Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ArvisTaljik
Adam

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The last time Shinji tried to "make things right" without any regard for his own well-being (while also exhibiting the quality sometimes referred to as "balls"), things didn't end too well... Shinji needs to do something different, not repeat the same stuff that got him into this mess.

He was also being deliberately kept in the dark, not provided with vital information, and generally lied to by everyone around him. In his situation, I can't hold him 100% accountable for 4th Impact.

Maybe we'll get a flashback/mind train scene with Kaworu that gives us some more insight/explanation as to what he was trying to achieve in 3.0 that's led us to where Shinji is at in 3.0+1.0, hopefully.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:54 pm

View Original PostArvisTaljik wrote:He was also being deliberately kept in the dark, not provided with vital information, and generally lied to by everyone around him. In his situation, I can't hold him 100% accountable for 4th Impact.

This wasn't a question of "accountability" (something my reply didn't address in any way, if you notice...). It was a question of wishing for the exact same thing you already got in these movies, but expecting the outcome to be somehow different. :p
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:23 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Shinji needs to do something different, not repeat the same stuff that got him into this mess.

Which is exactly what I made him do (with balls, indeed) in my soon-to-become-history version of the ending...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 am

*Just as EoE opened with Shinji masturbating before Souryuu, Final will open with Shinji circumcising himself before Shikinami.
*Gendou or Seele victory. Anyone but Wille.
*Gendou will rebuild the Temple of Jerusalem. That's why it's called Rebuild, and that's why he has the Key of Nebuchadnezzar viz. the key to Babylon, the key Cyrus had- Gendou is Cyrus reborn. (As we see, both Gendou and Kaworu (Tabriz) are IRANIAN. If Misato is still Kaworu's sister, then the leaders of both Nerv and Wille are IRANIAN. Poetic.)
*Kaworu confirmed to be born circumcised.
*Touji, Kensuke, & Hikari piloting Evas for Nerv.
*Shinji will challenge his father, leading to their long-awaited reconciliation.
*Final boss (or hero??) is the hidden Eighth Seele Member: Sedeqetelebab, last pilot of the Antediluvians. She will duel (piloting Eva-13) with Fuyutsuki (piloting Shogouki with all Ikari & Ayanami souls together in the core).
*Full Eva nudity & breeding.
*The Tetragrammaton Himself makes a guest appearance.
*Kitakami & Maya in lingerie together.
*Both Gendou and Shinji will each reiobtain their reispective Ayanami. Onscreen copuleitions.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:18 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*Just as EoE opened with Shinji masturbating before Souryuu, Final will open with Shinji circumcising himself before Shikinami.
*Gendou or Seele victory. Anyone but Wille.
*Gendou will rebuild the Temple of Jerusalem. That's why it's called Rebuild, and that's why he has the Key of Nebuchadnezzar viz. the key to Babylon, the key Cyrus had- Gendou is Cyrus reborn. (As we see, both Gendou and Kaworu (Tabriz) are IRANIAN. If Misato is still Kaworu's sister, then the leaders of both Nerv and Wille are IRANIAN. Poetic.)
*Kaworu confirmed to be born circumcised.
*Touji, Kensuke, & Hikari piloting Evas for Nerv.
*Shinji will challenge his father, leading to their long-awaited reconciliation.
*Final boss (or hero??) is the hidden Eighth Seele Member: Sedeqetelebab, last pilot of the Antediluvians. She will duel (piloting Eva-13) with Fuyutsuki (piloting Shogouki with all Ikari & Ayanami souls together in the core).
*Full Eva nudity & breeding.
*The Tetragrammaton Himself makes a guest appearance.
*Kitakami & Maya in lingerie together.
*Both Gendou and Shinji will each reiobtain their reispective Ayanami. Onscreen copuleitions.

Dude I don't know what you're smoking but you should go easy on the stuff. :cringe:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:01 pm

That's just Lav. It's when he's NOT saying that kind of stuff that we need to be worried.

Well, against my better judgment I've let myself come up with some very elaborate ideas about the next movie over the past couple of months. I wouldn't mind seeing at least some of these come true. (But only some.)

• Wille will have an entire team of Jet Alone 2s equipped for space warfare.
  • Anti-core weaponry will be a thing. (Though for obvious reasons must be used VERY VERY VERY VERY carefully.)
  • Gendo uses the Key of Nebuchadnezzar on himself and then enters Eva-13's core, entrusting the rest of the plan to Fuyutsuki.
  • Fuyutsuki goes rogue this time and unleashes his inner Gargoyle (in a way that remains in-character, of course).
  • Since Eva-13 is Lilith's body now, and also contains that shithead Ikari, Fuyutsuki has it brutally crucified for the lulz. A seven-sided nail hammered into every eye, stuff like that.
  • Evas 10 through 12 are the remaining Adams' Vessels (made from the cores of "Luvah", Lilith, and "Tharmas"), and are Fuyutsuki's squad of badass midbosses.
  • The Vessels are piloted by the three (formerly chibi) pink-eyed Reis. They all die horrible and elaborate deaths to illustrate what fate might have befallen Rei Six ("Q") but ultimately won't.
  • There are human colonies on the Moon, where the survivors from Earth are subsiding through the use of Antediluvian (civilization Seele came from) technology. (They also got there in the first place via AD tech. Arks that had been hidden underground for a hundred thousand years? One of them can be called the L-trium or Blue Noah or something.)
  • Kaji and the grown-up classmates will be here. Misato and Kaji's daughter will be, as well. (She's a good friend of Sakura's and was shown eating ice cream with her in one of the khara calendars.) Kaji is trying to condition lunar soil so that it will grow melons.
  • Since the Moon has an atmosphere, that means... yes! Moon battle... IN A SNOWSTORM!!!
  • During said battle, Mark.12 (Tharmas' Vessel) makes contact with Mari in creepy Torwart fashion ("BECOME ONE WITH ME"); gets destroyed by a JA2 squadron firing anti-core rounds for its troubles, but Mari starts remembering stuff about the deep past which is cool (for us).
  • The giant bloodstains on the Moon are explained as having come from the dismembered remains of the 11th Angel, which was a HUGE motherfucker responsible for the (all things considered, rather gentle) orbital bombardment of the Tokyo-3 area (hence all the craters). It contained the soul of Dr. Katsuragi, who forcibly established contact with Misato, Arael-style; the experience was so harrowing that she no longer wears the cross in his memory. The Angel is taken down gruesomely against the backdrop of the Moon by Mark.06 backed up by a Rei-piloted Mark.07 (a retooled Preview Eva-08). We should get an enigmatic glimpse of the battle just for coolness' sake.
  • Back on Earth, Wille's Evas are forced to split up to tackle the remaining two Vessels. By the time they're done, both are pretty messed up, but that's okay, they just merge together via some kind of magitech nonsense and they're basically good as new!
  • Eva 8+2 engages the impacting 2-souled conglomerate (bodies of three Adams plus Lilith) being Eva-13 in a climactic showdown. Awesome villain monologue by Fuyutsuki right beforehand, where he taunts both pilots about who they really are as if it's common knowledge.
  • An all-new and completely ridiculous in exciting new ways Beast Mode is unveiled! Behold, the Eva-8+2-ceratops!
  • But of course the good guys lose miserably. Right before the end comes, Asuka decides that the recently-revealed tidbit that Eva-13 is her soul's true body might give them a last-ditch chance to stop the impact. She does some weird stuff with the interior drives to force the core to absorb her or something. Then Mari gets to reenact the big moment from Gunbuster episode 6, ripping off 8+2's chest plate (and, of course, rips her own plugsuit open, lovingly animated boobs flopping everywhere), tearing out Eva-02's core and shoving that motherfucker as far into Eva-13's chest as she can.
  • Eva-13's missing eyes get replaced with four all-new ones, glowing neon-blue, indicating that Asuka's occupation has taken. However, getting stuck inside an Eva with Gendo and Kaworu does no favors for her sanity, and even though she is now the dominant soul she also becomes kinda, well... appropriately Eva-ish and no longer reachable. Eva-13 goes full berserk and eats 8+2 (which is out of battery and helpless by now); the party of three becomes a party of four.
  • The loss of the Evas and pilots make it clear that, SIGH, Eva-01 has to be set loose AGAIN (Third Impact style), since whatever it does can't be any worse than what Eva-13 is going to do anyway. Shinji is injected via a special tunnel through the engine, conserved for just this sort of moment; and all restraints are lifted. Shinji provides the necessary "Mother, Ayanami, so you *were* here this whole time!" callback; Eva-01 rips out of the Wunder's weird womb thingy in a glorious bloodbath that would make Leliel blush.
  • Eva-01 and Eva-13's "fight" is a little like the "singing battle" between RahXephon and BelXephon, except actually cool. They roar melodically at each other and this lets them weaponize the sealing glyphs or some shit. They're also both projecting Gates of Guf overhead that are fighting for dominance, which makes for a kick-ass visual.
  • Eventually the Evas come to some sort of mutual understanding which results in their Gates starting to resonate and overlap instead of competing, and they approach each other and get a bit handsy, leading to...
  • Eva-01 and Eva-13 get naked and screw make sweet Eva love on-screen. (This is an absolute must. I'll take a lighter and softer version of it if I have to.)
  • While all that's happening, the thing inside Guf Space, Adam's White Moon (or whatever it's called this time) is breaking through the Gates (making them shatter like glass), and through some form of space-time fuckery it's being OVERLAPPED (geddit?) and merged with the Black Moon.
  • Upon climax, 01 and 13 merge into the True Evangelion, which has seven eyes, seven souls, six arms, four cores, etc.
  • Weird shit happens beyond comprehension and somehow it does not result in a complete asspull reset ending but in something with the right balance of meaningful consequences and "life goes on".
  • Anno says he's done with Eva, then makes another version of it twenty years from now.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:27 pm

(Is contemplating whether or not to create a bingo out of Reichu's ideas to see how many make it into the final film)
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

MirrorUniverseAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby MirrorUniverseAsuka » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:34 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote: Kaji is trying to condition lunar soil so that it will grow melons.

Yes please. Perhaps with another gag about Misato's 'melons'.
Kindness is optional, the evil goatee is mandatory.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:39 am

Since the second part of the film has to consider the resolution of Shinji's personality problems (as required of Eva), all of Lav's and Reichu's ideas have to be fitted into the first half of the film; and the second half will be listening to the sound of Shinji's therapy session accompanied by a completely blank screen.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:38 pm

I would like a bittersweet ending that isn't like EOE and more "upbeat" even if it''s not a "happy one and a Rei Q that fulfills her (or a) character arc and doesn't become a meat puppet. A incantation of Rei that is new and fresh and will not face/suffer the same fate Rei II did as well as a new identity that isn't (solely) tied to her.

Then, per what Reichu suggested almost four years ago, she'll be rechristened as Tsukiko. Tsukiko Ayanami or Tsukiko Kurohime (to compliment Rei Q's black plugsuit).

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:56 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I would like a bittersweet ending that isn't like EOE and more "upbeat" even if it''s not a "happy one and a Rei Q that fulfills her (or a) character arc and doesn't become a meat puppet. A incantation of Rei that is new and fresh and will not face/suffer the same fate Rei II did as well as a new identity that isn't (solely) tied to her.

Then, per what Reichu suggested almost four years ago, she'll be rechristened as Tsukiko. Tsukiko Ayanami or Tsukiko Kurohime (to compliment Rei Q's black plugsuit).

That's actually very similar to something that happened in a dream I had a while back about how 3.0 + 1.0 could potentially end. The dream showed a bittersweet sort of ending, and the more I think about it the more I kind of hope something similar to what happened in my dream happens in the actual movie. I shared it a while back in the Dreams About Evangelion thread, but I guess I could share it here too for anyone who is curious to know what happened in it:

SPOILER: Show
It picks up during what I can only assume is near the end what would be the movie's story. I'll do my best to describe what I can remember and try to piece it together, given that a lot of context is missing. The ending I saw wasn't completely happy or completely tragic, but more along the lines of bittersweet. It starts by showing the end of Final Impact after Shinji has rejected Human Instrumentality, and he's inside some sort of giant red core thing filled with a swirling vortex of souls, and it's floating in the sky beneath the Gates of Guf. Unit 01 and Unit 13 are there as well, floating at opposite sides of the core thing, so I assume they played some part in initiating Final Impact. The core thing is being pulled into the Gates of Guf along with all the Failures of Infinity that were created during Third Impact, and seeing as there's no way for him to get out of the core, Shinji simply resigns himself to his fate of being pulled along with them, satisfied that he at least saved the world by stopping Human Instrumentality.

Asuka then shows up and dives into the core with her EVA in an attempt to save Shinji and pull him out, the whole scenario exactly mirroring what Shinji did at the end of 2.0 to save Rei and pull her out of Zeruel. As she's diving deeper and deeper into the core, Asuka's EVA is ripped apart and destroyed, leaving her to continue on in human form, and as this happens the contamination from Bardiel begins to spread all over her body. Asuka fights through the pain, determined to rescue Shinji, and one of the souls in the vortex she sees is that of Gendo (I guess the vortex contains the souls of the deceased, so I guess Gendo died), and she tells Gendo "You're the whole reason he ended up like this in the first place!", referring to Gendo's treatment of Shinji being what led him to become the person that he was. She eventually manages to make her way to Shinji, whose body is completely white and is just sitting there, much like Rei was inside Zeruel, and she reaches her hand out to him and says "Take my hand idiot!" Surprised to see Asuka there, Shinji grabs her hand and she pulls him out of the core with her, Asuka hugging him the same way Shinji hugged Rei after he pulled her out of Zeruel. After exiting the core, the leftover bits of Bardiel inside Asuka are destroyed, causing massive injuries to her body, and she lands in a pool of LCL on the ground below with Shinji.

As the Gates of Guf are closing, the soul of Rei II takes over as the dominant soul of Unit 01 and ejects Yui from it, after which Unit 01, controlled by the soul of Rei II, and Unit 13, controlled by the soul of Kaworu, are sent into space. Yui, now back in her human body, lands in the pool of LCL below, and as this is happening Rei and Kaworu's voices speak to her, telling her she should return to the ones who love her most rather than continuing to live in a false reality. According to Rei and Kaworu, what Yui did by placing her soul inside Unit 01 was no different than what Shinji did when he caused Near Third Impact by trying to save Rei, their selfish actions hurting the people closest to them and leading to all the grief and suffering that followed. Yui realizes her sin and decides to forget about whatever plan she had for the EVAs, ready to instead just go back to being with those who care about her.

In the next scene Shinji wakes up and finds himself in a hospital room, where he is greeted by Rei Q and Mari, and remembering what happened he asks them where Asuka is. They lead him to another room in the hospital, where Asuka is in critical condition. The damage Asuka's body sustained is severe, and now she is slowly dying. Nothing can save her now, and hearing this Shinji rushes over to her side, distraught and asking her why she went to such lengths to save him if she knew this would happen to her. Shinji apologizes to her repeatedly, saying that it's all his fault why she ended up like this and that she should have just left him, because now it's like he's killed her a second time. Asuka then reaches out towards Shinji and puts her hand on his face in a gentle manner (much like she did after Shinji tried to strangle her on the beach in End of Evangelion) and says "You can't even figure that out? You really are an idiot Shinji." smiling at him as she says this. She tells Shinji that it was her choice to do it, and, and that she doesn't regret it and would do it again if she had to. In her final moments Asuka's usual tsundere personality fades away and she shows a much kinder and softer side to Shinji. As she is dying Asuka asks Shinji to stay by her side, and he does, holding her hand until she finally succumbs to her injuries.

After this Shinji finds himself outside in the courtyard of the hospital by himself, where he remembers Kaworu's final words to him, feeling the same pain after Asuka's death that he felt after Kaworu's. Shinji now finally realizes how stupid and selfish he has really been, and that there were people who cared about him all along, one of them even going so far as to risk their life in the same way he did for Rei just to save him, but now she's dead. Shinji then breaks down into tears and starts crying, resenting the fact that he is only now realizing this when it's already too late. Seeing Shinji on his knees just bawling his eyes out like that was so heartbreaking to watch. Off in the distance, Yui, who is wearing a hospital gown and standing on one of the balconies, recognizes Shinji (at this point Shinji does not know she is back yet), and she walks down to the hospital courtyard to see him.

What follows is a really beautiful and heartfelt moment where Yui just quietly approaches Shinji hugs him. Thinking that it's Rei Q at first, the look on Shinji's face turns to one of pure shock when looks up and he sees that it's his mother Yui hugging him, not sure if what he is seeing is real or if it's a dream. Shinji must have been feeling so many different conflicting emotions in that moment. It sucks that Asuka died, and right as she and Shinji were finally opening up to each other and realizing how much the other meant to them, but at least on the plus side Shinji is now reunited with his mother. Everything then cuts to black, and all you can hear is Yui saying what she said to Shinji in End of Evangelion: "Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy. As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right."

It then cuts to the next scene and some text appears that says "six years later" and it shows Shinji and Rei Q, who are now both older (both looking to be about 18-20), sitting in the back of a car being driven by Yui. Humanity has started to rebuild after the events of Final Impact, and things have seemingly begun to return to the way they were before. Yui and Shinji have since reconnected with each other, and Rei Q has been living with them, Yui having adopted her as a second child. Shinji now views Rei Q as his sister and Rei Q views Shinji as her brother, and the two have formed a strong sibling bond with each other. Rei Q in turn refers to Yui as "mother" and calls herself Rei Ikari, reflecting the fact that she has become a part of their family. This Rei has begun to develop a unique personality of her own, one distinct from that of the original Rei II, though she still seems a bit socially awkward. Rei also still has Shinji's SDAT, and apparently she has developed a taste for heavy metal music, which I found both odd and hilarious at the same time. Yui then stops the cars at some college campus and Shinji and Rei both get out a few suitcases they have packed, this being their first day of college. Yui tells them that she knows their teacher personally and that they will be alright, and she kisses them both goodbye before leaving.

After Yui leaves, presumably to go to work (wherever that might be now) Shinji and Rei head to their first class of the day and sit down. They are joined by Mari, who sits down next to them and appears to have aged a few years just like they have (I guess the Curse of the Eva was lifted after Final Impact, which is why Shinji, Rei, and Mari are all able to age now) and instead of her usual pigtails she now has her hair down all the way. Shinji and Mari seem to be really good friends, having stayed in contact with each other after the events of Final Impact, and they begin discussing the various nerdy things they're interested in. Next, the teacher finally walks in, and it's revealed to be Fuyutsuki, so I guess he survived the events of Final Impact and has gone back to teaching. I wonder who else survived, since there seems to be no sign of Misato or Ritsuko or any of the other Nerv staff who were a part of Willie. Perhaps teaching the next generation is Fuyutsuki's way of redeeming himself? Fuyutsuki then sees Shinji, Rei, and Mari sitting there together in the classroom, and he's immediately reminded of the time he first saw Yui in his classroom. He smiles and thinks to himself "it seems the end and the beginning really are one and the same". Hopefully this means things will turn out differently for Shinji, Rei, and Mari than they did for Gendo and Yui, and Fuyutsuki won't have to witness history repeat itself.

After this there's a quick montage of some random slice of life stuff that happens in their lives during college. In one shot Shinji is seen visiting Asuka's grave and leaving flowers, in another he and Mari are at some karaoke place singing together on stage, in another Rei seems to have made friends with a group of eccentric girls at the college and shows them a pile of love letters she has received from various boys at the college, feeling flustered and not sure what to do. Next there's a scene of Yui and Rei bonding together while gardening, and Shinji shows up with Mari. Shinji appears to be blushing, which might be a sign that he and Mari have started dating and is nervous about introducing her to Yui. The final shot then pans away to space, showing Unit 01 and Unit 13 in orbit around the Earth, and above Unit 01 is a ghostly representation of Rei II, while above Unit 13 is a ghostly representation of Kaworu (they're not literally there, but metaphorically), and that's where the dream ended. It was pretty cool getting to see how Shinji's life turned out. Shinji has suffered so much, and I'm glad he was able to be happy again and live normal life after reuniting with his mother. I guess the main underlying message behind this ending is that despite what may happen "life will go on." In a weird way, that alternate slice of life future Shinji saw in Episode 26 sort of came true, but in an unexpected way, and Asuka dying really made the whole thing bittersweet. I actually wouldn't mind reading a slice of life manga about Shinji's life after the Rebuilds, just as long as it doesn't do something stupid like making it so that nobody remembers anything about Human Instrumentality or the EVAs like the ending of the manga did, because that would pretty much invalidate all the lessons they learned.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:

[*]Kaji and the grown-up classmates will be here. Misato and Kaji's daughter will be, as well. (She's a good friend of Sakura's and was shown eating ice cream with her in one of the khara calendars.)

Kaji and Misato have a daughter? Is this canon?
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:23 pm

This is a reference to this picture:

But the usual suggestion of the other character's identity is (as far as I know) entirely fanciful.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:30 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:This is a reference to this picture:

But the usual suggestion of the other character's identity is (as far as I know) entirely fanciful.

I see. Yeah, I could see her being Misato + Kaji's daughter. And leave it to Reichu to decide on it being continued Katsuragi lineage. Did Reichu "know" the name? Whatever she calls her (just like with Akira) I'll pretty much treat as "cannon."
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:45 am

Yeah, it's an entirely fanciful guess. All in good fun, though. Part of me does find it awfully strange that there is this random purple-haired girl (who is wearing her hair and glasses kind of like college-age Misato...) in an official illustration with Sakura, and who could easily be young enough to have been conceived shortly after Near Third Impact. Like, what's the deal with that? The illustrator (Tadashi Hiramatsu, aka the UYCTM guy) could himself just be fanwanking a scenario he wants to see but has no direct input in -- in which case, good for him!

One way the daughter might have happened: Following Eva-01's little incident, Misato was being held in custody along with most of the other Nerv crew. Kaji and his ragtag bunch of misfits (Mari, Takao, whoever else) are able to pull a reverse EoE, and leak Seele's true intentions to the Japanese government and the JSSDF. Misato and the others are freed, and the ex-Nerv staff join forces with the government, the JSSDF, and Kaji's group, resulting in the official birth of Wille! So impressed is Misato by her old beau's mischief-making that, at first opportunity after being released, she jumps him and rides him bareback. Whoops! Well, that's okay. Kaji doesn't have his garden anymore, so he'll just raise the kid instead. :tongue:

I might have come up with a name for her at some point, but it must not have been anything interesting, since I can't remember it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:02 am

For a friend of Sakura 桜 (actually written サクラ in this instance, I believe) I would suggest Ume 梅 (this suggestion is not at all because I have a grand daughter with that name!).

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:52 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:One way the daughter might have happened: Following Eva-01's little incident, Misato was being held in custody along with most of the other Nerv crew. Kaji and his ragtag bunch of misfits (Mari, Takao, whoever else) are able to pull a reverse EoE, and leak Seele's true intentions to the Japanese government and the JSSDF. Misato and the others are freed, and the ex-Nerv staff join forces with the government, the JSSDF, and Kaji's group, resulting in the official birth of Wille! So impressed is Misato by her old beau's mischief-making that, at first opportunity after being released, she jumps him and rides him bareback. Whoops! Well, that's okay. Kaji doesn't have his garden anymore, so he'll just raise the kid instead. :tongue:

I might have come up with a name for her at some point, but it must not have been anything interesting, since I can't remember it.

I like this scenario quite a but and have in my head cannon now. Even if she never appears in the Rebuilds, Kaji and Misato have a daughter now in my mind. Only question is, when or where in the hell would she and Skaura be in a context to be all cutesy have time get ice cream amidst everything else happening during the 14 year gap? LOLOLOL
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:54 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:For a friend of Sakura 桜 (actually written サクラ in this instance, I believe) I would suggest Ume 梅 (this suggestion is not at all because I have a grand daughter with that name!).

Ume it is then. Ume Kaji-Katsuragi, daughter of Ryoji Kaji and Misato Katsurgai. Granddaughter of Dr. Akira Katusiragi. ^_^
FROM EVANGELION:

NOT FROM EVANGELION:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:08 pm

View Original PostSawItAtAge10 wrote:I like this scenario quite a but and have in my head cannon now. Even if she never appears in the Rebuilds, Kaji and Misato have a daughter now in my mind. Only question is, when or where in the hell would she and Skaura be in a context to be all cutesy have time get ice cream amidst everything else happening during the 14 year gap? LOLOLOL

Or maybe that image is a tragic what if of how things would be had N3I and 3I never happened? (and that SEELE and Gendo got kicked on the teeth) :devil:
Or maybe there are still cities sparred coreification (or for which it was reversed) with enough resources to have cafeterias that serve pancakes. :tongue:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:45 pm

I would like to see Lilith/Giant Naked Rei in NTE animation style. I would like for Toji, Kensuke, and Hikari to appear in this movie. I would like for Shin-chan to open up to the former two and be the ones to take him out of his shell and give him hope.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”