Alternative Take on the Adams and other popular aspects of Rebuild (Undergoing cleanup 27/07/2019)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ollow
Embryo

Alternative Take on the Adams and other popular aspects of Rebuild (Undergoing cleanup 27/07/2019)

•      
  •      

Postby Ollow » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:51 pm

UNDERGOING CLEANUP
Sorry if it's a mess at the moment but I'm working on it as this has been moved to its own thread recently.

---

So hey, before I go back to posting more about Kaworu I figured it'd be better to address this post that I couldn't do in that thread first. I actually did spend a week re-watching Rebuild multiple times and going through articles online, including the ones in Japanese about various Eva topics, so I hope this is enough to keep up with the years of speculation behind this impressive undertaking. Seriously, kudos to you Reichu. There's a lot going on here and I can only imagine the work it took to put it all here.

Table of Contents
Part 1: Are the Adams in any of the Evas or in the Key of Nebuchadnezzar?
-- Mark 06
-- Unit 01
-- Eva 13
-- Key of Nebuchadnezzar
Part 2: If not, then where or what are the Adams?
-- What the Adams are
-- The Past
-- The Future
-- "Adams Survivor" and "Adams Vessel"
-- Where the Adams are
Part 3: It's a cycle, not a loop!
(will be updated)

---

Part 1: Are the Adams in any of the Evas or in the Key of Nebuchadnezzar?
A response to the ideas in The Four Adams are Eva-01, Mark.06, Eva-13, and the Key of Nebuchadnezzar and the Identities of the Adams.

Mark 06

Rather than an Adams, I believe Mark 06 is made out of the original Adam's body.

1. The base body is incredibly similar to that of Lilith. They're both also masked in a similar fashion.
  2. The base for its body was found on the moon. In the old TV series, it was said that Lilith is of the black moon while Adam is of the white moon. It's not a stretch to say that the moon could actually be the white moon of Adam.
  3. This Adam was only dug out in the years after the Second Impact when the Adams appeared. To corroborate this, the red streak on the moon would have been on top of the dirt already covering Adam, assuming the streak is from the Second Impact as in the rejected storyboard.

quick reference to rejected storyboard excerpt  SPOILER: Show
A giant spear is being transported to Antarctica.
A giant face covering the sky.
Four radiant giants with haloes above their backs and heads. Tails of light are extending from ?one back to another?.
The radiant giants extend vast wings.

The continent of Antarctica is turning into a red sea.
Something resembling a giant cruciform Tree of Life stands towering over the explosion center, remaining on a tilt.
The ocean surface is being stained red.
A girl beholds all this. The only human left alive at the impact center. It's a younger Misato.
A cross pendant, now a memento of her father, is in her hand.

Kaji (voice only): It was 15 years ago. An investigation of an object called Adam, discovered in Antarctica. Her father was in charge of it. Second Impact happened during the investigation. She was 14 at the time, same as you.

南極に巨大な槍が運ばれている。
天を覆う巨大な顔。
背中と頭上に光の輪を持つ四体の光の巨人。お互いの背中から光の尾が伸びている。
巨大な翼をひろげる光の巨人たち。

赤い海へと変わっていく南極大陸。
爆心地に傾いたままそびえ立つ巨大な十字型の生命の樹らしき物体。
赤い色が海面を染めていく。
を、見つめる少女。爆心地でのただ一人の生き残った人間。少女時代のミサ卜である。
手に父親の形見となった十字のベンダント。

加持の声「15年前に行われた、南極で発見されたアダムと呼ばれる物体の調査。彼女の父親はその指揮を執っていた。その調査中にセカンドインパクトは起こった。君と同じ14才の時だ」

Unit 01

It's already been commented on that Mark 06 was made differently from the other Evas on earth:

2.22 wrote:00:20:32,560 The construction methods being used on the Mark 06 differ from the others.
00:20:35,980 Getting to ascertain that is enough.
00:20:38,650 But there weren't supposed to be any plans for construction beyond Unit-05.

Implying that Eva-01 is a pretty standard model barring the integration of Yui in its core.

Another fact to back up the idea that Eva 01 would not have had an Adams body can be inferred from SEELE's attitude towards it and the other old units.

2.22 wrote:00:56:37,470 If you would approve the additional supplementary budget to repair Unit-00...
00:56:41,600 The prototype's function is beginning to grow obsolete.
00:56:44,850 Surely, you have no need of it.
00:56:46,190 Indeed. There are other matters that should be given priority.
00:56:50,030 The true Evangelion that we desire...
00:56:53,240 With its birth and the resurrection of Lilith the time of the covenant will be upon us.
00:56:58,240 The necessary rites must be performed by then.
00:57:02,120 For the sake of the Human Instrumentality Project.
00:57:05,130 I am aware of this.
00:57:07,090 All will go according to Seele's plan.
00:57:12,840 The true Evangelion.
00:57:15,930 To serve as its forerunners until its completion...
00:57:18,640 That's basically the job of all the current units, including Unit-01.

The importance SEELE placed on units 0 to 5 seem to only extend to their ability to defeat the Angels and as vehicles to carry out experiments. (Though not quite relevant to this conversation, SEELE seems to hold the same view for their pilots). Therefore its likely that they wouldn't have used an Adams/Adam body on units that did not have any relevance for them.

Core Status & IPEA Logo

Rather than possessing two cores, I see the one at the top being symbolic of the pilot's cockpit (thus a small sphere surrounded by casing), while the second one is the Eva's core. Also while the 3 eyes do resembles those of one of the Adams, it's possibly a coincidence or a visual nod.

Blood Type
While it's an acceptable assumption for A to refer to Adams rather than Angels, there are also other possibilities present.

For example, the blue **A' designation being different from blue 04 could mean that the blood type shows it as being artificial Angel-like blood synthesized by NERV/SEELE.

Mysterious Silhouette

This is a very mysterious piece of scenery indeed, but its highly unlikely that this has anything to do with finding an Adams body on the beach 14 years ago. For one thing, why would SEELE or Nerv want to leave clear evidence of such a find behind in a highly inconspicuous manner? The damage in this scenery is also very suspect. Note the hole like area where the buildings are protruding just above the outline. It's not the result of natural catastrophe to say the least.

If it wasn't for the fact the first 'Angel attack' is only just happening during that point in time, I would have assumed it was from an Angel attack but this is from before the 4th Angel even reached their shores. Also, Eva testing would be done under controlled conditions, so I doubt this was the result of an Eva test. I do have my own theory about this, but I won't elaborate on it for now.

Eva 13

Not much to say here except that I'd like to reiterate the alternative meanings of certain terminology present in the Identities of the Adams wiki page because I think they're worth considering.

The main connection between Adams and Eva 13 is what Mari called it when it awakened, "Adams' Survivor/アダムスの生き残り". While 'an Adams that survived' is probably the more mainstream interpretation, I believe it's also possible for it to mean 'someone/something that survived the Adams'.

There's also the awakening phase, 'pseudo evolution/false deification/疑似シン化' which is said to exceed that of Unit 01's. The definition the article's author went with was that the Evas 'not evolving into a new form, but returning to an old one' but 疑似 according to the Japanese dictionary is more along the lines of 'almost indistinguishable from the original, or that it may be considered the original', basically the deification/evolution the Evas undergo transform them into something godlike that's incredibly identical, or even on par, to a god.

goo.ne.jp dictionary wrote:https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/51668/meaning/m1u/%E7%96%91%E4%BC%BC/

1 本物によく似ていてまぎらわしいこと。また、そのもの。

2 そっくりまねをすること。

Note that I'm using this Japanese dictionary because the Japanese-English page does not provide the exact meaning, only a few English word equivalents that fit a limited amount of contexts.

Key of Nebuchadnezzar

The only thing relating this key to Adam or the Adams is it's similar presentation with the Adam embryo from the original television series. Apart from that, I believe this key is fundamentally different. But first, here's what Kaji and Gendo had to say about it:

2.22 wrote:00:13:47,740 {Kaji} The lost number that had been stored for safekeeping as the spare./The lost number that was being kept as a spare.
00:13:52,830 {Kaji} The waymark that will entwine God and soul./ The guidepost to unify souls unto god. / The guidepost that will link the spirit with the divine. / 神と魂を繋ぐ導くですね*
00:13:56,710 {Gendo} Yes.
00:13:57,830 {Gendo} It will open the door to Human Instrumentality.
00:14:00,960 {Gendo} The Key of Nebuchadnezzar.

*alternative translations and original Japanese text provided for context.

"The lost number that was being kept as a spare."

The wiki page used the idea of the Adams' Survivor to explain why it's a "Lost Number", but I believe there's another possible explanation for this part.

There are mainly two things in Rebuild that are meticulously numbered: the Eva units and the Angels.

Click on thumbnail to see a much bigger image.

In the bottom left corner of the key's orange container is a sticker that lists the key's Catalog number (blacked out), Specimen's Name (apparently written in a simplified version of the symbols on the Angel-sealing hex pillars), and a barcode for indexing/storage purposes.

The 'Specimen's Name' is of note in particular because it means that this key is the subject of research. Evas are built then monitored rather than studied at such a biological level, so the chance of this being an unnumbered Angel is incredibly likely.

Then there's the part about being "kept as a spare". Note that according to my assumptions about Mark 06 above, Adam the First Angel's body is used to create an Eva for SEELE's Human Instrumentality plan. It is possible that this key is another backup Angel that SEELE can use should Mark 06 fail somehow.

This also suggests that this unnumbered Angel has some properties similar to Adam without being a clone of it. Yet another tenuous relation between this key and Adam/Angels can be made through the design of the key and the usage of the Fruit of Knowledge and the Fruit of Life terminology in the rebuild movies:

included into spoilers to control post length  SPOILER: Show
1.11 wrote:00:06:20,270 Just for your information, that thing was a mysterious life form we call an "Angel."
00:06:29,740 The 4th Angel...
00:06:31,610 It possesses an astounding regenerative capacity.
00:06:34,520 Complete by itself, it is a nearly-perfect living creature.
00:06:37,900 Of course it can regenerate.
00:06:39,060 Because Angels partook of the Fruit of Life, you mean?
00:06:42,190 Yes. They exist to exterminate us... we, who partook of the Fruit of Wisdom*.

*alternative translation of the Fruit of Life

3.33 wrote:00:51:21 {Kaworu} Old life is offered in sacrifice,
00:51:23 {Kaworu} so that new beings blessed with the Fruit of Life may be created.

01:16:33 {Gendo} Though you have all changed the form of your souls,
01:16:37 {Gendo} you are still creatures blessed with the Fruit of Knowledge.

Now as seen in the last quote above, when Gendo was turning off SEELE's monoliths in 3.33 he addressed them as beings who are blessed with the Fruit of Knowledge. Their powered down monoliths feature the prominent picture of a brain.

And in the other quotes, we see that the Angels and those headless red Unit 01 who failed to reach Infinity are associated with the Fruit of Life.

So basically,
Angels (excluding Lilith) = Fruit of Life = body
Lilim = Fruit of Knowledge = brain

So now the design of the key becomes important when you consider that it's in the shape of a nervous system without a brain, giving it a closer link to the Angels.

Connections to Blake

As for the circular designs on key and the connections to Blake, I'm afraid I can't really relate to this or how it ties in with the key being an Adams body.

I only see 3 loops (the others are shadows) instead of the 4 claimed by the wiki article. These may be an allusion to Infinity (if you exclude the top bit) or maybe even the concept of the Holy Trinity, but I think I'll have to excuse myself on further topics of which the Zoas concept is the cornerstone.

Last edited by Ollow on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ollow
Embryo

Re: Adams, Children, and the Nature of the Cycle

•      
  •      

Postby Ollow » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:56 am

Previous post: Part 1: Are the Adams in any of the Evas or in the Key of Nebuchadnezzar?

version 0.1

version changes  SPOILER: Show
0.1 - 26/JUL/2019 : Currently a barebones version because I really wanted to push this out asap so it's lacking in content and may contain errors in regards to logic or information because I'm so tired.

What the Adams are

In the previous post, I considered the options offered by Reichu about the whereabouts of the Adams but haven't found any that I felt had a strong link to Adams except for Eva 13. In fact, do the Adams have all that much to do with Adam at all?

I eventually came to the conclusion a few days ago that maybe...

...The Adams are the First Ancestral Race

Before we proceed, a refresher from the semi-canonical Classified Information found in the NGE2 game as to what they are:
The entities thought to have created the Angels. The specifics of their intention are unclear.
-
They were the first extraterrestrial intelligence. The humanoid species, referred to as the First Ancestral Race, started to spread Seeds of Life throughout the Milky Way Galaxy. As of yet, we do not know their motives or for what they were aiming.

It is becoming evident that multiple Seeds were disseminated. Eventually, by force of sheer bad luck, two accidentally landed on the same planet: Adam of the White Moon, and Lilith of the Black Moon.
-
Within a carrier known as a "Moon", the First Ancestral Race fabricated a perfect cavity (also referred to as a "Moon"), at which point the Seed, or "Progenitor Entity", would be placed inside and sent out into space. That was their technology, and, from the perspective of Angels, humans, and others, they might be called gods.

(First Ancetral Race will be abbreviated as F.A.R from now on. )

I personally think it explains quite a few things in Rebuild and will talk about just a few obvious changes.

The Past

Second Impact

First of all, let's see what happens if we inserted the F.A.R into Rebuild's Second Impact scenario. Rather than an experiment with Adam that produced Kaworu being the trigger for the Second Impact, we get:

The Katsuragi team went to Antartica 15 years ago thinking they've found Adam. But what they found instead was a way to contact the creators of Adam and Lilith, the F.A.R.

Maybe they mistook the F.A.R for Adam at first, so rather than figure out a new name, they just added a plural to Adam, thus "Adams".

Probably because of some experiment, or perhaps even a ridiculous wish, the F.A.R manifested which resulted in their giants of light forms, wings, and the Door of Guf opening. For some mysterious reason related to their appearance, they leave behind 4 spears of Longinus. More might have happened during this time such as possibly leaving behind the Dead Sea Scrolls Apocrypha, but basically the Second Impact happnened.

I've noticed that this somewhat clashes with the contents of the rejected storyboard excerpt, such as only one Adam and one spear being found in Antartica, but it is a rejected storyboard after all. There's already a lot of major differences compared with the sparse version that was used in Rebuild, such as the presence of 4 spears, the lack of a giant tree, Misato's dad being included etc.

rejected storyboard excerpt for quick ref  SPOILER: Show
A giant spear is being transported to Antarctica.
A giant face covering the sky.
Four radiant giants with haloes above their backs and heads. Tails of light are extending from ?one back to another?.
The radiant giants extend vast wings.

The continent of Antarctica is turning into a red sea.
Something resembling a giant cruciform Tree of Life stands towering over the explosion center, remaining on a tilt.
The ocean surface is being stained red.
A girl beholds all this. The only human left alive at the impact center. It's a younger Misato.
A cross pendant, now a memento of her father, is in her hand.

Kaji (voice only): It was 15 years ago. An investigation of an object called Adam, discovered in Antarctica. Her father was in charge of it. Second Impact happened during the investigation. She was 14 at the time, same as you.

南極に巨大な槍が運ばれている。
天を覆う巨大な顔。
背中と頭上に光の輪を持つ四体の光の巨人。お互いの背中から光の尾が伸びている。
巨大な翼をひろげる光の巨人たち。

赤い海へと変わっていく南極大陸。
爆心地に傾いたままそびえ立つ巨大な十字型の生命の樹らしき物体。
赤い色が海面を染めていく。
を、見つめる少女。爆心地でのただ一人の生き残った人間。少女時代のミサ卜である。
手に父親の形見となった十字のベンダント。

加持の声「15年前に行われた、南極で発見されたアダムと呼ばれる物体の調査。彼女の父親はその指揮を執っていた。その調査中にセカンドインパクトは起こった。君と同じ14才の時だ」

But the important thing is that replacing the Adams with the F.A.R didn't break anything. Rather it helps some other parts of Rebuild make a little more sense.

Adam, Cassius, and Kaworu

In Part 1, I made the assumption that Mark 06's base body belongs to Adam. WIth Adam being a seperate being from the Adams, there wouldn't be any discrepencies with the fact that he was found and excavated on the moon/carrier that carried him to Earth after the Second Impact.

Even the fact that there's a gigantic spear on the moon can also be explained by way of it being the one that kept Adam in stasis the whole time, rather than sending a huge object like that into space with the technology people had before 3.33. The identity of the spear is undoubtably Cassius as it was the spear that Mark 06 had with it to stop Unit 01. This also keeps things consistent in relation to the old lore of there being only one spear to shut down Adam while Lilith was free to propogate the earth. After F.A.R produced 4 new Longinus spears, one of those had been used to pin Lilith to the cross structure, which is why Cassius isn't used there.

It's unknown where the other Longinus spears are kept, but it's likely that Gendo knows since Kaworu seemed to accuse him for there being 2 Longinus spears in the corpse of Lilith. There must also be some difference in their functions because two different spears will produce a result different from two similar spears.

3.33 wrote:01:10:34 {Kaworu} Cassius and Longinus. Both of the Spears are needed.
01:10:39 {Kaworu} But the only two Spears that are here are the same...

Adam having always been on the moon is probably why Kaworu wakes up on the moon as well. SEELE could have taken advantage of Gendo's clone and soul extraction technology that he used to create Rei with Lilith's soul, which resulted in an incident free Kaworu creation on the moon. This means Kaowru likely doesn't have his 'birthdate' on the same day as Second Impact anymore.

Strangely enough, the name of the First Angel was never stated in any of the Rebuild movies so far. Perhaps because they found the 'Adams' before they found the one on the moon, 'Adam' could even have a different name now... It's probably 'Tabris' but I'll keep using 'Adam' since that's the term we're more familliar with.

The Future

Gendo and Misato's endgame

In 3.33, both Misato/Ritsuko and Gendo talk about killing gods.

3.33 wrote:00:14:27 {Misato} We'll use this ship as bait and draw the targets out.
00:14:30 {Misato} The power to kill gods... I'll see what it can do.

00:24:15 {Ritsuko} So this is the power to kill gods.
00:24:17 {Ritsuko} Wunder. Truly the ship of hope.

01:17:12 {Gendo} The long desired Human Instrumentality Project,
01:17:15 {Gendo} and the inevitable deicide, will be completed by me.

Ignoring what could have happened to their souls for the moment, both Lilith and Adam are, for all intents and purposes, dead. They seemed to have been killed at the same time during the Third Impact, after Mark 06 with Adam's body as a base fused with the body of Lilith somehow and have apparently been speared through together. Even their corpses are completely gone after Adam's was potentially either devoured by the 12th Angel or degraded to nothing by itself during the Impact or the past 14 years, while Lilith's burst into fake blood after the spears were removed.

And yet both Misato and Gendo have been continuing to prepare to commit deicide for 14 years after the fact.

But then again, neither Adam nor Lilith are gods. They're Angels. That can only mean that Gendo and Misato must be targetting their creators, who are none other than the Adams aka the F.A.R who must have had some effect on their lives somehow or else they wouldn't be so certain about their goals.

While it's still unclear why Misato is also aiming for the kill, SEELE's reason to create a god apart from achieving Human Instrumentality could be seen as this if Gendo's last line to them is to be believed; it takes a god to kill a god. Gendo's goal also probably involves becoming a god himself and taking the Adams' power for his own to fulfill his own desires.

(This is more of a trivia than anything, but Gendo being in posession of the key of Nebuchadnezzar seems to paint him in a similar light as this particular Babylonian king who was the subject of an epic rant that had people mistake 'Lucifer' for 'Satan'.)

long quote from wiki  SPOILER: Show
Lucifer from wiki page, Christiany section wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer#Background

In a modern translation from the original Hebrew, the passage in which the phrase "Lucifer" or "morning star" occurs begins with the statement: "On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labour forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!"[55] After describing the death of the king, the taunt continues:

"How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.' But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: 'Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?'"[56]

J. Carl Laney has pointed out that in the final verses here quoted, the king of Babylon is described not as a god or an angel but as a man...

...For the unnamed[59] "king of Babylon" a wide range of identifications have been proposed.[60] They include a Babylonian ruler of the prophet Isaiah's own time[60] the later Nebuchadnezzar II, under whom the Babylonian captivity of the Jews began...

"Adams Survivor" and "Adams Vessel"

So if the Adams are gods, then what does that make of these two? Unfortunately there's still too many unknown variables, so my best guess is that:

Adams Survivor

A specimen that was transformed by the Adams' power during the Second Impact. Very likely to be one of the scientists from the Katsuragi team. A Lilim body mutated by godlike powers could have transformed it into something usable as an Eva base while posessing stronger powers than that of an angel base.

See also the Failures of Infinity which were Lilims transformed by the Third Impact into an Eva-like shape.

Adams Vessel

A body created to utilise the residue power of the Adams left behind during the Second Impact. Differs from an Adams Survivor by being artificially created by combining a base body created by Nerv/SEELE with Adams' powers.

I may or may not go into more details about the peculiarities of Eva 13 and Mark 09, but for now it's enough to give shape to what their relation to Adams could be.

Where the Adams are

No corporeal bodies

In the two times we've seen of the Adams during 1.11's preview and the Second Impact sequence, the Adams have distinct but never defined/solid-looking forms.

Some perks to not having corporeal bodies:

• Very difficult to kill. Even if they died, they would not leave behind a physical carcass to be used, though their death may lead to some other more devastating consequence than the Second Impact.
  • Not restrained by physical limits, making it possible for them to thrive in unfathomable environments and allowing them to utilise power that far exceeds the boundaries of the physical plane.
  • Traveling across mindbogglingly impossible distances with ease, like going from Earth to the other end of the universe in no time at all.

Ok, this is just a poorly executed lead up to their location beyond...

The Door of Guf
(this part and probably the above will be revised at a later date because I'm pretty tired right now so I'm just spitballing my ideas and observations)

Note that in the Second Impact sequence, the opening of the Door of Guf preceded the shot of the Adams giant of light forms, which could suggest that the Adams came through it. Of minor note are the giant crosses that appear before the Adams make thier appearence so rather being marks of their demise, it's probably a mark on the world they left while passing through.

Also we know Gendo likes opening these, and whenever they are opened, some kind of reality bending event typically ensues that dwarfs what even Angels are capable of. And it's obvious that all of that power comes from the other side of the door.

2.22 wrote:1:41:45,010 it's transcending humanity, turning into a nearly divine being.
01:41:49,590 Inside the huge swells of complementarity, it's binding together the heavens, the earth,
01:41:56,080 and all creation, transforming into an energy condensate.
01:41:59,940 Purely to grant the wish of a human being.
01:42:03,060 For that and nothing else.

The colours of the Door could indicate the level of power or how much access to the Adams the Door has. It seems to me that the awakening of Unit 01 was a way for Gendo to test how he should open the Door, while Eva 13 was a perfected version that looks closer to the one from Second Impact that Gendo used to verify his hypothesis just before his own preparations to travel through are complete.
3.0+1.0 spoilers  SPOILER: Show
Which is why Gendo salvaged Eva 13 and plans to incorporate himself into it. What we see the Wunder fly towards in the trailer is the Final Impact that Gendo starts with it. But then why are the Doors seen in the trailer red instead of multicoloured? Hmm.

L-levels could be some form of radiation from the energy that comes through sort of like nuclear fallout except it also makes everything red.

--

Part 3: ???

I'm currently not sure where to go from here as I could respond to several topics brought up by Reichu here from The nature of cycle to how the pilots fit in with all this, but I really don't know if I'm helping or hindering this thread by posting like this. Maybe these should go in their own topic? I'm just trying to respond to some of the ideas Reichu mentions here in an easily readable format but gosh I sound so obnoxious.

Anyway I'd better take a long break as I've technically been working on this for... days? I think I'll just go read some KawoShin fluff now. Bye.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Alternative Take on the Adams

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:16 am

Hey, Ollow! I've split your posts out of here since you're doing your own separate analysis which is very, very different from my own and it just seems to make more sense to give these posts their own thread to breath in. Feel free to change the title to whatever you like. (I can't do anything about the part at the front that's specifically addressing my thread, though. You would have to recreate that manually, if you don't mind doing so.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ollow
Embryo

Re: Alternative Take on the Adams

•      
  •      

Postby Ollow » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:57 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Hey, Ollow! I've split your posts out of here since you're doing your own separate analysis which is very, very different from my own and it just seems to make more sense to give these posts their own thread to breath in. Feel free to change the title to whatever you like. (I can't do anything about the part at the front that's specifically addressing my thread, though. You would have to recreate that manually, if you don't mind doing so.)

Thanks for doing this Reichu! This is something I've been thinking of doing while I was getting a breather and it does feel much better like this. I'll be working to make this more stand alone in the next few hours and maybe even post the next theory I have about the 'cycle'.

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Alternative Take on the Adams and other popular aspects of Rebuild (Undergoing cleanup 27/07/2019)

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:48 am

All top notch stuff, enjoyed reading it.
I think I have a little addition for
So basically,
Angels (excluding Lilith) = Fruit of Life = body
Lilim = Fruit of Knowledge = brain

Notice how Mari shoots Eva9's head clean off.
Since this had no effect, Mari came to the conclusion it must have been an adams survivor.
I immediately thought of this when reading this. The scene always felt a bit off, like why put this emphasis on losing its head and still be functional? (mainly because it remains headless for the subsequent scenes)
Now I realize it's probably to show that it indeed has no Fruit of Knowledge (literally doesn't need a brain), the whole thing is a mutating/reshaping body and is not based on Lilith.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”