Fanfic Story Ideas, Mk. II

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:39 am

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:This actually sounds really, really cool. I am curious though, what happened to Misato to make her completely disappear for so long in the first place? I think to really sell your premise and make the story work, you should solidify in some way how exactly your version of the post Ep. 24 play out. Let's say that Misato apparently gets shot and "dies" but maybe doesn't get blown up...Thus, her weird healing factor (I'm assuming something like this is involved due to her exposure at 2nd Impact?) is at play here and then Shinji goes kicks ass during the MPE fight assuming she died...

Then a version of Instrumentality still plays out, then people come back and a new sequence of events happens several years later?

So, this story is about a potential 4th impact then?

Interesting. I like the idea of making Misato the main character and this sort of rouge agent bad ass.

Another thing, Mari and Mana are new pilots, but are there new angels as well?

Also, I like "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Versus"

"Versus" could also be the name of the Resistance...

Interesting ideas. I was thinking something more along the lines of her pulling out a grenade then turning into LCL after sending Shinji off in the elevator. Her abilities triggering before instrumentality sounds interesting. As for what happened for her to disappear, I would probably say that she came back in a different place and just never went back. There probably won't be new angels, rather clones of Angels, but I could consider the former.

In hindsight, I think I will explore Instrumentality, for Misato at least.

I think Versus could work for name of the resistance.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:28 am

View Original Postpwhodges#889980 wrote:The Evangelions were specifically anti-angel weapons. Are they now being used as part of the normal human military? Well, I guess once you ditch the main part of the ending of the series, you are free to choose that kind of thing. Personally I prefer fanfiction that remains true to the canon, but I realise that for many people the opposite is true!

I went into the topic quite a bit for my own material. There, the Evas are originally intended as military weapons for facing down entire armies without the collateral damage of NBC weaponry, but get hastily repurposed for fighting Angels and turn out to be pretty much the only viable option at that job. Of course, the fact that a single Eva's cost is in the eleven-digit range, takes several years to grow (anything faster results in skeletal and muscular deformities ruining the Eva's performance) and requires its own support infrastructure means the military only even considers buying them due to SEELE having a foot in the door - and by the time the actual deal for handing over a unit for initial performance evaluation would've been made, Third Impact flips the table and the Evas suddenly find themselves without a buyer because everyone except NERV decided to use Tridents as a far cheaper alternative (in one-on-one combat, an Eva would scrap a Trident very quickly but is sharply outmatched against an entire wolfpack of them; against an Angel, though, Tridents are worth squat, though not for lack of trying on the part of the generals who'd rather not get NERV involved).

The original military-spec Evas (early 2040s, TV!Eva gear) are horribly outmatched against the Angels. In fact, they'd have trouble against even the canon Evas (as the canon Evas can shrug off everything with their AT-field and return the favor with complete impunity). It's only when NERV starts rolling out Gen2 specs (mid-2040s, Q!Eva gear and increased combat endurance) that they start becoming competitive, Gen3 (late 2050s, sustained flight and specialized anti-Angel weaponry) until they reach parity and Gen4 (late 2060s, "everything in that general direction must die" tier) until they're a major threat to Angels - with the sole exception of Unit-01, of course.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:36 pm

Microsoft_Sam: I came here because I received your PM to check out but your ideas and they sound pretty rad.

:asuka_thumbsup:

Might even read it too (and I don't read much fan fiction unless it's (gay) smut.)

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Microsoft_Sam: I came here because I received your PM to check out but your ideas and they sound pretty rad.

:asuka_thumbsup:

Might even read it too (and I don't read much fan fiction unless it's (gay) smut.)

Why thank you very much. Wondering whether to make it an EvaGeeks exclusive. :D

Any one of my ideas stood out?

And which title sounds better?

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Evangelion Versus. I like the idea of the 25 year time skip since it's more than enough time for Asuka and Shinji to resolve, at least, SOME of their issues/baggage.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Evangelion Versus. I like the idea of the 25 year time skip since it's more than enough time for Asuka and Shinji to resolve, at least, SOME of their issues/baggage.

I might do a prequel at some point showcasing what happened during that time skip. I did it mainly to pay tribute to the fact that EVA celebrates it's 25th birthday in 2020, which is when at the latest I hope to start releasing the story.

Funnily enough, while that whole idea of Shinji and Asuka having a relationship and kids has been done to death, I don't think a Future EVA story has been done quite like this. Yeah, there's still plenty of issues for Shinji and Asuka to deal with, but they did solve enough to have two brats without killing them or each other! XD

In a way I hope to make it similar to Rebuild 3.33, in the sense that the main character, in this case: Misato, is in a completely alien place, yet with familiar faces who have changed drastically and not knowing how to cope. Unlike Shinji in 3.33, she hasn't been frozen for 14 years, much less 25. Yet she still looks largely the same, minus her hair resembling her Q hairstyle, and if I want to, a scar over one of her eyes. As I stated, I intend to do something really different with her as the central focus, and really get into the idea that she gained angel DNA and powers after surviving two impacts and instrumentality. She will also have a bladed weapon of some description, probably a katana as well as an upgraded version of her famous pistol.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:27 pm

So Misato is going to be a certified edgelord/badass? Man, this I gotta read.

:hahaha:

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:20 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:So Misato is going to be a certified edgelord/badass? Man, this I gotta read.

:hahaha:

Yes, that's the size of it.

I didn't lose you right?

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Nope, don't worry. It just makes interesting reading material is all.

^_^

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:11 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Nope, don't worry. It just makes interesting reading material is all.

^_^

Cool! Glad you're looking forward to it! Looking forward to get going!

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:14 pm

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:Cool! Glad you're looking forward to it! Looking forward to get going!

Saw this image today on reddit, reminded me of your ideas and what it is you're looking to do with Misato:

https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/d28v22/_/

I imagine that, somehow, in this context it's post-EoE and Misato somehow manifested back to life with her car and cross neckless (kind of like Asuka with her plug suit + bandages) as part of picturing her own existence and re-constituting herself accordingly.

But, just imagine that part of her "going rouge" in your story involves her newly resurrected car actually being an extension of herself and is somehow now "magical" in that it runs on her own willpower ha ha ha
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:07 pm

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:Saw this image today on reddit, reminded me of your ideas and what it is you're looking to do with Misato:

https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/comments/d28v22/_/

I imagine that, somehow, in this context it's post-EoE and Misato somehow manifested back to life with her car and cross neckless (kind of like Asuka with her plug suit + bandages) as part of picturing her own existence and re-constituting herself accordingly.

But, just imagine that part of her "going rouge" in your story involves her newly resurrected car actually being an extension of herself and is somehow now "magical" in that it runs on her own willpower ha ha ha

Hmm... Interesting thought. The Car thing is so 80's Cartoon Fantasy. XD

Actually, this story was initially going to be inspired by Star Wars The Clone Wars, but then I started having Dat Final Fantasy crack. In other words, this story takes inspiration from Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy XV and the final two Rebuild films. So having some fantasy elements is something I may try and implement in some way. Misato being infected with Angel DNA and getting powers, definitely fits the "Fantasy" bill, while being dropped into a completely different environment after being a hermit for 25 years and feeling isolated definitely fit the tone that 3.0 onwards is going for.

As for going "rogue" well, she is a bit of a wild card in terms of in combat, mission commands and mood. She can be very easily provoked, doesn't mind if soldiers don't follow direct orders so long as they are successful (Which may come back to bite her and Versus later.), and tends to completely annihilate or at least fight people who get in her way and those who try to jump her. In short, if you weren't a fan of Q Misato, you will detest my version. She is a complete edgelord. (Who wouldn't be at 53-54 years of age.)

Also if there are any artists reading this, this is what my Misato looks like in notes (I can't draw):

3.0/3.0+1.0 Hairstyle but without being tied up.

Black T-shirt and Blue Jeans, with black steel cap boots or black sneakers.

Red jacket that goes down to the top of her pelvis. (Somewhere in between her normal jacket and Q jacket in terms of length, and maybe design.)

Wields a Katana and Glock Pistol.

Scar over one of her eyes. (50/50 on this one)

Also, I saw that art. Absolutely adore it. :D

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:00 pm

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:Also, I saw that art. Absolutely adore it. :D

That all sounds really cool. Wish I was a good enough artist to render it...But I also forgot to mention that this image reminds me of the classic cover for Akira.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:27 am

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:That all sounds really cool. Wish I was a good enough artist to render it...But I also forgot to mention that this image reminds me of the classic cover for Akira.

I think it is meant to be a homage to Akira. Another note for the appearance in my story is that Misato doesn't wear her ear rings (Nor the studs), she also doesn't drink alcohol anymore or canned coffee. (If you or anyone else here knows some artists I would love to see her design and some of the other appearance notes for other characters get drawn up.)

And going into other characters:

Shinji is much more confident in himself and strives to be a guiding light and inspiration to the new generation he's protecting, although he doesn't see himself as a leader yet and does tend to focus a bit too much on trying to help other people. Like he was 25 years prior, he doesn't like hurting people and is still afraid of being hurt by others. But he has learnt that sometimes, he has to risk it.

Appearance wise, he looks like an older Shinji would, but with longer hair. I encourage artists to try different designs. One good example (Minus Stubble, he would look terrible with facial hair.)is this:
SPOILER: Show

Asuka is considerably calmer and tries to be a good mother (Succeeding a majority of the time) and like Shinji tries to set a good example, although she can still be very hot-headed and doesn't like accepting help, and her temper is still very present. She doesn't like talking about what happened in her early to mid-childhood, for obvious reasons and Misato's return digs up a lot of issues for Asuka.

Appearance, basically she looks like an adult Asuka, similar or even identical to this:
SPOILER: Show

Shinji should be taller than Asuka and Misato. Misato is slightly taller than Asuka.

Mari is similar to her rebuild counterpart, although since she is actually 14 she is less wise, and much more eccentric and naive. She frequently gets bad grades, has a decent circle of friends and is an extreme extrovert, relishing the opportunity to pilot an EVA Unit.

Mana on the other hand is quite shy and reluctant to do anything related to versus and EVA and doesn't have many friends, choosing to instead focus her time on reading and or studying. She gets good grades and tends to get extremely anxious. Is a day older than Mari.

The two sisters are very compassionate and do their best to be decent human beings. Appearance wise, they are relatively unchanged from their original designs.

One thing that I'm looking at is plugsuit designs. The (Actual) kids will have the classic plugsuit designs. While the adults: Shinji, Asuka, etc will use suits that double as combat armor since there is going to be plenty of ground combat (Pilots on ground) alongside EVA Unit battles.

This got a bit long. I'm sorry. Better to write everything down and get feedback. Also artists, take note of my appearance notes.

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:10 am

lol I love the idea of an adult Shinji who's gone through the Kaji School of Style.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:44 am

View Original PostMirrorUniverseAsuka wrote:lol I love the idea of an adult Shinji who's gone through the Kaji School of Style.

Ooooohohoho! I'm really juggling up with what to do with Kaji for Versus! :devil:

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:51 pm

View Original PostMirrorUniverseAsuka wrote:lol I love the idea of an adult Shinji who's gone through the Kaji School of Style.

I have always loved the interpretation that Kaji is a positive adult version of Shinji, and Asuka for Misato, since their relationships are paralled quite heavily. On the other hand, Gendo is a Shinji that grew up still enthralled in escapism and self-loathing, much like Ritsuko would be a more negative adult version of Asuka, obsessed with her "profession" and living a lie.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:I have always loved the interpretation that Kaji is a positive adult version of Shinji, and Asuka for Misato, since their relationships are paralled quite heavily. On the other hand, Gendo is a Shinji that grew up still enthralled in escapism and self-loathing, much like Ritsuko would be a more negative adult version of Asuka, obsessed with her "profession" and living a lie.

So many theories, so little confirmation. Kaji still has a dark side though and I am thinking I might change his backstory completely. Also we're doing angel worshiping cults now. (Evageeks Discord Server. SHIN VUX came up with that and I went: I'm pinching that.) Not gonna spoil much more than that.

Anyway, I will say one thing that is almost certainly going to be in my story: Kaworu with a beard, and like Shinji, also having slightly longer hair.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Sorry for double posting. Does anyone know how to split threads? Felt like I've taken over this thread and I don't want other people's ideas to get buried under mine.

Will need beta readers to check over what I have written and tell me where I can improve and not make it sound like a bad parody.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 am

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:Sorry for double posting. Does anyone know how to split threads? Felt like I've taken over this thread and I don't want other people's ideas to get buried under mine.

If it's possible, it most likely requires staff intervention, so you should ask one of them directly.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Return to “Fanfiction”