Hideaki Anno x Kazuo Koike (October 22 2013)

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:10 am

Numbers is a fucking boss, you da man, sir.

All i can say is hallelujah, we finally have it straight from Anno's mouth and don't have to rely on heresay from Yamaga or Tsurumaki anymore regarding the "intended ending" debate.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Nope. Name of Episode 26' proper is Magokoro wo, kimi ni usually translated "My Purest Heart For You".

Sorry, Xardy-poo. Monk Ed was correct. The movies are similar to the original TV episodes in that they have two titles apiece. 26''s two titles are "Magokoro no, kimi ni" and "I need you". The "One More Final" thing is just to provide a counterpart to EoTV.

FINALE: Take care of yourself.
ONE MORE FINAL: I need you.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:19 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote: Air is confirmed to be the original intent for 25, and 26 is confirmed to be the intended ending all along. Lots of ammo for concurrency fans there. :devil:

Nothing I hadn't assumed earlier, and strict concurrency still seems very wrong in my view.

I don't really feel like getting into it here though, only to have to split/merge it somewhere else and accomplish a whole lot of nothing in the process. :|
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:14 pm

That was a very intriguing interview! Thank You for posting

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Apparently in all this time, this interview was never Stickied. Corrected this horrible mistake because of the great info it contains. :sachihi:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 am

"We had no time for episode 25, so we remade it for the theatrical edition. The final episode, episode 26, was going to be that way originally."

I'm trying to figure out what he means by that. So Episode 25' (EoE) was the first part of the intended ending, and Episode 26 (TV) was the second part of the intended ending? Either way, is this good support for the "concurrent" theorists?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 pm

View Original Postcody727kirby wrote:I'm trying to figure out what he means by that. So Episode 25' (EoE) was the first part of the intended ending, and Episode 26 (TV) was the second part of the intended ending? Either way, is this good support for the "concurrent" theorists?

He's basically saying that they didn't have the time to animate scenes like Asuka fighting the MP evas or the invasion of Nerv for EOTV25, so all that was dropped, but that all the introspection of EOTV26 was going to be that way originally, he just thought he'd improve on it and make it more "beautiful" when they did EOE.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

cody727kirby
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cody727kirby » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Oh ok, I thought so. Thank you for clarifying.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Anno saying he's no good with horror...

I dunno arguably I think he's better with it visually then any other anime director i have ever seen which is why I want to see him do a horror anime.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:42 pm

I think Anno's referencing horror in the vein of Higurashi or Blood C, not psychological horror like Perfect Blue or the stuff he threw into some of the scenes in NGE.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Hideaki Anno x Kazuo Koike (October 22 2013)

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm

I wonder how much of that script he had written will remain in the last film.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 pm

I bet the Shin Eva CRC will go into that. The various details on script rewrites were definitely a thing in the 2.0 CRC: thread/10604/20-Complete-Records-Collection-Information/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 am

I'm also very excited for the 3.0 one. It's really cool to think there is stuff to find out about two movies, not one.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”