
It may be wrong.
I just want to tell you another possibility.

http://bit.ly/2TjvkeE

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: 5 Theory

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:28 am

Yeah I'm not clicking a bit.ly link that could go literally anywhere
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 pm

This isn't Twitter; you can and should use full URLs. And it's not as if the full URL was much longer anyway, like it would have been for a Google Doc.

https://sites.google.com/view/evagoldenson7
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:47 pm

I can see that you did think this through quite a bit and did try to look deeper than surface level analysis and there is some genuine ingenuety in the idea of the amount of loops being equal to the amount of adamid souls; I respect that.

However, you're basing your theory off of a few wrong assumptions that create larger problems the further the theory goes.

It's a bit late at night right now and omnislashing is bad, so I won't be able to go into every single detail, but I'll touch on the most important bits.

For starters, The terminal dogma giant as you call it - that's Lilith. Even after an untold mess of things went down between 2.0 and 3.0, that being is still called Lilith - if it was another Adam, something in all of that would have happened that would have given it away to at the very least Gendo and Kaworu, and it would have probably been along the lines that the speard used to restrain her would not have worked.

Now the juicy bit - the four Adams and the cryptic things Kaworu says. This will all sound very insane in the short version like that, the full version of it can be found in this monster of a theory

Basically, the four Adams were once a single Adam, until they were forcefully split apart; their bodies became Unit 01, Mark.06, Eva 13 and the key of Nebuchadnezzar
with their souls transferring over to Shinji, Mari, Asuka and Kaworu (both in that exact order, if this theory turns out true that will be important in the final movie)
The things Kaworu is talking about are not in reference to NGE (or the four previous worlds, which is a lot more entertaining than the old "Rebuild comes after NGE because of the bloodstripe and Kaworu saying again" theory ^^), but rather to the time that the four were still one being - Kaworu is projecting his wishes of being reunited onto Shinji, convinced that whatever he wants is what Shinji subconsciously wants as well.

Lastly for now, the things about Mari - the ending of the manga has been confirmed by the mangaka himself to not be canon to the movies, just a bonus chapter he drew for fun. Mari says the things she does, because she (like Asuka and Shinji as well, possibly) was a test tube baby from the Artificial Evolution Laboratory led by Professor Fuyutsuki, a facility specifically designed to plant the souls of the Adamids into a human form. Unlike Shinji whose memory had been erased, she kept hers; that's why she acts so familiar with him on their ostensibly first meeting, why she refers to Gendo as informally as she does, and why she is familiar with Yui.

I hope that cleared out the biggest points - if you have any questions, feel free to ask. You're pretty clever to have come up with these connections even if they were built on a wrong assumption, you'd be a good addition to our ranks
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:48 am

View Original PostBlockio#892580 wrote:Yeah I'm not clicking a bit.ly link that could go literally anywhere

Its legit and good theory as well

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”