Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

Re: Evangelion ANIMA (general)

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:35 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkovitch wrote:-Please no spoilers here, I'm only on chapter 5 and I'm sure there are others like me who opted to wait for the official translation by Seven Seas-

The reason you waited is actually because nobody else anywhere translated Anima in any appreciable way. Also, as I explained previously (so go back for the full explanation), Vol. 1 as found in the tankouban is not the same thing that appeared in Dengeki all those years back.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:10 am

So I picked up and read the first volume. It was surprisingly OK so far, in the style of "Eva continuation-fic that I might have written, following an Asuka-centric, early SysOp crash, fix-fic", however off the rails it might get later.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

AdamMalkovitch
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:32 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:So I picked up and read the first volume. It was surprisingly OK so far, in the style of "Eva continuation-fic that I might have written, following an Asuka-centric, early SysOp crash, fix-fic", however off the rails it might get later.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it so far. I've really chilled out on this kind of stuff following the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and thinking about Eva itself. I can have my own opinions, I can decide what's canon for me. IMO, the Sequel Trilogy ruins a lot of what the Prequel and Original Trilogies did, so I personally don't see it as canon. Same goes for Eva, and anything else I'm a fan of. I don't mind that Anima isn't being done by Anno, and I'm interested to see how insane it gets. I only just got to
SPOILER: Show
big black boy grabbin Longinus out of the moon
in Seven Seas' Vol.1, and I love this kinda expanded universe shit [likely a product of growing up a Sonic fan, a series which notoriously has like zero continuity in the games and what is there is confusing and inconsistent], so I can't wait to check out Vol.2 when it comes out this February.
I've reached a point where I just generally don't give a fuck anymore. In a good way.

AdamMalkovitch
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:13 pm

Do you guys think we should start a new thread or something specifically for the official Seven Seas translation? It's so far behind the original Japanese, but I'm sure us that waited are overcome with theories and speculation, but since the original is so far ahead, maybe this thread should be for those fully caught up, and us newbies could make a board just for us, as to not clutter this one and run the risk of having a fully caught up member spoil something for us. I mean, nobody really knows Anima even exists outside of this forum, so it's not like I can go on my Discord GC and be all like GUISE HALY SHIT ARMAROS or the like. What do you all think?
I've reached a point where I just generally don't give a fuck anymore. In a good way.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”