Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:24 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Lastly, @ Ornette: 1) You're lucky. >_< (I'm personally considering saving up so I can see Rebuild 03/04 over there...If so, it'd be my 1st visit to Japan either way...) 2) Can you at least tell me the context of Shinji already seeing Rei 3 in the person hell train so soon? After a battle or during his running away bit? Oh, and does his SDAT play the same songs and tracks (25=You are the only one, 26=Blue Legend)?

Lucky, yes. The very first thing I had to learn to say was "Nihongo wa karimasen", because people come up to me and immediately start speaking Japanese.

Rei appears very briefly during the second train sequence. The first train sequence was just voice overs of Gendo and Yui talking about the naming their son or daughter, and "Ayanami" got brought into the convo. The second time, it was Shinji sitting across a little Shinji (I think) talking about piloting Eva (I think), and Rei appears very briefly at the end of the train and says a line (I'll pay more attention when I watch it again).

The songs on Shinji's SDAT sound the same, although I never really payed that much attention to it during the TV series.

As for the prospects of 2:0, I'm actually really excited about it and expect it to have a lot of new stuff. Starting from after the battle with Sach, there were many new scenes, like Misato and Ritsuko on some kind of sit down escalator. The Kaworu bit is still a little confusing to me (no doubt because I'm no good with Japanese), even after reading reviews. There were a set of black boxes, some of them open, and Kaworu comes out of one and is greeted with a Seele 01 monolith. Perhaps these boxes have something to do with the Angels?

Oh, as far as the trip itself, I'll be documenting it on my website. But it appears that my sidekick doesn't support GPRS 3, so I won't be able to take pictures. My GF borrowed rockthing's camera, but there's no telling how soon I'll be able to put those online.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:32 pm

Ornette, can you tell us if Kaworu is definitely on Ootsuki-sama, or just in a place in Terminal Dogma or something that looks like the moon?

EDIT: And why in the frakking underwhere didn't you bring a video camera?! Tape it over one of your eyes and people will just guess you're a cyborg or something. Those things are all over the place in Japan, right?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:34 pm

Copy/pasta from last page:

btw, very important question before I forget: Since we get Personal Hell train and Rei 3, does that mean during the film's start we get Quantum Physics Rei 3 in the street appearing to Shinji?

With Kaworu and the Seele or Angel boxes, didn't the Angels originally come from the Moon [in the original Scenario], or am I getting my Adam & Lilith White Moon and Black Moon stuff mixed up?

Cool to know, and it sounds like your trip is going well. ^_^ So is it your first time in Japan?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:36 pm

"Nihongo wa karimasen?" Does that mean "I don't speak Nihongo"?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Nihongo wakarimasen=I don't understand Japanese.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:With Kaworu and the Seele or Angel boxes, didn't the Angels originally come from the Moon [in the original Scenario], or am I getting my Adam & Lilith White Moon and Black Moon stuff mixed up?

The final 12 Apostolos come down from the Moon. No idea how they got there. I think Second Impact vaporized the Dead Sea in that version. The Proposal thing still isn't translated, although I now have all of it printed nice and big on Dead Tree and could get the actual text "digitized" for further perusal without needing to manually type it up.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Rawinder
Lilith

Postby Rawinder » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:52 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:With Kaworu and the Seele or Angel boxes, didn't the Angels originally come from the Moon [in the original Scenario], or am I getting my Adam & Lilith White Moon and Black Moon stuff mixed up?

The first one: in the original scenario, the Angels came from the moon (the actual, floating-in-space moon).

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Angels on the moon? Heh-HEY, it looks like we really might get the Arka ending this time!

That's right, we're not getting a new ending. Rather, we're getting a VERY OLD ending!! =D

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:08 pm

Don't you know that's the best kind of ending there is? ;)

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:13 pm

Honestly, I want to see the Arkos ending...and I don't.

I'm kinda basing a fanfiction on them at the moment... :?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Of course, if this truly does have the original ending, I believe that means Asuka dies permanently. So, you know, brace yourself, Sailor...

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm

NAveryW wrote:Of course, if this truly does have the original ending, I believe that means Asuka dies permanently. So, you know, brace yourself, Sailor...

Oh god, a little part of me just died inside. Now I'm really hoping its not the original Arkos ending...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:19 pm

Wait...WHAT?! :shock: Explain, please! Is dat sum scrapped M-8 Asuka's Death I sense?

Wasn't the original ending similar to EoTV in the sense it was a "happy ending", albeit none of the mysteries were solved in the latter (that's what EoE's for lol) while the former (the original ending scenario) did have all the mysteries solved?

If you're refereeing to that Expose Thing (whatever it's called) up on Evaotaku, I never really read it.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:24 pm

I actually can't remember the source, so I wouldn't take it as absolute. I do find it amusing, though (and sad) that Asuka's VA was hoping for a happier ending for Asuka in EoE than in the series (HAHAHAHAHA), so I'm wondering if she's getting her hopes up again this time...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:29 pm

"Getting your hopes up", eh?

Like I (probably) said before, EoE's final scene all depends on your perspective. ....And what did Yuko mean anyway by "than in the series"? Is it some "Yay Instrumentality's been accepted! ^_^" bullshit?

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Well, Anno seems happier these days, maybe his characters will be happier this go around as well.

The Five Stages of Whatever:

1. Denial. (I'm NOT Depressed, and I'll make Shinji happy to show it!)

2. Anger (I'm NOT Depressed, GODDAMMIT! I'll make Shinji even happier!)

3. Bargaining (If I portray Shinji more realistically, will things seem better?)

4. Depression (I'm so fucking depressed, I can't make my characters think straight...hey, how did Asuka and Shinji end up trying to kill themselves?)

5. Acceptance (Oh well, I guess I screwed up badly there, might as well throw in the coup d'grace for those two... LOL Asuka vs. Harpies, Shinji vs. his soul)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:45 pm

NAveryW wrote:Of course, if this truly does have the original ending, I believe that means Asuka dies permanently. So, you know, brace yourself, Sailor...

This is a new one to me. "Sauce or GTFO." ;)

BTW, CC, it's "Arka", or something to that effect. You're hybridizing it with "Apostolos", looks like.

I don't think we have much of a clue what the Proposal ending was like. There's some really vague blurbs but not much real information. It might help if all 35 pages of this thing were translated, as opposed to just the collection of episode synopses on its butt-end.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 pm

You know, this is probably the sort of thing I'd pay to have translated, if I could do it for under $200 (which, you know... with 35 pages, is quite dubious).

WHERE ARE ALL THE MOONSPEAKING PHILANTHROPISTS WHEN YOU NEED THEM?!

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:50 pm

Reichu wrote:BTW, CC, it's "Arka", or something to that effect. You're hybridizing it with "Apostolos", looks like.

Ah, thanks.

@NAveryW

I'd be quite glad to do it...except I don't speak a word of moon... :twisted:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Then you are of no use to me!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”