What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Re: What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:55 am

Gonna start the new Swamp Thing series as soon as I re watch the old 80s movie adaption. (and maybe it's sequel)

I started 24 S5 a few months ago but fell off it. Hope to finish it before the end of the year. Not a fan of the subplot with Logan's wife.

Over the course of the year me and my mom have been watching random episodes/arcs of The West Wing which she loves.

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I'm watching an episode marathon on the old Law and Order series (the original) from its 9th season (1998-1999). Classic.

^_^

I watched most of the first 2 seasons last year, I need to resume it.

::KL7::
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 pm

I finally caught up on the magicians! I marathoned the last 2 seasons just in time for the season 5 premier. I wish I would've read the books before to prepare me, I wasn't expecting a lot of things to play out the way they did. If anyone has just started watching, season 3's episode a life in the day is a masterpiece on par (in my opinion) with some of my favorite Dr. Who episodes.
I've had to many IPA's.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 pm

The books are very different from the series. The plot points from the first two novels are roughly similar to seasons 1-3, divrging harder as each season goes until they're effectively unrelated.

Frankly, I consider the show a much better excecution of the basic concept than the books. The books are... mopey, for lack of a better word, and the ending that Grossman wrote tries too hard to be literary, as opposed to the Season 4 finale, which was really earned by the cast and scripts. The show also has some amazing moments that flow from a visual medium as opposed to prose.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:40 am

I watched all of Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts' first season in a single sitting yesterday. I'd never heard if it before and it looked like a fun way to kill a few hours. Wasn't disappointed! If you've seen the new She-Ra, you have some idea of what to expect in terms of look and tone. I'd also describe the feel very crudely as "what if Adventure Time and Avatar: TLA had a baby". Looking forward to seeing the story continue!
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

Return to “Film and Video”