Will the "good guys" kill Gendo? [split]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Will the good guys kill Gendo? [split]

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Actually, I think Misato missed the Shot on porpouse. She waits too much, and from the look that Ritzuko gives her You can clearly see the "I knew You would never have done it" look.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:23 am

Rewatching that scene, Misato was already in the position even before Ritsuko could warn him about Shinji and Impacts. Her hand is raised straight in the air, fists clenched and her fingers visibly trembling. I believe she had made up her mind on how she won't hesitate in pressing the trigger when if it came to that but when the time came, she just couldn't do it. Besides Asuka said the line "Prioritize the objective over human lives" few times which to me indicates their image to be of anti-heroes.

Anyway like previous user said, there are really no good guys here. Personally it would be much more satisfying to see Gendo's own plan backfire on him and lead to his defeat.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 am

"Good guys" was just something I threw in when hastily making a split topic title. The topic is right there in the first posts -- whether Gendo will get some comeuppance by an opposing party, as in being killed off by Wille or Shinji, not whether it is actually correct to simplify "all parties who oppose Gendo" into "good guys".

Honestly didn't expect it to be something people would fixate on at the expense of the thread's actual contents. My own dread mistake, really; I should know the Internet better by now. I've applied a slight alteration that will hopefully result in less fixation, while accounting for the damage already done to the thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Velorex
Banned

Re: Will the "good guys" kill Gendo? [split]

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Wille is full of people that want to destroy nerv
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Will the "good guys" kill Gendo? [split]

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Here’s what’ll go down:

1. Gendo pilots Unit 13.

2. Weird and mind-blowingly awesome Eva stuff ensues, and I won’t understand exactly what happens until the second viewing.

3. Gendo dies in Unit 13, probably at the hands of Unit 01’s Yui. His “Death Scene” in EoE is re-enacted.

4. Shinji is given an opportunity to live outside of the expectations of his father.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”