Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (WTF is your avatar/sig from?)

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:32 am

Another in my very occasional series of avatars which are not Shinji. This time it's Motoharu Yano from Bokura ga ita (We were There), my favourite romantic anime (and manga - the real nitty-gritty comes after the anime ends halfway through the story). Yano has a hate/hate relationship with Yuri Yamamoto, but has some history with her - and so when her mother is rushed to hospital he goes to help her (as she has no other family), breaking an arrangement with his current girlfriend. As he is leaving the hospital to go to catch up with his girlfriend, Yamamoto says that she loves him, and always has, and this is his face as he turns to her, gobsmacked:

Source - here is a brief video clip of the scene:
https://cassland.org/videos/Suki-Yano.mp4

Oh, and his girlfriend dumps him over it, but they do make up before the end of the anime.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "Suki da, Yano" - Bokura ga ita ep.21 (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”