[Game] "Evangelion Battlefields"

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
scenikeight
Embryo

[Game] "Evangelion Battlefields"

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:07 am

Sorry if someone already made a thread on this, I hadn't seen it yet.

A new Eva game was announced at the Tokyo Game Show today. The game is called Evangelion Battlefields (エヴァンゲリオンバトルフィールズ). EDIT: It's a smartphone game, not a console game like I originally thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsnqZZqlN68 (Official video, doesn't have audio ???)

This might not be correct but I THINK it's an online game of some kind (says it's a "network" type game, I think this means online game, but googling the term it used just comes up with the promotional video for the game itself so...thanks...). It's set in the Rebuild universe.

It's also a Skylanders-type game, which means you collect figures and put them on a podium to insert characters into the game.

It looks like the base pack will come with the Unit-01 podium, Shinji, Rei and Mari, although I would be surprised if Asuka and Kaworu aren't also included in it, I can't see either of their figures anywhere yet so they're probably unfinished.

Pictured seems to be, from left to right, Toji, Misato(?), Ritsuko, Mari, (I think this is Rei in her school uniform), Maya.

I'm not sure how everyone feels about it being a Skylanders-type game, but I'm pretty excited to see another Eva game after so long regardless. I hope it gets a Western release.

Edit: Changed the name of the thread since the game has already been released.

-Zusuchan
Last edited by scenikeight on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

Re: [Game] "Evangelion Battlefields" to release in 2020.

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:45 am

Interesting, but I hear it's a mobile game actually. Does look like a 3D rebuild though, so I'll give whoever's developing the game props for that.

Wake me up when we get something EVA-Related from Capcom or Square Enix or somethin'.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

scenikeight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 am

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:Interesting, but I hear it's a mobile game actually.

You're right! I just saw the Minna no Eva Fan article on it, I couldn't find mention of it being a smartphone game in the original posts I saw and assumed it was a console game because of the figure podium thing ^^; I'll edit the OP to fix that.

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:34 am

Mobile and Skylanders? Goddamnit.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:38 am

If this was on console, I'd 103% be playing it and collecting any and all of the figures, but on mobile, I think I'll pass.
Having these figure setups is great on a home console, but way too much of a hassle to do on a mobile device
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

supersonicshion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby supersonicshion » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:34 am

Hope those figures are in scale with Portraits

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:45 pm

So, first wave of figures and 00/01 controller are up for sale on HLJ now.

138.41 bucks total.

Yea no.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:12 pm

I have seen some cutscenes with minor little character interactions on youtube (I've seen some on youtube - like the one where Touji tries to get a moody Shinji to cheer up or the one where Maya tells Rei to take a break once in a while) also there's a new Original character in the vein of Mayumi/Mana/Maria in a nice red and white plugsuit.
Here are some of them

If anyone with the means to do so would compile them all and possibly everything else in the vein of "plot" they would have my eternal gratitude
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri May 01, 2020 8:31 pm

New pilot is Kotone Suzunami (涼波コトネ).
Mark.06-looking lady is Hitomi Amagi (天城ヒトミ).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat May 02, 2020 6:10 pm

Damnit.... I looked up the character Kotone Suzunami and I really liked her design.

... When can I get merchandise of her?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:57 am

In the clips I've seen so far she seems to have a preppy attitude/personality, "Reporting for duty, looking forward to working with you~" which I suppose is sufficiently different from the others to be interesting/complementary, I hope the above dude eventually uploads more of those lil scenes of the chars interacting, especially involving the new ppl.

EDIT: Someone seems to have compiled what her deal is here: https://evangelion.fandom.com/wiki/Kotone_Suzunami
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

[Game] Evangelion Battlefields

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:39 am

All the information I can find on this game are descriptions of its gameplay mechanics, along with some images and brief descriptions of the two new characters introduced. Does anyone have any detailed information? Is it actually set in Rebuild of Evangelion, or does it simply borrow characters (e.g. Mari), designs and names (Asuka is Shikinami rather than Souryuu) from it? Does it have any sort of storyline, or does it simply exist in some sort of vague "limbo"? Do the new characters get explored and given character depth? In particular, what sets Kotone's personality (described as "bubbly", "bright and happy") apart from Mana's?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 am

to the extent of my knowledge, it is just a fighting game like Battle Orchestra and Breaking Dawn before it, essentially taking the established setting and just doing whatever with it.
the wiki article Kendrix posted seems to be the extent of characterization she has gotten

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 am

Typed in Kotone Suzunami in Youtube and got two videos of her chatting to Gendo. Turn on the Youtube Closed Captions and you get translations.

Yep. She's a cutie alright and I like her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvksNAO3uHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhHdBlb7URU

This account is also putting up a lot of clips from the game. All with translations.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBFUw2UPg1plQ-DabqSqucA/videos

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Well, those two videos at least add one thing: She's doing up-close surveillance on the pilots for Gendou for some unknown reason, though she seems to have had a different impression of what she was doing (perhaps believing that Gendou was trying to look out for his son, not knowing that he views them merely as pawns) and at least has enough moral scruples to find it and Gendou's apathy morally questionable. Still does leave her like an ersatz for Mana, only with her affiliation being to Gendou rather than the Japanese government.

Also, I can understand if the staff wants to keep the conversation in a single thread, but can we at least change the title to something that isn't so obviously outdated?

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:30 pm

MarqFJA87 wrote:Also, I can understand if the staff wants to keep the conversation in a single thread, but can we at least change the title to something that isn't so obviously outdated?

Rename thread to The Kotone Suzunami Fanclub?

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Re: [Game] "Evangelion Battlefields"

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Mana is much cuter.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:24 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Mana is much cuter.

And more developed as a character. Kotone's best chance at this point is to get the Mari treatment, i.e. somehow prove popular enough that she feature in doujinshi and a sort of common portrayal emerges from enough of them that is viable for mainstream usage (in Mari's case, being a sexually open-minded free spirit).

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:30 pm

View Original PostMarqFJA87 wrote:And more developed as a character. Kotone's best chance at this point is to get the Mari treatment, i.e. somehow prove popular enough that she feature in doujinshi and a sort of common portrayal emerges from enough of them that is viable for mainstream usage (in Mari's case, being a sexually open-minded free spirit).

Mm.

I'm also a little miffed by how every extracanonical pilot must be a girl and half-Japanese at the least.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:12 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Mm.

I'm also a little miffed by how every extracanonical pilot must be a girl and half-Japanese at the least.

Except for the concepts described in that one artbook.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”