Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: Superhero/Comic Based Films & Tv - Vol.2

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Did you doubt the Beast Raban? (I think he’s going go be amazing in that role and I hope they give him enough material to make a
breakout as a dramatic actor)
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Oh, I know he could beat up the Mouse enough to make him regret his decision, but for the Mouse to repent??? His fists can apparently teach new words and concepts to someone given enough force.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Saw Captain Marvel..... it was fine. One of the lesser Marvel movies.

Best thing in it was the de-aging work on Samuel L. Jackson which was literally flawless.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:12 pm

I wouldn’t expect it to win but it deserves a special effects nom for that alone.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:06 am

Shazam is getting a lot of positive buzz from early screenings. Looking forward to seeing it when it finally releases! ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:32 pm

I enjoyed Captain Marvel. Sam Jackson’s de-aging was flawless. I actually really appreciate how the whole movie’s color grading looks like late 80’s - mid 90’s action films. Filmmakers today use digital color grading to rigidly hold to very specific color pallets, and that’s all cool and all (if the filmmakers actually know what they’re doing), but it’s refreshing to see something that is a bit more adherent to naturalistic, yet slightly more vibrant colors. Much of the film's Earth scenes look like they’re mimicking the cinematography of either Top Gun or the truck chase scene in the first half of Terminator 2. It’s not a groundbreaking thing, but it’s a neat detail that I appreciated.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Have you seen the movie yet? That's what I meant by he steals the show. Seriously, it's the funniest shit in the movie.

SPOILER: Show
He even gets an end credit scene all to himself.

Saw this movie at long last and I agree Goose is a massive scene stealer and I loved his scenes with Nick Fury and I loved the throw back to 90's nostalgia is wonderful along with the soundtrack which they got so right in certain places with 90's songs.

I also really enjoyed the plot twist on who the real villains are as that was very refreshing my real not pick and the only one I have is I don't feel this film has the emotional punch that Alita or Wonder Woman had in places I just wish when the reveal came that captain marvel was on the villain's side that her break down had just been much more full on because to me they should have really let Brie Larson just let go ugly cry and break something out of rage because six years of her life were in essence a lie along with being taken from earth and her friends and family and being brainwashed and that's a lot to unpack emotionally
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:07 pm

I have a feeling that
we'll be seeing Goose again. They aren't going to introduce a powerful Flerken just for the sake of a post-credits scene.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I have a feeling that
we'll be seeing Goose again. They aren't going to introduce a powerful Flerken just for the sake of a post-credits scene.

Yeah if I remember from my readings.

Flerken have teleportation powers and I think they could use that to have him teleport Thanos in to the crushing depth of a black hole while the heroes try to pry of his glove as its clear he won't be able to eat him as he couldn't digest a single infinity stone which was the Tesseract so there's just no chance he could eat Thanos wearing the whole gauntlet unless they go for he gets him in to his inner mouth and the others can again pry off the glove, then he spits him out
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:58 am

New Avengers Endgame trailer just dropped :w00t:

It's only a minute, but it's goooood.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:49 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:New Avengers Endgame trailer just dropped :w00t:

It's only a minute, but it's goooood.

Also here is one that was released March 14th but didn't get posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMBFSGVi1c

Zero concerns so far, everything looks like more of the same Russo greatness. They are 3 for 3 and I can't see them messing up with this one.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Trailer for the new Joker movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

I didn't know they were making one.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:18 am

Looks interesting. Was wondering how far they'd take it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 am

Looks like they are screwing over the new Swamp Thing series before it's even finished filming.
Good on Madsen for calling it out.
https://www.cbr.com/dc-universe-swamp-t ... roduction/

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

the prophecy is true

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:There's a teaser out for it too.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/17/18287 ... c-universe

Longer teaser out now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhtqTUZKzfM

Some Dead Space+The Thing-ish kinda horror imagery in there. Really excited.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Just came back from my first screening of Endgame, in 3D.

What an absolutely breathtaking movie that was. The theater was as taut as a bowstring the entire time, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people cry in public at the same time.

The people who make the new Star Wars movies should have to sit down and watch this to study how to give characters a proper sendoff.

There are some very interesting choices in terms of plot and pacing and what could have been wall to wall fan service felt earned at every point.

I’m going to see it again tomorrow night and look forward to more people seeing it so I can discuss it.
the prophecy is true

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:47 am

I've read the spoilers for Endgame just to know what happens to the Guardians characters.
The MCU just ended up boring to me (and I would put most of the films of it I've watched below the new Star Wars films).

To be fair I haven't watched Infinity War, but I was pretty tired by then (I have watched all from Iron Man to Spider-Man Homecoming).
Only exception for me are the Guardians films. Love them so much.
It's just not for me I guess.

It's likely I end up watching these last films if friends make me watch them, if they impress me I'll say so.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:26 am

It was… three hours of empty fan pandering. If you’re all in on this universe it’s the greatest experience possible. If you think the universe is just fine or not good the film doesn’t invite you in.
I don’t have many positive things to say about this film or what comes next so I’ll just back out & let people enjoy this movie.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:38 pm

And yet we had to be apprised of your indifference.

Since you won’t be regaling us with any further detail, I went out and looked up the negative reviews. The movie is good, so they’re hard to find.

I’ll put all my comments behind a spoiler tag.

https://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2019/04/avengers-endgame.html

This is my favorite review so far. I particularly love this part:

There's a moment in the midst of battle when it seems as if every single woman who has ever appeared in a Marvel film unites behind a contrived Powerpuff pose. It's desperate and forced, but there you have it, Marvel's very own "No Man's Land" sequence--or so they hope.

I just love it when a man tells how me how to enjoy female characters. I guess I’m not allowed to see myself in them because it’s “forced” according to a man.

Anyway, I knew I could count on Armand White to deliver the goods:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/ ... olescents/

Infantilization is the MCU game plan. A serious publication is obligated to point out similarity to the free-college, no-student-loans, socialized-medicine political promises that stoke immaturity. Also note how Endgame secularizes religious allegories. The end-times premise is hollow, just an excuse for the usual sci-fi, CGI destruction. Even Thor’s junked-up Norse myth and Black Panther’s purely cosmetic Afrocentricity join the trend of ignoring spiritual faith and trivializing national heritage.

You millennials and your fucking hope for a better tomorrow! In my day we ground ourselves down to accept that life sucks and this is the best we can do and we liked it!
the prophecy is true

Return to “Film and Video”