Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Official Welcome Thread

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:45 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Funnily enough I got curious from seeing Defects art in Misatos Fan Service Corner in volume 8 of SIRP after looking through my collection after so long. :nyao:

:headscratch: Whose art? (That name is not Google-friendly.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:33 am

Defectron's, I would assume.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:44 am

Aye. My bad. Yeah Defetrons. The one of lizard Mana Asukitten :nyao:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:13 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:YOUR PRINCE HAS RETURNED

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Hey everyone I'm crawling my way back here from the LCL after Rei knows how long. Funnily enough I got curious from seeing Defects art in Misatos Fan Service Corner in volume 8 of SIRP after looking through my collection after so long. :nyao:

Oh My God.

Welcome back in town, boys.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:52 am

Never really made a true departure post. But I've been a lot more inactive than active on this forum for the past year really.

So in a way saying hello to everyone again, I'll try to be here more often than not. Key word being try.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 am

Hello, Sicarius VI. ^_^
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Official Welcome Thread BD

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Howdy. BD
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Thank you two.

And what does BD mean?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Smiling with shades on.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Official Welcome Thread BP

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Shades? I'm not that pretentious anymore.... Clearly, I meant glasses. :emogendo:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:52 pm

My bad I didn't see it as a face until Reichu said something, now it makes sense. =)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Official Welcome Thread BP

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:41 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Shades? I'm not that pretentious anymore.... Clearly, I meant glasses. :emogendo:

I've always interpreted them as shades. This is new information.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Official Welcome Thread B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Well, what I used at Trivial Being was this:

... and now I can't decide which it is. Dammit. :facepalm:

IDK, personally, the shape of the "B" makes me think of comic-glasses. If it's meant as "cool", I thought it was supposed to be an 8.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm

After a nasty bout of flu (my second this season with my first ever flu shot...) and missing a posting for my fic last week, I'm back, and will be posting again this Saturday. I had so much reading to catch up on too.

Also, don't get the flu... avoid all human contact, it's not a fun thing. Two times within a few months is nuts.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:31 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:After a nasty bout of flu (my second this season with my first ever flu shot...) and missing a posting for my fic last week, I'm back, and will be posting again this Saturday. I had so much reading to catch up on too.

Also, don't get the flu... avoid all human contact, it's not a fun thing. Two times within a few months is nuts.

Welcome back DBP ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

JungFreud
Embryo

Postby JungFreud » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:28 am

After a long period of lurking in EGF, I ve decided to have an official account

So here I...am? :bigeyes:

Azaeroe
Embryo

Postby Azaeroe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:05 am

I'm a fan of Hideaki Anno.

Nadia > NGE > EoE > Love & Pop > GB >>> Rebuild in my humble opinion.

I hope to become a regular poster here.

Nice to meet you all.
I have no message of hope to deliver [...] I know only that every single one of us reeks of selfishness, masochism and death. We have created a system in which it has simply become impossible to live

Floormaster
Embryo

Postby Floormaster » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Longtime lurker. I got into Eva roughly a year and a half ago. EGF has been very helpful for sorting out the story, especially the characters. Have a floormaster! :devil:

big_big_bozo
Embryo

Postby big_big_bozo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:29 pm

hello :)

just here to post some eva fanfic
will be real real good, promise
lots and lots of sloshing sounds
or more of a *glop glop*, maybe a *sllllich* idk
all I can say is, ur gonna have to clean ur holes.

OK buh bye.
sacred cum swamp denizen

The Railgunner
Embryo

Postby The Railgunner » Sun May 14, 2017 4:16 pm

So, having had difficulty regaining access to Vegeta 20XX (my original account) owing to my losing access to my original email address ([email protected]), I created a new account, mostly because in the several months/possibly a year or so since my last visit, I've missed lurking here and occasionally chiming in. Hopefully, in time, I'll get my Custom Title (trademark pending) back (which seems to have morphed considerably since my last visit - "XX02 ategeV" became "XX0ᄅ ɐʇǝƃǝΛ"), but in the mean time, it's great to be back.

On an unrelated note, I am visiting my son in two weeks - he is turning six, and as I haven't seen him in person since he was about 3 or 4, this is going to be exciting and a little scary. Unrelated to that, I may start tangible work on Gospel Machine or Evangel shortly after my return from the corn-infested hellscape that is Nebraska.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
The Legion is silent, dormant until December comes again.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
"Try kicking me." "I'm wearing fucking Crocs, why the fuck would I kick you?!?" - John Clayton Wilson-Freeman, the Debugman
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Return to “Old Stickies”