Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Cruel
Banned

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby The Cruel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:01 am

silvermoonlight wrote:Asuka Bardiel
SPOILER: Show

The events in Matsushiro were the very day, when Asuka was forced to make a covenant with a Angel. For Bardiel to survive and exist, it made her into its host. She was forced to sacrifice her actual existence as a Lilin and how she used to be and in return got it's powers and a chance to survive in battle.

You might not agree with me, but Asuka seems to be the female equivalent to the Punisher. She and him turned into cruel warriors through tragic events and for years they brought death and suffering to their mortal foes. The skull emblem on her cap in 3.0 makes that obvious.

Asuka has become a valkyrie and Frank a reaper.

All the things that she had done. Memories, they do sometimes hurt her. The past is more than just memories. It's the Angel she sold her soul to. It's coming. It's coming to collect.
Last edited by The Cruel on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Group

I do like the first Kaworu/Shinji picture, but this one is not the right one.

There, FTFY.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:56 am

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:The events in Matsushiro were the very day, when Asuka was forced to make a covenant with a Angel. For Bardiel to survive and exist, it made her into its host. She was forced to sacrifice her actual existence as a Lilin and how she used to be and in return got it's powers and a chance to survive in battle.

You might not agree with me, but Asuka seems to be the female equivalent to the Punisher. She and him turned into cruel warriors through tragic events and for years they brought death and suffering to their mortal foes. The skull emblem on her cap in 3.0 makes that obvious.

Asuka has become a valkyrie and Frank a reaper.

All the things that she had done. Memories, they do sometimes hurt her. The past is more than just memories. It's the Angel she sold her soul to. It's coming. It's coming to collect.

I'm not going to disagree at all I always felt Asuka was very anti hero and in a very similar vein to wolverine in that she has a lust for violence and blood shred in a way that the other characters don't, which in my view is shown in the End Of Evangelion and in 3.0 where she takes beast mode to a whole other level. I also wrote a whole AU fanfiction about the idea that Bardiel surviving and parasitically invading her body and turning her life in to a living hell because I think the idea is hugely possible and puts her in the realm of becoming less human and more animalistic. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:28 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:You might not agree with me, but Asuka seems to be the female equivalent to the Punisher. She and him turned into cruel warriors through tragic events and for years they brought death and suffering to their mortal foes. The skull emblem on her cap in 3.0 makes that obvious.

The hat seems pretty childish to me, it's a big neko hat.

Alternatively is perfect for a teen in her rebel phase.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Fire Fight  SPOILER: Show

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Joseki wrote:
The hat seems pretty childish to me, it's a big neko hat.

Alternatively is perfect for a teen in her rebel phase.

Come on Jo, you can't underestimate Asuka like that. Even if she's stuck as a teen for 14 years more and regarding her background, her record of her career as a Eva-Pilot and Captain in the European Air Force, you can't joke about her.

Who knows what she did in these 14 years since Matsushiro and N3I, how her life was before Eva and what 'll happen to her in FINAL, but it's certain that she can be a threat to anyone who stands in her way.

You wouldn't want to make a mistake on her, which could cause brutal risks with no point of return and amends.

She and Frank might not be monsters and still being human somehow, despite what they do, but I would be a fool to think of them as forgiving.

Asuka is itching for the opportunity to make Shinji suffer for his crimes on her and humanity, him being a pawn or not, which is the same as Frank smashing Billys face through glass.

She could've hit through the glass if she wanted, when she saw Shinji in 3.0 and her fist landing on his face like a sledgehammer.

She does have the potential to be like the Punisher.

The skull emblem on her cap, despite the cartoonish look is one thing, but think about it further:

Frank Castle enlisted himself to the USMC, becoming Captain at rank, witnessed many war crimes, was about to be overrun by massive hordes of hostile soldiers and in the midst of carnage, made somehow a deal with a supernatural force that granted him to survive as the only one in battle. The price was the death of his family and his actual existence as "Frank Castle" by mobsters. He got shot in the head, his skull deforming into a demonic mug similar to his skull emblem. Through this near death experience, he was resurrected as the one who we know as the Punisher and since then the days of crime are numbered.

Asuka Langley Sohryu/Shikinami, being a prodigy and college graduate at the age of 13 and becoming Captain in the European Air Force, was forced to witness the mental meltdown and suicide of her mother and scientist Kyoko Zeppelin at the age of 4, which was the price for making her into a warrioress, as the Second Child and Pilot of Evangelion Unit 2. Though this is only the beginning and the first step for her to evolve into something much crueler and scarier as anyones living nightmare, in which she was forced to make a bigger sacrifice than her mother. And that sacrifice was "herself".

This sacrifice was made in two different occasions in NGE and Rebuild and ended in different ways:

In NGEs case, her last stand against SEELEs Eva Series and JSSDF-Forces, while she found her revelation and redemption in realising her mothers soul within Unit 2, ended with her "death" and loosing her left eye, right arm and getting disemboweled in the process. She was resurrected through 3I and living now a life with a uncertain future.

In Rebuilds case, with the events of Matsushiro and Bardiel, the sacrifice of "herself" is more akin to Franks sacrifice with "himself". She was forced to make a deal with Bardiel in becoming its host to survive, while her actual existence as "Asuka" died on that day and her getting wounded in a similar way as in NGE. With this near death experience, she was resurrected as the person we know in 3.0. Since then and N3I her life has become a war without end against NERV and SEELE and her having now Bardiels powers, with the risk of getting corrupted by it, she could make anyones day their last one.

Asuka and Frank both experienced loss, felt guilt, experienced death and sold their souls out to demons and angels to become living weapons to survive and fight for seeing the next day and being damned to wage their wars for the rest of their lives.

And I can imagine the conflict between Asuka and Shinji in FINAL in a similair manner as with Frank and Matt in Daredevil and Asuka insulting Shinji as a coward for being a half measure and affraid of finishing the job.

By the way about your pics, the fourth picture with Asuka reminds me very much of Tim Bradstreets art style with this pic here:

=

And that's what I mean with the Skulls:

=
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Cosmo11 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:59 am

Sachiel

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 am

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:Come on Jo, you can't underestimate Asuka like that. Even if she's stuck as a teen for 14 years more and regarding her background, her record of her career as a Eva-Pilot and Captain in the European Air Force, you can't joke about her.

I'm not underestimating Asuka's abily as a pilot (even if she actually loses 3 battle out of 3 in Q) or her phisical strenght, I'm just joking on her grumpy behavior, and I can because it's what the movie does most of the time, making fun of Asuka's temper and motivations with smirky remarks from Mari.
The skull brooch is something many teens have on their school backpacks, mine too was full of gore-y stuff.

I think we should stop here, we are off topic the mighty hammer could hit us from above if we go further. :tongue:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:43 pm

View Original PostCosmo11 wrote:

This deserves a bigger copy:

(Note: if a Tumblr image url ends with 400 or something, you can usually change it to 1280 to get the largest size.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Zeruss
Adam

Postby Zeruss » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Sorry to meddle--It also deserves its artist: Shinjito.
They've made many great fanart pieces about Eva and is a champ in all regards!
I'm a lurker at heart.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Mildly nsfw

Sushi, anyone?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:59 pm

At first glance, I thought the sushi was carved from their flesh. Somehow, that seemed more appetizing to me also. I am disappoint.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:At first glance, I thought the sushi was carved from their flesh. Somehow, that seemed more appetizing to me also. I am disappoint.

:|

Sachi. I had no idea you were into. . . THAT.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:30 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Mildly nsfw

Sushi, anyone?

When I look at this image I keep on thinking of katy perry's bon appétit baby video. :bigeyes:

Group
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Cosmo11 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:11 am

Unit 02

Unit 01

Asuka/Shinji

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:11 am

More Misato

Glasses give me life

:jawdrop:
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Q Misato? SMILING!? What mad sorcery is this?

:cringe:

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:02 pm

This is most likely before she met Shinji, so it's possible :emogendo:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:37 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Q Misato? SMILING!? What mad sorcery is this?

:cringe:

I was more surprised her hair was down, I didn't even realise it was Q Misato until I looked closely, the glasses pretty much gave it away.

:|

View Original PostStillborn wrote:This is most likely before she met Shinji, so it's possible :emogendo:

Of course you'd say that Stillborn... I know it's you Shinji.
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Here's some more of my preferred Misato.

Asuka And Rei  SPOILER: Show

Return to “Old Stickies”