Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:50 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I would like to see Lilith/Giant Naked Rei in NTE animation style. I would like for Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari to appear in this movie. I would like for Shin-chan to open up to the former two and be the ones to take him out of his shell and give him hope.

Well we know thanks to an oversight from Khara that one of those three things will happen. (not saying which one in case you want to keep the surprise)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:54 pm

I hope it's the one that's pivotal to Shin-chan's character development and connection to the REAL, post-Third Impact world.

:ritsuko_mug:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I would like to see Lilith/Giant Naked Rei in NTE animation style.

(Technically counts!)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:44 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Image
(Technically counts!)

Okay, how about a Lilith/Giant Naked Rei that's ALIVE and kickin' and NOT deformed and swollen (or spaghetti/noodle like) body wise, EOE style but in NTE animation (Although I'm not sure if if Instrumentality will require Lilith/Giant Naked Rei or if she will be the catalyst for it and Final Impact. Another thing I'd like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Instrumentality that doesn't require teh Rei. Hoping Final Impact doesn't need her either)

:tongue: :nyao:

C. Smith
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C. Smith » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:08 pm

This would be a bit farfetched but I'd like to see Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart (https://youtu.be/0IV7GapuKnw), or at the very least a Japanese-language cover of it be used for the climax (perhaps get Nana Mizuki to sing it).

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:42 am

I'd like to see old Dr. Katsuragi get his real name mentioned at last, unlikely though that may be...and I hope he's named Akira! :kaos_akuma:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:31 pm

View Original PostC. Smith wrote:This would be a bit farfetched but I'd like to see Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart (https://youtu.be/0IV7GapuKnw), or at the very least a Japanese-language cover of it be used for the climax (perhaps get Nana Mizuki to sing it).

Holding out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler was actually a big number one hit in Japan. I can't go to the 80's bar in Nakano without hearing it at least once! It was the opening to a popular Rugby Drama.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:19 pm

And since the Michiyuki or the travel segment is the concluding section of the four-part Japanese Kishotenketsu narrative structure, which Rebuild seems to follow as much as the Jo-Ha-Kyu (see this old post) for a little more context), I think we'll see Shinji, Asuka and Rei Q traveling the wasteland while singing and chanting in the style of Noh drama! :tongue:

Jokes aside, the travel part of things is already set to happen with what Asuka said - she's going to take Shinji and Rei Q to "where the Lilin can pick them up" and there's been enough material showing them wandering the post-3I wasteland. All of 3.0 + 1.0 isn't going to be a travelogue for obvious reasons, but I'm pretty sure the journey narrative is going to apply to Shinji's story above all else.

Oh, and I'd like to see this conclude with either - (a) Shinji gunning down Gendo (for maximum pathos) or (b) Gendo realizing that he has loved and cared for Shinji all along but ran away from it, and chooses to give up his own existence so that his son can live in a better world. That'd be a far better arc for his character than saying "I'm sorry, Shinji" to the phantom Eva-01 about to bite him in half.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:44 am

Some variation on (b) is far more likely. Fuyutsuki has told us that Gendo will go as far as sacrificing his soul to bring his wish to fruition. We're not told what this wish is, but it's been forecast that he will sacrifice himself to make Eva-13 a counterpart to Eva-01. The likely outcome here is that the two will merge in an "Alchemical Marriage", but what will the result be? For reasons I need to more fully articulate in thread form, I think Gendo et al.'s goal is to break humanity free of the curse of "Original Sin" (whatever exactly that is) which we unfairly inherited from Seele's civilization, and create a purified and unburdened future for younger generations.

(This is something rather topical, given how the curse of past generations' behavior has finally caught up with us in real life, leaving the young and yet-to-be-born burdened with total shit while those responsible get to die ignominiously. Though, there are certainly older folk who would willingly sacrifice themselves to the gods if that were actually capable of undoing the damage.)

P.S. Gendo's heart's desire being "simultaneously become one with Yui AND receive the punishment he feels he deserves by getting brutally devoured by her as an Eva" is totally metal and also kinda hot and also totally Gendo, and I wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe a more explicit version of the same death.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Some variation on (b) is far more likely. Fuyutsuki has told us that Gendo will go as far as sacrificing his soul to bring his wish to fruition. We're not told what this wish is, but it's been forecast that he will sacrifice himself to make Eva-13 a counterpart to Eva-01. The likely outcome here is that the two will merge in an "Alchemical Marriage", but what will the result be? For reasons I need to more fully articulate in thread form, I think Gendo et al.'s goal is to break humanity free of the curse of "Original Sin" (whatever exactly that is) which we unfairly inherited from Seele's civilization, and create a purified and unburdened future for younger generations.

What I still don't get is where does the Key of Nebuchadnezzar tie into all of this? I mean, I get that 2.0 made it the replacement McGuffin fro Adam's embryonic in the ogival NGE, but like what is it and what's the big scheme there with that and overall thing that happened/is happening with the Impacts seen in 3.0 and 3.0 + 1.0?
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 am

This is getting a bit beyond the scope of this particular thread, but this thread (start at the beginning, it has a table of contents) at least addresses the whole "what is the key?" thing. It's generally assumed at this point that Gendo will use the Key on himself before he enters Eva-13; see more here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:18 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:use the Key on himself

Aaaaaaaaaaand my brain went bad places.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:43 am

Facetious stuff mixed in with more serious stuff -

Shinji's eyes turn permanently red and he gets to use eyebeams from his human body

Asuka's eye under her eyepatch works just fine, but it's blue and it can eyebeam people. Asuka eventually upgrades to get four glowing blue eyes and four arms.

Mari and Asuka turn out to share their mom, who we see in the photo of Yui and baby Shinji, making them half-sisters.

Rei turns out to have part of Yui's soul along with a part of Lilith's. Kaworu turns out to be the same - only with a part of Dr. K's soul.

Adult Toji, Kensuke and Hikari appear alive and well and give Shinji a pep talk.

Pen-Pen turns out to be alive too and gets a Keel-style visor. He leads an army of penguins (including a whole lot of his grandkids) and helps defeat Gargoyle-Fuyutsuki.

Fuyutsuki goes full Gargoyle and throws back the conversation he had with Gendo in the spacecraft in 2.0 - "If the human heart is responsible for turning the world into such a hellhole, it is the human heart that must be removed from humanity's future".

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:57 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote: Mari and Asuka turn out to share their mom, who we see in the photo of Yui and baby Shinji, making them half-sisters.

I so want one of them to make a YOUR MUM! comment to the other juuuust before finding that out.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:15 pm

I agree with most of UrsuArctos's ideas. But since this thread is what I want and not what will happen:

Shinji and Misato should reconcile in some fashion. If nothing else I want the two of them to finally have a screaming match over all the mistakes they made in their fucked up horrible relationship from day one. I want to see them both confront the other on all the mistakes they've made and come to an understanding. Neither was right, but they need to address the elephant in the room and move on before it kills them.

Second I want Shinji and Rei to reunite, even if it's only a brief thing at the end.
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:49 pm

I very much like the idea of AAA Wunder being defeated and Misato shockingly, for the rest of the Wunder crew at least, deciding to put Shinji inside Unit-01 for a last desperate attempt at stopping Gendo and Fuyutsuki. A very emotional confrontation with Misato and Shinji will follow, and Ritsuko will then try to stop Misato insubordinating and maybe even shooting and killing her.

Luigi shinji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Luigi shinji » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:42 pm

Well I just think about recently and I think is the best possible way is to end the story is to make the EoTV ending but with actualy budget this time.

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:07 am

Okay, so let's say the Impact Portal is actually a bridge to an alternative timeline, where PenPen took over Wunder from her core and successfuly conducted Instrumentality of his kind. Upon learning the horror, NERV and WILLE could unite their forces to fight The Penguin, with Batman saving the day.

Seriously though, I'd be pleased with more action going in European locations, with the final showdown taking place in the city of mine, for the great justice. I know, chances are minimal, but still.
JUSTICE & MERCY

Akko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Akko » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Honestly if the pilots (minus Rei) turn out to be the Adams who were split apart, I really want to see an Ultimate Adam vs AAA Wunder showdown and the only reason why the former hasn't obliterated the latter yet it's because inside of the head of this giant there's a conflict between the remains of the children's consciousness and memories. What's that conflict exactly gonna be? All I know is that if this means the children will see their pasts and thoughts (when they lived among Lilin) then this is going to have one heck of a mindfuck potential.
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Pen Pen will fuck.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”