Rei: Angel or not?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Well then that covers the 90 or so percent match. The other percentage might be physically.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:03 am

Reichu wrote:If the MAGI says Lilith is "human", wouldn't that mean her DNA is < 99.89% in common with ours?

Yeah, she'd be 99.9something percent identical to us like we are to each other. Finding the exact number is quite annoying.

The 7 eyes were on a mask.

How do you know what her face looks like under the mask?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:11 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Yeah, she'd be 99.9something percent identical to us like we are to each other. Finding the exact number is quite annoying.

BUT LIEK IF KAWORU IS A HYBRID WHAT PERCENTAGE WOULD HE BE WOULDN'T IT BE MOAR?

How do you know what her face looks like under the mask?

It probably doesn't have Seele's symbol (or some facsimile thereof) on it, if that's what you're getting at... I'm guessing standard-issue two eyes (notice how GNR's eyes start off even more weird-looking than they end up). Imagine the rest to your delight -- the creepier, the better.

Too bad that mask had to pull all the flesh off her face when it fell.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:30 am

Reichu wrote:BUT LIEK IF KAWORU IS A HYBRID WHAT PERCENTAGE WOULD HE BE WOULDN'T IT BE MOAR?

I'm no expert on genetics, but logically the best Kaworu could hope for would be as exact a match as is possible for us. This idea itself seems rather doubtful cause half his DNA came from Adam who is only a 99.89% match to us. I'm inclined to think he'd fit in the the 99.89 zone since he registered as an Angel.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:45 am

It probably doesn't have Seele's symbol (or some facsimile thereof) on it, if that's what you're getting at... I'm guessing standard-issue two eyes (notice how GNR's eyes start off even more weird-looking than they end up). Imagine the rest to your delight -- the creepier, the better.

Too bad that mask had to pull all the flesh off her face when it fell.

I always thought lillith probably didn't have a face under the mask until it turned into Reis, because when the mask fell off it just seemed to pull off all the flesh underneath like it was actually attached to the mask. Maybe Lillith did have a face at some point but not after the mask got put on, her face pretty much seemed to have completely merged with it. Just what was the purpose of the mask besides looking cool anyway?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:03 am

Defectron wrote:I always thought lillith probably didn't have a face under the mask ... because when the mask fell off it just seemed to pull off all the flesh underneath like it was actually attached to the mask.

And when the harpies pulled off EVA-02's torso plates the underlying flesh came off, too.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Just what was the purpose of the mask besides looking cool anyway?

We Must Not Look Upon The Face Of Our Creator (= God). Even if it means stapling a giant earthenware bowl onto it. Pointless religious symbolism comes before all other considerations.

@AEF: The Lilith=Human / Kaworu=Angel bit is something I'll file under "won't ever make any sense". (And, for someone who comes up as "Angel", Kaworu can't even be bothered to show off too many of Mom's contributions. How odd.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:50 am

Reichu wrote:The Lilith=Human / Kaworu=Angel bit is something I'll file under "won't ever make any sense". (And, for someone who comes up as "Angel", Kaworu can't even be bothered to show off too many of Mom's contributions. How odd.)

Perks of making your own sci-fi universe I suppose... Doesn't have to make sense as long as it looks and sounds cool.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”