Trailer

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:13 am

They're able to add more people most likely due to more monies and the computers.

But it would be cool if throughout the movies we would see a subtle decrease in Tokyo-3 population throughout the movies. Maybe add in a laundry scene as a gimmick throughout the movies with less and less people occupying it.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:49 am

I was so afraid that they were going to make the Evas CG, and yet the fact that they have managed to make them look so fantastic with only hand-drawn animations stuns me. Very well done indeed!

I think the way that Eva-01 moves in her different shots in the trailer make her look so much more organic than in the original.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:13 am

Trailer tis sexy indeed.

Yes, Tokyo-3 rising did look a bit more impressive in teh bootleg but I'll wait til I see the final film (whenever the hell that'll be) to make a judgement on CGI in the series. Most anime isn't even handrawn anymore. You think Gainax could pull off Gurren-Lagann if it wasn;t 50 percent computer done?

Also, now that we can actually see whats going on some of the really stupid assumptions like a busted Ramil Eva 00 is firing the Positron Rifle can be put to rest.

Sentinel'
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sentinel' » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:21 am

Ah... sweet, sweet confirmation. Thanks for the links, guys. Now the only problem is waiting for the movie. In fact, I doubt it might come out at all over where i live. :cry:

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:13 am

was that some Shinji/Misato hand holding i saw? hmmm.... nice warm and fuzzy almost.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:03 am

Looks that way, although I didn't really see an arm attached to that hand O_O There was also an arm tug shot just before Angry Shinji gets Angry... whether it was an EoE style (move or die) tug or it lead to the hand holding I couldn't guess.

I'm kind of interested in that book at 0:18 ...
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

•      
  •      

Postby chiefen » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:19 am

Kaminoyouni wrote:was that some Shinji/Misato hand holding i saw? hmmm.... nice warm and fuzzy almost.

Could be someone else's hand too (yes, even though it looks like she's grabbing Shinji's arm earlier in the trailer).
NGE, N. G. E., N. G. Evangelion, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

NOT Eva or EVA. Please. >_<

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:48 am

just saw the trailer. Im really amazed. At first i thought it was goign to be like that transformers 3d crap. but it looks really good. amazing thats all i can say.

once again Annihilator is happy.

and once again, Annihilator has craped his pants

:) :D

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:14 am

and once again, Annihilator has craped his pants

For God's sake, will someone get a bucket and mop. Everyones shatting everywhere!
Normality is overrated

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:16 am

Sentinel' wrote:Ah... sweet, sweet confirmation. Thanks for the links, guys. Now the only problem is waiting for the movie. In fact, I doubt it might come out at all over where i live. :cry:

I??m dieing to see the movie! But we??ll have to stick with the Youtube fansubed version for a while... a long while...
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Naz » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:19 am

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:Looks that way, although I didn't really see an arm attached to that hand O_O

MAYBE IT'S THE MYSETERY CHARACTERRRR
N|Naz

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 am

Apparently, there have been rumours that there will be a Western theatrical release. Frankly, I think it's a load of bollocks, but...(sighs)...one can dream.........
Normality is overrated

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:21 am

If there is a western release, it??ll only be in select theaters. Possibly East and West Coast, or where anime is most popular.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:22 am

Indigo Arcangel wrote:Apparently, there have been rumours that there will be a Western theatrical release. Frankly, I think it's a load of bollocks, but...(sighs)...one can dream.........

really? IF there is a western theatrical release...

i would be crapping my pants for weeks in amazment

JP
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JP » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:27 am

UrsusArctos wrote:And hey...what's with the rainbows? Sachi's self-destruct X-blast is now red, and there's a rainbow going up with it! The same is seen with static Eva-01 with Shamshel's tentacles sticking in it. Does a rainbow mean an Angel is killed?

I havent seen the trailer since yesterday :roll: lol, but from memory I'm pretty sure the rainbow is "camera" glare.
The pregnancy is now absolute.

achassi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby achassi » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 am

this is gonna be great
That Burning Feeling. Red Liquids. Clear Liquids

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:17 am

WOW. I can see clearly now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw&mode=related&search=

Wow.

Of course, this is just getting us used to "okay, it's a new animation style update and it's NEW Eva"

....we're all waiting for Asuka and the Gaghiel/Israfel fights!

Just like when in LOTR, we were hyped for FOTR just to see what everything LOOKED liked, but in my head when I went in thinking "LOTR" I was thinking Helm's Deep or Pelennor Fields.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:25 am

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS REALLY HAPPENING
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:39 pm

NAveryW wrote:Human creations are flawed; it's unavoidable.

Well, if you want to get technical, CG(I) is still a human creation. The computer wouldn't be doing anything if you just left it sitting there.

UrsusArctos wrote:Shamshel seems to fall flat after being killed (Offscreen: why else are his tentacles just sticking in Eva-01?)

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86393#86393

Reichu wrote:Hay, why aren't Shamshel's tentacles connected to anything?

Indigo wrote:I think it's a scene after its body has been removed for testing. Or maybe it exploded this time?"

No explosion -- the surrounding terrain looks fine. @Ursus' suggestion -- the tentacles are connected to Shamshel, and the knife would be embedded in her core, so it would be hard for her to fall over without taking Sho along for the ride.

It's possible that Sham was relocated already, with the tentacles incised at the connection point and that embedded knife conveniently ignored. Except, the "silhouetted" look seems like it's intentionally mimicking episode #03 post bellum, doesn't it?

UrsusArctos wrote:The rainbow: A symbol that a great flood shall never happen again. Garden of Eden symbolism. What exactly is rebuild aiming at?

The visible spectrum is a recurring element in NGE in association with "Angelic stuff", relayed through computer displays: #04 Rei scans, the Angel genetic pattern, Ireul's transformation, the harpies' ATFs resounding with GNR's, and so on. "Rainbow" is also an entry on the Webuild poster with the kids on it.

The [rainbow] is seen with static Eva-01 with Shamshel's tentacles sticking in it.

Also note that it's raining lightly.

KnT wrote:Black LCL? It looks more like the semi psychedelic activation images to me, especially how it begins fading to white just before it cuts out (Good trailer is Good) You know when it goes all Zebra patterend and such?

I opined...

Reichu wrote:Looks well like it could be "the psych-out before SHE psychs out".

You know, instead of having that psychedelic Shinji closeup.

TriLink wrote:Sho almost looks like a zombie the way she's walking around 01:07.

I really don't like that part; thought it looked stupid from the moment I saw it in the Shit Screener. I liked it much better when she was walking slowly and solidly out of the blast, eliciting a sense of fortitude and menace -- instead of wobbling around like... whatever.

AuthenticM wrote:Have you guys noticed how there are so much more people in Tokyo-3?

"Mos Eisley" were the first words to pop into my head.

Indigo wrote:Apparently, there have been rumours that there will be a Western theatrical release. Frankly, I think it's a load of bollocks, but...(sighs)...one can dream.........

Now, now, you know what Reichu thinks about rumors, right? ("SAUCE OR GTFO")

Re: Tokyo-3 -- that particular CG looks fine to me. Shamshel is more bothersome than ever. Shiny octahedron is shiiiiiny. The Evas look "CG-tastic", despite assertions that they aren't. (If they are not, it certainly isn't as obvious as it is with teh Lilimz.)

When the prog knife comes out, Sho's hands are naked, as expected. Although they look (A) not terribly messed-up, and (B) alarmingly low on the melanin.
Last edited by Reichu on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:00 pm

did anyone notice a second before Satchiel self destructs there blood flying threw the air? :D

I also didnt really notice how abandoned tokyo 3 looked until u guys mentioned it...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”