Shinji Ikari Raising Project (PC game) English patch release - V2.0 released Jan 2020

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
scenikeight
Embryo

Shinji Ikari Raising Project (PC game) English patch release - V2.0 released Jan 2020

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi everyone, I just released an English patch for the SIRP game and I figured I'd share it here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rMF ... sp=sharing < - All of the information you need (READ THIS FIRST), the download link, as well as downloads to any updates I made.
(I've removed the original link to download now so nobody's trying to open my locked twitter account. The docs page has everything in it anyway.)

Enjoy playing (if you do) :)

EDIT 2: The patch has been updated to Version 2.0 today. The translation has been mostly revised - I will readily admit that I wasn't a particularly competent translator a year ago, but I've been doing translation almost every day since and I really think it's at a standard I can be proud of now. Please check it out if you like. I apologise for leaving so many issues in it for so long.

EDIT: I have released several updates since the patch first came out. It says this in the Google Docs but just. Emphasising this. Please download them and tell me if you find anything else that needs to be patched (PM me preferably).
Also, this is a long shot, but if ANY of you know how to decode those transparent image files (.bp4 or whatever, I think) PLEASE let me know because I really don't want to leave this game in a state of half-Japanese-menu purgatory forever. If you know anything about where the stats stuff is stored too, that would be helpful.
Last edited by scenikeight on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Shinji Ikari Raising Project (PC game) English patch release

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Thanks for your hard work and for sharing it with us! :thumbsup:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:23 am

Awesome, I can't wait to check this out when my schedule clears up. Thanks for your hard work! :asuka_thumbsup: (Thanked you on Twitter, too.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Very nice. Thank you.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Not the hero we deserved, but the hero we needed. Thank you very much for your work!
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

scenikeight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:10 am

Thanks to all of you for your...thanking me? I guess?? I appreciate it :3

Anyway, responding just to add this to the thread:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ksb ... sp=sharing

It's a full translation of a Japanese author's (adrienne) cheat sheet for the game, and amongst quite a bit of other info, includes instructions and a download for the save editing program (since I was asked for it today. I added it to the thread about that, but felt I should add it here too, as it pertains to my patch.)
It seems Charon (from this forum)'s translation of the program has been lost to time, so I spent today translating it and that guide I just linked. Very helpful for getting scenes...can't wait to have a billion reports about bugs people have found because of this too haha

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:08 am

View Original Postscenikeight wrote:It seems Charon (from this forum)'s translation of the program has been lost to time, so I spent today translating it and that guide I just linked. Very helpful for getting scenes...can't wait to have a billion reports about bugs people have found because of this too haha

:jawdrop:
I can only repeat my comment about you being a hero.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Aether
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aether » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:27 pm

I also greatly appreciate the effort you've put into this. As a minor-ish bug, every now and then, an error window pops up while playing. Choosing the "retry" option seems to resolve it. This seems to happen often if you choose the "Tease him" option when Shinji's resting at home.
If a king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?

scenikeight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 pm

View Original PostAether wrote:As a minor-ish bug, every now and then, an error window pops up while playing. Choosing the "retry" option seems to resolve it. This seems to happen often if you choose the "Tease him" option when Shinji's resting at home.

I believe I fixed it, (update has been added to that Docs file I linked in the OP.)
It happens after Misato talks, right? Retry will skip most errors but it's still better to have them gone anyway. (In this case, I added an extra quotation mark after she talks by mistake. This doesn't cut off any dialogue, but some of these errors if I have accidentally done the opposite, will make the text not show at all, even after hitting retry :( )
I haven't gotten this scene and it's not linked to any specific episode, so I'm not sure how to get it up, but I think that's all it was? I hope, anyway!

maosicca
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby maosicca » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:21 am

I purposely make an account just to thank you for this, i have been searching this for ages but all i found was fake links and virus. thanks again!

maosicca
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby maosicca » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 am

sorry for the repetitive comment, but is the link only about the patch ? do u know how to get the actual game? :sniffle: :sniffle:

scenikeight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:26 am

View Original Postmaosicca wrote:sorry for the repetitive comment, but is the link only about the patch ? do u know how to get the actual game? :sniffle: :sniffle:

It is just the patch, yeah. We're not allowed to share illegal content on EvaGeeks! You can find it on Google though.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:03 pm

:worship:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Rastafoo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rastafoo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:08 am

erolo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby erolo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Hey, thank you for all your work. I just began playing it, i was wondering if perhaps you had the tools needed to extract the CGs? I think it's from a (deceased) called Westside, all the links i can find on the web to it are dead.

scenikeight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:49 am

View Original Posterolo wrote:Hey, thank you for all your work. I just began playing it, i was wondering if perhaps you had the tools needed to extract the CGs? I think it's from a (deceased) called Westside, all the links i can find on the web to it are dead.

For the CGs only, I do in fact have the tools, yes. It doesn't extract anything else (aside from text), so if you are looking for sprites or menus it won't do that. You can download it from the Italian Girlfriend of Steel patch page: https://gosita.altervista.org/evangelio ... entazione/ . You want to download both the first link up the top and the second link down the bottom I believe. Instructions should be in English and it's not hard to use.
There doesn't seem to be tools to extract everything else and I have looked merclilessly trying to find something that does -o-; If anyone knows how to get those sprites out, reminder again, I really need help with that!!!!

View Original PostRastafoo wrote:Found a review for the game!

https://hentaireviews.moe/2019/08/04/ne ... g-project/

Ignoring that you wrote this review, this site is really NSFW and you perhaps should have warned about that. SIRP is not a hentai game and I don't think anyone really wants to click on this sort of thing unexpectedly! Thankyou for reviewing the game and my translation though. Also I should let you know that "link to download the game" links to my patch, not the game itself, and while it's better you DON'T correct that given that illegal content is not allowed to be shared from EG, I also don't want confused horny nerds coming to me asking why the game won't load LOL

scenikeight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:37 am

The first major patch update, Update v1.1, is out (download it from the Google docs linked in the OP if you like), as it suddenly dawned on me last night where those parameter calculations were stored. I'm very stupid, please forgive me for taking so long to work that out!

They will now appear in game like this:

I had to use hex editing to insert all of this, which is why it looks very restricted. To someone familiar with the parameters it's probably obvious what the shortenings mean, but if you aren't, I encourage you to look at the Stats menu.png provided with the patch or just the Eva fandom wiki's page on the game I wrote, if you can't work it out yourself.
It's better to have them showing up in funky English than to have one section of the game in Japanese only I suppose :facepalm:

scenikeight
Embryo

Re: Shinji Ikari Raising Project (PC game) English patch release - V2.0 released Jan 2020

•      
  •      

Postby scenikeight » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 am

Another - and probably final, at least for now - update, and I'll leave this thread alone again. I figure I'm probably being annoying at this point.

I've just released patch V2.0. It contains a MASSIVE overhaul to the translation and it'd mean a lot to me if any of you guys wanted to check it out. I've expressed this in my edit to the OP already but I was quite the incompetent translator a year ago, thankfully my studies this year have given me the skills necessary to revisit the game and turn the translation into something I can be proud of. I hope it's mostly lacking in mistranslation and other error now, but please don't hesitate to tell me if you see any errors left over. Thanks.

Goldmaker617
Embryo

Re: Shinji Ikari Raising Project (PC game) English patch release - V2.0 released Jan 2020

•      
  •      

Postby Goldmaker617 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:11 pm

Im having trouble installing the game since im confused on what to do after extracting the flies for it does anyone have a video to help me out?

Edit: nvm i gotta download the game first and then add the patch to it can anyone tell me where i can find the game cause ive been looking and i havent found it

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”