Eva models for vrchat

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Eva models for vrchat

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:06 pm

I'm currently working on converting sfm evangelion models http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292176078&searchtext=evangelion
into vrChat avatar models.

If anyone is interested in playing as an Eva unit, stick around.

:Update
I've got Unit's 0-3 into Vrchat, however I'm working out the kinks of the avatar's fingers.
SPOILER: Show

The rest of the body is perfect. minus minor shoulder rotation.

Here is what the units look like in game, they are shaded in "toon" mode
00 (yellow)
02 (BIG) doubled size

Again if anyone is interested please respond, perhaps I will look into the geofront map
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Eva models for vrchat

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:53 am

I dont think I can put into words how much I love this.

What I do find a bit confusing to look at however is that you use the Rebuild color scheme on the model of the original Units. Its nothing bad, but is very confusing for me to look at.

Also, I would absolutely love to see soem of the more obscure Units being made into models as well (mainly Type Alpha and Beta, they get way too little love in my opinion)
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Sat May 05, 2018 11:03 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I dont think I can put into words how much I love this.

What I do find a bit confusing to look at however is that you use the Rebuild color scheme on the model of the original Units. Its nothing bad, but is very confusing for me to look at.

Also, I would absolutely love to see soem of the more obscure Units being made into models as well (mainly Type Alpha and Beta, they get way too little love in my opinion)

The files come with original versions for the shoulder blades and body.

When you say obscure models, what exactly do you mean. The modelling process is easy.

skibbob
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby skibbob » Tue May 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Yes! I've been using an evangelion world to get eva models but it would be great to have them all saved!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri May 18, 2018 5:49 am

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:When you say obscure models, what exactly do you mean. The modelling process is easy.

By "obscure" I mean forgotten. Those that have most fans scratch their head and ask themselves, where it comes from.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Mon May 21, 2018 9:45 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:By "obscure" I mean forgotten. Those that have most fans scratch their head and ask themselves, where it comes from.

Mind posting a few. I might make them later.

Also to Everyone waiting for the VR skins, Im almost done. Probably post it on a dropbox or something. Sorry for the wait, been busy. Legs are the only thing left to fix... basically the Unit 2 Problem.

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Could you rig some of the ps2 character models to vr chat

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu May 24, 2018 3:55 pm

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:Mind posting a few. I might make them later.

Sorry for the late response, here are some I would be particulaily interested in:
Imagespam incoming  SPOILER: Show
Type Alpha

Type Beta

Unit Null

Jet Alone Kai

I can provide further images for all of them in case you decide to make them and need some further reference :emogendo:

Either that or just make everything there is, that should do as well :P

Gojira266
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gojira266 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:25 am

Hi i wanna have the Eva 01 avatar please,can you make a public world then we can get it?

天使 | Nyo | 天使
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby 天使 | Nyo | 天使 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Hey! So happy to find this little thread here, I've got a few things I could tell ya!

So, there are actually multiple different worlds with different avatars to choose from. If you want Shinji, Rei, etc. Use the Spanish Geofront and "Basic Evangelion Avatar World" servers, those ones have custom emotes (and gestures in terms of the Basic Evangelion ones.) Just search "Evan" in the world search bar and you'll find those.) My recommendation is to take a look at some of the 3rd-Party VRChat world webpages (most notably https://en.vrcw.net none of these have any virus or other stupid things on them) and see if you can find any good ones. You can find lots of defunct, old, removed worlds that are pretty cool as well. The rest of the Evangelion Worlds (minus the one with the weird Russian thumbnail thing, that's a community lab though) has some good Eva Avatars as well (though those aren't really my thing, so I don't use those.)

I myself am currently trying to figure out how to make decent VRChat avatars and maybe make some of my own Evangelion VRChat avatars, either that or I'll just commission someone to make a few (really looking for a good Shinji avatar.)

Anywho, hope this helps! :D
Yeah, I change the things I'm interested in on a dime. Seriously, one day I'll be playing SMT, the next day it's VRChat, then it's just whatever I'm feeling like playing at that point. "Oh wow, you're uhhh...something that's for sure." -Anyone who meets me for the first time basically.

Youtube: Nyo, the one with the Tatsuya Suou (main character from Persona 2: Innocent Sin) Picture. I can't link it on my profile because it doesn't properly link it for some reason.

Discord: Nyo-kun#4442, don't send me weird pics or something. I'll just be using it for anyone who wants to contact me outside of the forums, don't harass me either.)

~Nyo :3

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:54 pm

hi i have been redesigning eva models on blender from Breaking dawn with other people on discord

and adding bumpmaps to improve the models
and adding emissions

also if you are wondering I changed my account to this new one
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Return to “Fan Works”