Music You Associate With Eva and Eva Characters

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Music You Associate With Eva and Eva Characters

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:06 pm

Pretty much anything by Ill Niño reminds me of Eva and Shinji in particular. Especially the songs "What Comes Around" and "Unreal".
"What kind of drugs do you take?!" - Lisa (The Room)

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:56 pm

I associate the 4 Non Blondes song "What's up?" (yeah, yeah, the He-Man song.) I always think of Shinji in EoE with Third Impact. My favorite part being the part where he "feels all the torment and pain of humanity all at once" (as GoatJesus described it in his Shinji Ikari Character Analysis video.) I don't know how to exactly describe it. :shrug:

Right at the "HEY YEAH! YEAH!" part of the song, I think of Shinji screaming and all the flashing with everyone from the entire series showing up. It's sort of like how fans (from the old comments section of Evangelion Lover's upload of the song, which has since been deleted and reuploaded due to copyright, meaning the comment isn't there anymore) used to mistake "Komm Süsser Tod" as a "happy" song and how it was meant to contrast all the chaos going on around them...of course if you know the lyrics, you'd know just how dark the song ACTUALLY is. :lol:

But yeah, I sort of have that kind of idea in my mind when I hear that song...that or think of the He-Man meme (I mean who DOESN'T think of that at this point. :guffaw: )
"Eva broke me so hard...I fell in love with it HARDER. Now I think Shinji x Kaworu is the hottest couple in all of Eva...yeah nothing wrong here." -This Boi

(Youtube: Nario, the one with the Ness Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: [λ3]Nyo#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using for anyone who wants contact me outside of the forums.)

~Nyo :3

Blockio
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:48 am

Bit different from the rest of this thread, but for some reason, Korn - Get Up (specifically the chorus) I always associate with Unit 04, specifically the NTE version of it/that one pachinko machine clip where it's fighting the sixth
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:53 pm

I still associate it with their D&R string quartet pieces. Violin Partita no 3 for Asuka, Cello Suite no 1 for Shinji. Rei... hmm, I once saw her playing Chopin's Étude no 3 in a fanfic, so why not. Touji and Kaworu have an association with Pachelbel's Canon and Beethoven's Symphony no 9, but those are also used in a very "general" manner.

If we keep with the classical music motif, what could there be for Misato? Something rowdy but with highs and lows? What about Gendo or Kozo?

This is one of my favourite old pieces of analysis: thread/13017/The-Eva-Pilot-Quartet/

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”