Evangelion-inspired tattoo

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

moneenerd
Embryo

Evangelion-inspired tattoo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Herro. Finally broke down and had a friend tattooist design me a medium sized piece that is heavily inspired by EVANGELION, or to be more precise, SEELE. It's fresh, so it's still chunky and swollen, so the colors aren't that great and the lines don't look as straight as they will in a week's time but I love it so much I had to share it on EvaGeeks. Thanks!

Find me on Facebook: William Tyler

Kazorajia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kazorajia » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Awesome, it's done in a way that doesn't make it obvious it's from an anime but fans will still recognize it. How much was it?

I've always wanted to get the Nerv logo tattooed on me somewhere, but I can never decide if I want to go through with it.
"There are no boundaries or age limits with geeks."
-Anno Hideaki

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Quick note: If you ever plan to go to Japan, don't get a tattoo. They don't allow people with tattoos in bars and hot springs. This is because they don't want the Yakuza starting up crap in their bars and hots springs. But.. by the looks of it, both those things can be one of the great qualities of Japan. Don't have yourself miss out on what could be an experience of a lifetime because of some ink on your skin.

Just warning you.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Quick note: If you ever plan to go to Japan, don't get a tattoo. They don't allow people with tattoos in bars and hot springs. This is because they don't want the Yakuza starting up crap in their bars and hots springs. But.. by the looks of it, both those things can be one of the great qualities of Japan. Don't have yourself miss out on what could be an experience of a lifetime because of some ink on your skin.

Just warning you.

I have tattoos, never had any trouble getting anywhere in Japan (I didn't go to a hotsprings, though). And everyone there assumed I was Japanese right off the bat.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Some gym's in Japan pull your membership if they spot a tattoo,
so it's best to cover them up.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:15 am

What Stryker said is generally true. Not sure about bars, but in most of the public baths and hot springs in Japan I have been to in my years of living there, there are clear signs saying people with tattoos are barred. Of course there is a question of how strictly it is enforced, and I also suspect people with small tattoos can get away easily (who would scrutinize your naked body for tattoos?) but the rule is clearly there. So caution is advised.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Relevant
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

moneenerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:00 am

View Original PostStryker wrote:Quick note: If you ever plan to go to Japan, don't get a tattoo. They don't allow people with tattoos in bars and hot springs. This is because they don't want the Yakuza starting up crap in their bars and hots springs. But.. by the looks of it, both those things can be one of the great qualities of Japan. Don't have yourself miss out on what could be an experience of a lifetime because of some ink on your skin.

Just warning you.

Umm yeah I stayed in Yokohama and Tokyo only a few years ago over a summer. At the time I had 12+ tattoos. I say 12+ because I consider the massive half sleeve on my right arm to account for just 1, but it;s easily bigger than 3 of my medium sized pieces put together. I went in April. It was super hot. I wore mostly tshirts and tanks and shorts (my legs are inked too). Was never denied service at any of the 8 bars or 5 arcades I went to. Went on various water rides at Disney and no one said a word and was not treated any different than my Japanese girlfriend, without tattoos, was. Never went to hot springs or a bath house, but missing out on those didnt exactly kill a life-changing trip.

I also went to many hardcore and metal shows there, and most of the members in these Japanese bands had twice the number of tattoos than I did and were straight edge.

moneenerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 am

View Original PostKazorajia wrote:Awesome, it's done in a way that doesn't make it obvious it's from an anime but fans will still recognize it. How much was it?

I've always wanted to get the Nerv logo tattooed on me somewhere, but I can never decide if I want to go through with it.

Thanks. That's what i was going for.

Surprisingly, it was done by this 18 year old guy (I'm 27) that I know through a friend of a friend. He is from out of town and was doing a guest spot at my favorite parlor which usually costs 150 an hour. But this kid was real nice and since we knew a lot of the same ppl (and I was the only one out of his 15 clients that week who got him to make me a custom piece) he charged me 200 for 3 hours work (though, he was pretty damn slow). He;s also the son for two pastors, so when I showed him the original SEELE crest and explained to him the meaning behind the snake, apple, triangle, and eyes, he loved it. EVANGELION really does bring ppl together haha

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:49 am

Well, that beats the one I got (and the other one being planned) by a country mile. Very nice artwork, sir. :clap:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

moneenerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Well, that beats the one I got (and the other one being planned) by a country mile. Very nice artwork, sir. :clap:

Let's see it/them!

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 am

^ As you wish, then.

SPOILER: Show

Do keep in mind that it wasn't professionally done. Just a friend with a tattooing kit and a stencil I managed to come up with.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

moneenerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby moneenerd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:38 am

Still sweet.

Xacebans
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xacebans » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:51 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:Relevant

I was actually thinking of this omake when I read Stryker's note as well...;)
TehDonutKing: Break out the booze, sixth-graders, and funny hats, for Xacebans became a true EvaGeek, for checking out Eva-01.
Aiko Heiwa: @Xacebans - Oh baby.
AngelNo13Bardiel: ...good news, Reichu! I think we finally found your long-lost sibling!

Melanie10
Embryo

Re: Evangelion-inspired tattoo

•      
  •      

Postby Melanie10 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 am

We are fanatics of Evangelion tattoo, and we have a tattoo studio decorated with all the statues, symbv is right in Japan it is forbidden to enter public bathrooms with tattoos :bigeyes:

Return to “Fan Works”