Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Ok, even if that scene is fake, i kinda actually wanna know where it goes
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:04 pm

I mean it's fake but interesting.

Khara has complete control over the workflow of Evangelion. There's very little chance anything will get out without their approval. I mean Khara kept the entirety of 3.0 under wraps up to the premiere. November 16, 2012 everyone still assumed the third movie would take place about month or two after the end of 2.0.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I mean it's fake but interesting.

Khara has complete control over the workflow of Evangelion. There's very little chance anything will get out without their approval. I mean Khara kept the entirety of 3.0 under wraps up to the premiere. November 16, 2012 everyone still assumed the third movie would take place about month or two after the end of 2.0.

Yeah, the poster seems pretty sure of himself though that it's legit. That or he's a big shitposter.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 pm

As someone who clearly remembers the shitposting the day of 3.0's release, I see zero reason to trust anything from 2/4Chan.

Also that sene doesn't sound interesting tbh, sounds more like a sick tentacle fetish fantasy
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:24 pm

I don't believe it for a moment.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Is Asuka the last angel in this one? :tongue:

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I don't believe it for a moment.

Neither do I. It honestly sounds like someone's taking the mickey out of Anno and O'Hara.

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Is Asuka the last angel in this one? :tongue:

Yeah totally! :D :devil:
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:59 am

Sounds totally like the new Death Stranding Trailer, that Asuka got infected from the "Fragment" and Shinji has to shoot it.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby CommanderFish » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:28 pm

This is fun, but fake.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:52 am

Khara is celebrating the end of the year and someone got pretty wasted :lol:

I like how they seem to enjoy themselves while working on the movie, I don't want Anno or anyone to get crushed by it like it happened for Q.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Sushi, AND Pizza AND Shabu-Shabu. Lucky bastards.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Nice to know that Khara's catering is on point.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:44 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Sushi, AND Pizza AND Shabu-Shabu. Lucky bastards.

What's Shabu-Shabu?

Edit: Oh, it's hot pot. Nevermind.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:55 pm

Image Is this garbage ever coming out?

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:33 am

View Original PostClover wrote:Image Is this garbage ever coming out?

Yes.
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:21 am

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:51 am

We know clearly that they're working on it, so why should you think it won't?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Taking over a decade to make four theatrical length animated films WITH a couple year pause for the director to write, shoot, edit and release a reboot of the biggest franchise in his country? Yeah, sounds like Anno & Co are exactly on track.

People constantly show their ignorance in the time consuming labor goes into films. Especially animated films where the animation staff is not entirely composed of in-house staff. Pixar is currently working on their 2024 releases. Hayao Miyazaki won't have his new film ready until maybe 2019 and he started work on it a few years ago. Your favorite animation film of 2021 is probably in some form of production right now and you don't know it.

Final is going at a pretty steady pace all things considered. Only real difference between this film and all other animation films in production is social awareness. Most mainstream releases aren't announced to the public until long into the development cycle (example: I promise you Marvel knows exactly what all their releases are going to be for the next decade, they just won't announce that in 2028 they're going to release Iron Man: The Iron Puppy until they've got the infrastructure for that production very much set in place), somewhere aroun

Because Khara announced long ago they were going to make four films (with their foolish original expected release dates) & it's always been a given that Anno was going to get to it at some point eventually is why the wait has seemed interminable. That and of course 3.0 ending on a cliffhanger of sorts.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:41 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Pixar is currently working on their 2024 releases.

To be fair, Pixar has a lot of manpower and as soon as Disney reacquired them, had been structured to churn out at least one movie every year with 2014 being the only gap. I'm glad Eva isn't getting the Disney treatment, but Pixar will have something for us to pass the time every year until Eva is eventually finished.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Oh Pixar is great as long as it's not a Cars movie.... sadly The Good Dinosaur was the victim of Disney reacquiring them (I wish we could have seen the original version of the film set for release in 2014 which was apparently a much weirder film where dinosaurs have evolved to basically be Amish, the main character was a 70-foot-tall science minded lover of bugs who slowly realizes he's not fascinated with bugs but tiny humans & while would have probably not been a Pixar great would have been a more fascinating & worthy movie than the conceptually dry flick that got retooled and released with an entirely different voice cast)
I just meant that animation takes FOREVER (Example: the voice cast for Cartoon Network's Adventure Time finished all their work on the series in January 2017 but the final episode won't be finished & air until around Summer 2018) and most production houses don't really share what it is they're working on until well into production. The Eva movies don't have that luxury yet because this four movie franchise was announced as a four movie franchise back in the day.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”