Deep deep strangeness in the Second Impact footage scene

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
n2eva
Embryo

Deep deep strangeness in the Second Impact footage scene

•      
  •      

Postby n2eva » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:25 pm

The famous and visionary inventor Nikola Tesla had a great fascination with the numbers 3, 6, and 9. A noted quote of his is, "If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe."

During the first part of the scene where Seele, off camera, is watching and commenting on the closed circuit camera footage/audio, there are some strange things happening with the footage time code at the bottom of screen.

The 3, 6, 9 (or in this case 9, 3, 6) seems to be embedded at interesting points in the hours/minutes/seconds portion:

The absolute beginning, even the first frame, of the footage timecode is 09:31:05. 9, 3, 6 can be extrapolated from 9, 3, and 1+5=6.

At 09:31:11, if listened to very closely, there is very briefly what sounds like a landline telephone number key or button push sound. 09:31:11 could be interpreted as 9, 3, 1+1+1=3. 9,3,3 can very loosely be looked at as yielding 9, 3, and the two 3's added together for 6—or 9, 3, 6 altogether.

At 9:31:20 (9, 3, 1+2=3 or 9,3,3 etc.) there is a footage screen flash, the first of them. Just after this, at 09:31:22, you can hear someone off camera sigh or gasp in awe. This would have to be one of the Seele members reacting to the flash happening at the that time.

At the very end of this portion of the footage, right before it changes to another view, the timecode reads 09:31:55. The next number would obviously be 09:31:56, but it isn't. It changes to 09:31:05 as shown first on this list. It's very quick - maybe even for only one frame. (Note: Please be aware that the volume increases very dramatically in an instant where the footage of the start of the disaster begins.)

It may be that Seele either is manipulating the video or knows of some phenomena involving these numbers. They might have some knowledge of this given that they're entrenched or obsessed with mysticism and metaphysics.

Lastly, in the shot where Adam begins to walk, both of his hands appear on-screen at a tail end timestamp of 10:03. In this version of timecode, this means 10 seconds and 3 frames. In this format, frames go to thirty shown as 00. This means that, chronologically, it went from 9 seconds and 29 frames to 00 (30) frames plus an additional 3 frames. 10:03 is equivalent to 9:33.

This show is so layered that it wouldn't be surprising to find that there is something to this. I wonder if Anno did all this intentionally. He pretty much is a genius and this would prove him to be more so.

Second Impact scene, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okgwEK2Pa-g
"Oh, my god, no. Please! What is that? Don't tell me!"-- Jack Burton
"But if I were you, I'd leave the Doctor alone until after he's eaten breakfast. He's a very crude man."-- Raoul Duke

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”