Who will die in Final.

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Who will die in Final.

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:55 pm

Yeah, the 9th Angel incident made it pretty clear that Shinji cared about Asuka -- he just couldn't express it in a healthy way given the force of his hatred for his father. And the end of Q brought the two of them back together in a mutual survival situation that starts with Asuka saving him from rotting in his plug until he's coreified or something. The beginning of Shin will involve their relationship changing and growing in some way, I would hope for the better. All so that the story drama can rip out our hearts later, of course.

Mari's importance couldn't be foreshadowed much more obviously. The end of Shin Avant 1 had her channel Kaworu's "I'm going to stare into the distance and think about you fondly, even though you have no idea who I am" moments. Maybe completely unlike Kaworu, Shinji will actually get to learn from Mari in plain words how she already knows him and why he's important to her.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Blockio

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 am

View Original PostReichu wrote: Maybe completely unlike Kaworu, Shinji will actually get to learn from Mari in plain words how she already knows him and why he's important to her.

I'd be down for that. And I will definitely be down for the tons of "told you so"s we can dish out to people who refused to believe that Mari was any more than cheap fanservice
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ Joseki
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 am

Oh, Mari was always integral to the world-building of the new movies. But she’s also the most fun character in the series, and Eva fans who came to see everyone sad again weren’t expecting that, and reacted extremely one way or the other to it. I just don’t think that her death would be a narrative gut-punch enough to mean anything to Shinji.

Asuka already had a near death experience, so making her die in Shin Eva would be like Trinity dying in Matrix Revolutions. Misato hasn’t had that yet in these movies, so I think that her death is more likely.

But, this is assuming that EVERYONE doesn’t die in this movie. If a Full Impact occurs in Shin Eva, I would believe that all bets would be off when it comes to “Who Dies?”

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:55 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:You can really only think this by failing to understand the situation they are in.

14 years are a long time for many things to happen and they wasted any opportunity to actually be prepared for Shinji. That they were seperated from Shinji after N3I and on the run from authorities before they became WILLE, encountered decoys of Shinji with the BMs, being in constant combat with NERV and SEELE and then fuck it up further when they got him, does nothing to care why they aren't to blame. Makes me only think how worse Kats and Rits would be at all if 3.0 didn't happen the way it does.

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:They are simply the bridge bunnies in this iteration of the franchise - why have anything against them (or do you have a similar dislike of the bridge bunnies in NGE)?

The Bridge Bunnies dismiss it too easy that they contributed to how worse it gets. I can see how Mayas actions in Matsushiro are ignored again in FINAL and if it does come up, it means little what she regrets.

Sakura, the same girl who almost died in Shinjis first battle, she shouldn't have met Shinji again in 3.0. Now it's too late for her to fuck off.

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:As I recall, you've made it clear before that you despise the concept of forgiveness... And we don't see that she loves him, either.

If you realise too late how worse you are and others hesitate to punish you, then wanting forgiveness is only a mean to lie what lowlife you are.

I never idealised to ship Asuka with Shinji too much. They both disregarded to care for each other and let the events happen the way they do. I got so used to how worse it gets between them, that seeing them happy with each other in FINAL after what was in 3.0, is only worth to fail for them.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Blockio

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:38 am

Give it a rest, buddy. You're the only one here who's subscribed to this edgelord garbage; beating this dead horse of a debate even further will advance exactly noone.
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ Joseki
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:17 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Give it a rest, buddy. You're the only one here who's subscribed to this edgelord garbage; beating this dead horse of a debate even further will advance exactly noone.

It was rotting for a long time with 3.0 and not dead, the more Eva rotts with FINAL. Watch out then that you don't cut on the hardest edge of your life if you watch it. Then it shows who wasted years in proving who is right. I don't have to be in right to be certain that many will do the same mistake again in a bigger scale.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Blockio

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:55 am

I have zero idea what you're on about

Arcadia's legacy
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:37 am

Same. I'm trying to wrap my head around that comment from multiple angles, and none of them seem to add up
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Mr. M
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:20 pm

Guys please, stop.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

squarealex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby squarealex » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:17 am

I just thinking but...

If the "One More Final: I need You" on EoE is not on the timline of NGE but on the Rebuild...
If the One More Final is the end of 3.0+1.0 ?

Maybe someone have already theorize on this.

Blockio

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 am

...what

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but having the TV end dislodged from its timeline and tacked on a completely seperate timeline makes absolutely no sense

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm

I blame all weird theories and sentence structures I see online on the quarantine finally getting to us.

Blockio

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:05 am

That sounds about right, yeah

Return to “Evangelion 3.0+1.0 [SPOILERS]”