Neon genesis evangelion lore

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Houss
Embryo

Neon genesis evangelion lore

•      
  •      

Postby Houss » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:03 am

Hi everyone

For the past week i've been watching neon genesis evangelion ( original anime ) and I'm really enjoying it, but there are some stuff that I don't understand like the s2 engine which is mentioned but never explained ( I'm not sure ) and because of that i searched for answers on EvaGeeks ( awesome site by the way, I've never seen a community as dedicated to an anime ) and i noticed that there are elements of the lore that are never mentioned like the first ancestral race and i wanted to know where did these pieces of lore come from ? Or were those elements mentioned in the anime that I didn't notice because of my own stupidity ?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Neon genesis evangelion lore

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:01 am

There is a secondary source of more-or-less canon information, the "Classified Information" in the game Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.
Read here.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:26 am

The lore comes from the game in general -- for examples, see the various endings plus the Rei and Kaworu's scenarios for which I've shared translations. The CI have the reputation of being the "lore source" but it's an oversimplification. I assume it's mostly because it's a game feature specifically designed to be a collection of info files, so it attracts more attention than the surrounding game context which confers additional, often necessary, information. Once upon a time, it was easy to find a transcription of the CI in Japanese; but when the rest of the 'secrets' are buried inside a massive game script, you're on your own...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Houss
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Houss » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks !

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”