Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:10 pm

And, mere days before my half-yearly, my brain decides to lift my writer's block. So what happens? Easy; I write 80% of the rest of the chapter in just over a day.

Chapter 034 is out.

It has awkward resolution of a stupid conflict I set up for little reason. It has Pen-Pen being smart enough that I'm pretty sure someone put some corvid genes in him. It has Hikari. It has Kensuke. It has Shinji and Rei being supportive and enjoying each-other's company. And it has Kaworu.

Hope it's good.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:33 am

Read and reviewed. As always it was a really good chapter, I won't say too much here lest I spoil anything for others and also I'd end up just repeating what I said in the review but I liked each section and in particular the section with Kaworu. I'm very excited to see where you go with this from here.

I felt you got Shinji's angst throughout it spot on as well. Really good job :)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:16 am

Great to have you back really missed your story updates and this chapter was really fun to read ^_^

SPOILER: Show
Rei moving in to Misato's place is fantastic :D
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 am

Just caught up on both new chapters, left more detailed stuff in the reviews, but I must say: job well done.

Glad you're writer's block evaporated, as it produced some great stuff. Keep up the good work!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:06 am

Aw, thanks, you guys! Honestly, I don't think I've mentioned how much I appreciate having constant reviewers like you lot.

:shinjismile:

That said, get ready-- 'cause the next chapter's got everyone's favourite character...
Matarael.

We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Aw, thanks, you guys! Honestly, I don't think I've mentioned how much I appreciate having constant reviewers like you lot.

That said, get ready-- 'cause the next chapter's got everyone's favourite character...
Matarael.

I know that feeling, I love it when I release a chapter and see a few of the same people reviewing it, Personally I always think it's super important to leave reviews on peoples work even if it's just to say good job. Super nice to have a little community of people to write these things with, makes the experience so much nicer. Especially when I get to read a fic as good as yours :)

I'm super excited about what you do with the next chapter too :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:08 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Aw, thanks, you guys! Honestly, I don't think I've mentioned how much I appreciate having constant reviewers like you lot.

Matarael.

Well, that certainly is the easiest Angel to kill, but I bet you have some new powers for it to make the task somewhat more daunting. Can't wait to see how you portray this fight.

More than happy to review any fic I enjoy reading. Constant reviewers does make the release of a chapter a happy experience. It's like getting a continuing opinion from a few people, which does keep you motivated.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 pm

And less than a week after, Chapter 035 is done! Hell yeah!

A few author's notes, just for reference (though you should read the chapter first):
1) The journey to London obviously took some time, so Mari's not just changing her mind instantly or anything. She's had time to recover, and time to digest the news.
2) I may have screwed up some of the timing here. Just a little.
3) The Cocytus Anti-Angel System is a nasty thing here. I may explain it later... but trust me, it's not pretty.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:49 am

Said what I needed to in the review but really liked that, I like seeing the journey the two have taken over these sequence of chapters. You can really feel that strong bond/love between them and each step has felt very realistic and so much like the two of them.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:09 pm

You know what? I think it's time for me to host another Ask Fyrstorm Whatever About NtE!

That's right, anything you want to know about the story, I'll tell you! However, if it'd be a spoiler, it'll have to be by PM, so as not to ruin it for everyone else. So ask away!

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm

I forgot to post in thread really enjoyable chapter nice to see Mari also getting back in to the saddle :eva01_huff:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:53 pm

Chapter 036 has been finished and uploaded! I don't even have a witty subtitle for it-- it was just fun to write Asuka and Mari going all out on the two Angels. Hope you guys have as much fun reading it as I did writing it... though I'll admit, it's kinda gory (though the fact that the blood is orange and blue rather than red kinda decreases the squick factor).

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 am

So great to see Mari back on form plus I really enjoyed the orange and blue blood bath ^_^

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:00 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Chapter 036 has been finished and uploaded! I don't even have a witty subtitle for it-- it was just fun to write Asuka and Mari going all out on the two Angels. Hope you guys have as much fun reading it as I did writing it... though I'll admit, it's kinda gory (though the fact that the blood is orange and blue rather than red kinda decreases the squick factor).

Really enjoyed reading it! I said this much in the review but I love reading your Angel descriptions and fight sequences. Seeing your stuff was a big inspiration and pushed me to do better when writing stuff for my own fics, I could see a lot of areas where I could improve and as always you continue to do a great job.

Was really nice to see Asuka/Mari going all out on the Angels. I loved that ending moment too ^_^

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Chapters 35 and 36 were amazing!

Left reviews like always, but wanted to say a few things here. Great Angel battle, two on two is certainly different in the context of Angel battles. Can't wait to see what you do next, but I am looking forward to it!

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 pm

And lo, a new chapter did come, thirty-seventh of approximately a little more than seventy. And though short, it contained multiple elements of great importance to the plot. And the author looked at it, and thought it good.

I'm saying 037's done.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed May 03, 2017 4:49 am

Update: I'm taking it slow on Chapter 038. Why? Because I've been struck with a case of ideas not related to NtE. Thus, I've adopted a side project in the meanwhile-- what I'm calling Evangelion: Regenesis. If it sounds stupid awesome, that's cause it is.

Now to not say anything else, and leave you all unsatisfied. *evil snickering*

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Update: I'm taking it slow on Chapter 038. Why? Because I've been struck with a case of ideas not related to NtE. Thus, I've adopted a side project in the meanwhile-- what I'm calling Evangelion: Regenesis. If it sounds stupid awesome, that's cause it is.

Now to not say anything else, and leave you all unsatisfied. *evil snickering*

Just wanted to say I really loved your last chapter and you should take as long as you need chapter wise no point in rushing it ^_^

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat May 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Chapter 038 is now completed-- and it's quite different from the others! Hope you all like it!

dramatis personae  SPOILER: Show
Katsuragi Akira - leader of the Katsuragi expedition, not a very good father
Katsuragi Misato - daughter of Katsuragi Akira, survivor of Impact
Adam - mother of the Angels, initiator of Impact
Lance of Longinus - sealing device meant to manage Seeds of Life

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun May 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Fyrstorm wrote:Chapter 038 is now completed-- and it's quite different from the others! Hope you all like it!

Well done! Even with its difference from the other chapters, it explains a lot about your story. Looking forward to the next update.

Return to “Fanfiction”