Best boy

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

The "Shinji is Mah Waifu" thread.

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:21 pm

For all you Shinji lovers out there, here is your thread. Now feel free to tear yourself apart as you strive to make Shinji your pure Waifu.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Shinji (stern face): But... I'm a boy.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:46 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Shinji (stern face): But... I'm a boy.

Light
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Light » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:52 pm

Shinji would make a great housewife.

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:54 pm

View Original PostLight wrote:Shinji would make a great housewife.

His children would be deeply disturbed, but a waifu is a waifu.

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:54 pm

You know, in all my time spent lurking the internet I can't say I've seen many (if any, now that I think about it) people who claimed Shinji as a waifu/husbando/etc. The poor guy just isn't loved I guess.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:57 pm

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:You know, in all my time spent lurking the internet I can't say I've seen many (if any, now that I think about it) people who claimed Shinji as a waifu/husbando/etc. The poor guy just isn't loved I guess.

/a/ is gay for Shinji

though not as much as for Kaworu

then again, /a/ is rampantly homosexual anyway so :shrug:

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:58 pm

inb4 SSD finds this thread.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:01 pm

What is this I don't even...

Light
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Light » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:02 pm

View Original PostGrimmjow wrote:His children would be deeply disturbed, but a waifu is a waifu.

I think Shinji is one of the few male characters who can be called either a waifu or a husbando. His traits are just very unique.

And most people (at least guys) tend to identify with Shinji more than anything. The fact that he got Asuka to like him to some extent is a mystery unresolved.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:10 pm

View Original PostLight wrote:The fact that he got Asuka to like him to some extent is a mystery unresolved.

I wouldn't really say that... The first item on that list alone is already a good start.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:10 pm

The cross-pollination with /a/ is rather out of hand, so I'm going to shoot this thread dead. One small step toward the betterment of all!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:56 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:inb4 SSD finds this thread.

GODAMNIT I MISSED ALL THE FUN. :bawl:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Snow
Lilith

Best boy

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Now, since the mid-90's there has been a constant state of a information war over the identity of the legendary best girl. Now, i'd like to ask you who is the best boy, since i do not see too much debate on this topic.

Personally, Fuyutsuki best boy, heavens bless.
Last edited by Snow on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Best boy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:48 am

I can't choose between Fuyutsuki and Kaji. A conundrum to be sure. Both have their merits, and detractors, but no one's perfect, so for me it's a tie.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:05 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I can't choose between Fuyutsuki and Kaji. A conundrum to be sure. Both have their merits, and detractors, but no one's perfect, so for me it's a tie.

It's not about being perfect, it's about having less defects in your personal opinion. And i would place Kaji in the second place, he is a very charming personality after all. But as the rest, he does have major flaws.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:12 am

^ Sorry, that is what I meant. My tired brain sometimes makes things convoluted when in this state.

But is there even a character that has no flaws in this show? I mean, Pen-Pen is the best candidate, am I right?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:15 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ Sorry, that is what I meant. My tired brain sometimes makes things convoluted when in this state.

But is there even a character that has no flaws in this show? I mean, Pen-Pen is the best candidate, am I right?

There is no character that has no flaws in the show. And i am very glad about it, as perfect characters are quite easily the worst characters. An Atticus Finch with perfect morality and actions does not appeal to me personally. And if i have to say who is the least-flawed character in the series, it would be Ayanami. This is just because the fact that she was created with a purpose, unlike everyone else on the show. She ultimately fulfils her purpose, which completes her need of existence. This is just my opinion however. Pen-Pen is a very sweet being though.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:43 am

Gendo is the Byronic hero the eva world truly deserves.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:24 am

You guys already know my answer by now, if there's any doubt: Shinji Ikari.

This is a kid since day one has been deliberately been manipulated to failure and screwed by nearly every facet of his life to the point of making it a living hell, where he pretty much had the one chance in his entire like to say "FUCK YOU" to everything that screwed him over.

But yet, despite everything that happened to him, it was HE that decided that life was worth living and denied Instrumentality, even if his life up to that point was utter shit. THAT takes a strength that very few people have.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”