Netflix Release General Discussion

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

Re: Netflix Release General Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:31 am

View Original Postwisdom.courage.power wrote:This thread is just making me want to watch the new release even more, just to see what the fuss is about. I'll try to go in with an open mind.

The open mind part is a must. There's a lot to unpack here...much more than all of Shinji's boxes for sure. (You'll probably get that reference once you watch the show.) :lol:
"Eva broke me so hard...I fell in love with it HARDER. Now I think Shinji x Kaworu is the hottest couple in all of Eva...yeah nothing wrong here." -This Boi

(Youtube: Nario, the one with the Ness Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: [λ3]Nyo#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using for anyone who wants contact me outside of the forums.)

~Nyo :3

kuribo-04
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Anyone know what this says in Japanese?

https://twitter.com/PRINCESALDES/status/1216360192075534342?s=19
It's from episode 20.
The Spanish subs say it was an attack by a cult.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:56 am

"This post does not exist."
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:07 am

It did previously; it showed the frame where the Netflix subs say the terrorist attack was by leftwingers. The question is whether the use of that term has any basis. I've seen it discussed, but can't find it in the forum - so maybe in Discord?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "I don't know what it means to be grown-up" (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Blockio
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:53 pm

I do vaguely recall a conversation about this on Discord - I'm not sure tho if it was our Discord
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:27 pm

It came up in the Evangelion part of the Discord on 27th June 2019. There was a quote (from a now-deleted tweet) which said: " I think the word as used in the script refers to a religious sect and is intended to evoke Aum Shinrikyo." Then there was a discussion which seemed to hover round someone saying that in 1995 in Japan the terms "leftist" and "terrorist" were seen as similar, so this translation is culturally appropriate. Then I got bored and stopped reading it, as the consensus appeared to be that it really didn't matter anyway...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "I don't know what it means to be grown-up" (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kuribo-04
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:28 pm

Well that is some info. Thank you for sharing it. :)
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”