Evangelion 2.22 Blu Ray with slip cover

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ja Ayanami
Adam

Evangelion 2.22 Blu Ray with slip cover

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:08 am

Ok. I’ve tried about every retailer on the planet at this point and while they all show they are selling this version. It’s all a lie.

Does anyone know where I can get one or would be willing to sell one on EBay or something? I realize I’m late to the party but I’m trying to upgrade my collection from DVD and it’s frustrating my OCD that I can’t get the equivalent blue ray.

I contacted Funimation but they didn’t even respond. :uhh:
They may forget you if you succeed but who wants to be remembered as a failure

-Me

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Evangelion 2.22 Blu Ray with slip cover

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:49 am

This has been bugging me forever too and I guess the slip cover was a limited time thing which is annoying because...yeah, lack of consistency. *Sigh*
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:26 am

AFAIK the slip cover was limited to the First Press edition.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:51 pm

I might be wrong, but I remember when it was first released that people were annoyed at the slipcover, saying that it was ripping when stickers were being pulled off it.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:06 am

I had an original slip cover for 2.22 before I gave it to a friend as a gift, the second time around it did not come with a slip cover despite the image on Amazon showing it. Honestly though I'm not too bothered by the lack of a slip cover this time around (usually I almost always refuse to buy without one). While the orange peel finish is a nice nod to the Japanese release, it is very cheap and flimsy and flakes/scratches easily, particularly on the side where you'll be seeing it from 99% of the time anyways. The 3.33 cover doesn't fair much better from personal experience as well. The only slip cover FUNimation did away with that I'm mad about is 1.11 because it wasn't just the slip cover it was the case as well and it was a damn nice case but even that was rather flimsy also.

This is all a moot point for me now that I have the Japanese BD copies as well which is what I strongly recommend you do OP, especially if you want the minimalist case.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:39 am

The Funimation slip cases are so fragile that it almost works better to remove the slip covers to display them nicely atop your DVD shelf, while placing the regular cases themselves in the shelf with the rest of your collection. I did that with Nozomi’s Limited Edition Utena Blu-ray Collection simply because there’s so much of it, even though on the whole it’s made out of much sturdier stuff than Funimation’s.

Ja Ayanami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ja Ayanami » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:44 am

Update. I found a not so great copy on EBay and bought it, I am OCD on this type of stuff.

I also received an email from Funimation saying they would send me a slip cover but that was over a month ago and I don’t have it so...
They may forget you if you succeed but who wants to be remembered as a failure

-Me

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”