Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

The fate of SPOILERS is also the joy of speculation.
Readers enter at their own risk.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Zoop
Lilith

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:38 am

Haven't read all this, so maybe this has been suggested before, but I thought of something the other day, I thought I would share.

Because I would like to see something from the timeskip, the missing eva's and angels, how to cover that fast in the movie (because obviously, if we get to see this, there would be little time for it).

When Shinji fought the third angel in NGE, we don't get see straight away what happened. Shinji seems to have blacked out, but apparantly he won. Misato praising him for it. Only later in the bath when Shinji "remembers" you get to see what happened.

In NTE, they skipped this, you get to see the entire battle in one go. Certainly helps for pacing (since its just a movie), but the buildup in NGE was better, imo. Anyway, what if if this was a deliberate choice so it could be mirrored later?
Like it mirrors his "blackout" when he got speared by Kaworu when he awoke Eva01.

- Last thing he remembered before getting his ass kicked by Sachiel, was pain and suffering.
- Last thing he remembered against Zeruel, was hope and accomplishment in saving Rei.

When he got out, people have things to say about his actions.
- In NGE it was praise, mainly by Misato
- In NTE it was mostly fear and disgust, and a cold shoulder from Misato.

- In NGE he saved the day
- In NTE he (apparantly) fucked the world beyond recognition

Both instances involved reactivating after running out of power.

I'm imagining this, after Rei, Asuka en Shinji's stroll through the red wastelands, they finally get to rest. Shinji is getting in a bath. Asuka could even make the same remark like Misato did, about washing the bad memories away. And thats when we briefly get to see what happened, why the spear was removed, how Eva01 got active again, and the whole mess with the other eva's and angels. Could be shown from Shinji's perspective so we can see the Eva's without explaining who's piloting them.
Last edited by Zoop on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:15 am

View Original Postchee wrote:Pen Pen will fuck.

Pen pen already fucks.

Also, I would like to see Shin Eva ignite discussions/arguments/downright shouting matches over an ambiguous ended. It wouldn’t be an Eva ending without that.

Keratos23
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Keratos23 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:05 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I would like to see Shin Eva ignite discussions/arguments/downright shouting matches over an ambiguous ended. It wouldn’t be an Eva ending without that.

Even though i would love it if it had and ambiguous ending, judging from what the animator "Se Jun Kim" said: "It really feels like it's the end".

Which could mean that by the end, everything is wrapped up and there is no confusion... As weird as that would be for Eva.

Tbh what he said could mean a lot of stuff, but that's what i got when i read it. :uhh:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:10 pm

The end of EoE feels like an end, even though you know there's more to be wrapped up by the characters.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Utsuo Akagi's not yet quite sure what a girl is... (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:20 pm

It's been damn near 13 years, as long as it's an ending to this glorious mess I'll be happy.

Velorex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:22 am

chee wrote:It's been damn near 13 years, as long as it's an ending to this glorious mess I'll be happy.

amen to that brother.

Return to “Evangelion 3.0+1.0 [SPOILERS]”