Do you guys think that Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will bring any kind of merchandising in the U.S.?

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

Do you guys think that Evangelion 3.0+1.0 will bring any kind of merchandising in the U.S.?

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:00 pm

I mean, for the show, movies, and Rebuild movies, there was quite a bit of merchandising (though more in Japan than in America, there was still some around here and there.)

Basically, I'm asking this:

1. Do you think promotional merchandise for the movie will come the U.S.? If so, when? (Personally, I think that when the film gets dubbed or something, they'll release it later to create hype.)

2. What kind of merchandise do you think Evangelion 4.0 will bring to the U.S.?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I've been trying to get my hands on some of the older merchandise for the original shows (though I was in luck by picking up Pen-Pen and Rei Ayanami Plushes in a Too Cool not far from me.) I guess I'm just curious what you guys think. :D
"Eva broke me so hard...I fell in love with it HARDER. Now I think Shinji x Kaworu is the hottest couple in all of Eva...yeah nothing wrong here." -This Boi

(Youtube: Nario, the one with the Ness Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: [λ3]Nyo#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using for anyone who wants contact me outside of the forums.)

~Nyo :3

Blockio
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Do you guys think that Evangelion 4.0 (or 3.0+1.0) will bring any kind of merchandising in the U.S.?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm

There definitely will be merchandising, I'm even willing to say that there will be a ton thereof. In particular there has been a suspicious lack of Eva action figures lately, my guess is that the manufacturers are saving up for the release of the movie (and going hand in hand with that their NDA about the new designs to expire) to release a lot of them when the hype is strongest and the fans have been sort of starved of Eva figures. Especially looking at Revos and Robot Damashiis here - I'm positive that there will be a ton of them once the movie hits theaters
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”