Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Hand Cannot Erase/You Must (Not) Run Away | Post 3.33 Fics

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:15 am

That spoiler was very sweet and saucy but I have to wonder what's coming to get them.

SPOILER: Show
I really like there funny sexual conversation
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:40 am

Just read and reviewed Chapter 17, and it was fantastic, that's the super short version of the review of course, and now for this preview of Chapter 18.

Love the interactions with those two, I love how Asuka yells a Shinji and says she loves him in the same breath, and I'm also curious as what she did the other night, and what he did to her. Also, it's adorable how he says thank you for sex.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:27 am

And here is your second preview, continuing the adventures of Asuka & Shinji. As always expect this to have been rewritten and improved for the final version, just wanted to give an indication of where things were going :)

Asuka positioned Unit 02 on top of the building and scanned the horizon looking for any sign of these enemy that had flashed up on Shinji's display. She looked amongst the streets looking for, almost fearing, the sites of the strange tentacle like ribbons that had plagued her so many times before. Looked out for any disc like entities that signified members of the Nemesis Series. Strained her eyes to try and observe any hulking monstrous shapes that indicated an Angel was nearby.

She saw nothing and this only served to increase the fear inside of her. Her hand trembling she frowned and turned towards Shinji.

"What is it saying now?" She asked making an attempt to keep her voice as calm and steady as she could.
"N-Nothing!" Shinji replied, "They aren't moving but they're still there."

Asuka didn't move again taking another look out across the city. Maybe they were going to get lucky, maybe whatever it was hadn't noticed them yet and this was just a co-incidence. If that was the case then maybe she had the upper hand.

"I'm going to start moving towards them now. Keep your eyes focused on that tracker."

"But we don't know what they are, and they're inside the city wouldn't it be dangerous to go through it?"
Asuka looked down at her trembling hands and snatched at her controls tightly. She took in a deep breath to steady her nerves. She took a few more trying to cast out the memories of the failures she had experienced whilst piloting.

'I'm not going to freeze up this time. Nothing is going to go wrong. I'm going to fight these things, and I'm going to win. I was a goddamn Captain of the European Air Force! I'm an Evangelion pilot! I'm special and I can't be beaten. I'm not the weak little girl my dreams tell me I am! Time to do this!'

She smirked and let out a laugh, "Go through the city? We're not going through it, we're going over it Shinji. Time to play a little hopscotch."

Shinji's shot back in confusion, "Hopscotch? What do you mea-"

He had no time to finish his question before he got his answer. Asuka had already brought Unit 02 back a few steps and was focused on a nearby building of a similar height. Shinji braced himself for the jump but it didn't come. Just as Asuka prepared to jump a black helicopter suddenly rose up from the edge of the city and started making it's way towards them.

"A helicopter?" Shinji exclaimed.

Asuka brought Unit 02 back a few more steps and paused at this strange turn of events. She had never considered that what Shinji was seeing on his screen could be human. The helicopter continued moving towards them.

"What do we do? Who are they?"

"How should I know?" Asuka tried to focus on the helicopter to look for any markings on it, "They're not WILLE at least."

As she finished speaking a sound went off on Shinji's console, he looked down to see an alert indicating an incoming communication.

"They're... trying to talk to us? What do we do?"

"Answer it, let's see what they want. Not like they can do much against us."

Shinji accepted the communication. They were immediately greeted by a mans voice he had an Arabic accent and sounded quite pleased, "Pilot's Shikinami and Ikari it's a pleasure to make your finally make your acquaintance. We have been expecting you."

Shinji muted the outgoing channel as Asuka turned around in her seat, "Expecting us?"

"I don't know..." She shook her head, "Let's keep going."

"What if hes... after us or something?" Shinji asked nervously.

Asuka shrugged, "Then we destroy his helicopter! It's practically a plaything compared to Unit 02. They haven't attacked yet though, let me handle this."

"D-Destroy? Asuka we can't fight humans."

"We can fight whoever we have to fight Shinji, I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea either but we have to survive. If that means..." Asuka trailed off thinking about what that would mean. She thought about the implications of destroying that helicopter and any other vehicles these people had nearby. Destroying it wouldn't mean purely disabling it and the pilots walking away. She'd be killing them. She was an Eva pilot to fight against Angels and now the Nemesis Series, not to kill another human. She looked at Shinji, his eyes full of fear and just shook her head, "Look just... it won't come to that. Trust me."

Soon afterwards the man’s voice came back through over the system, "I understand that this is quite unusual and you are most likely not trusting us. We represent Espérer, we were told by your Captain Katsuragi to expect you in our little settlement."

"Espérer?"

Asuka grinned, "Small faction set up in the aftermath of the Third Impact. Misato always spoke of them as being good people. They refused to join up with WILLE when offered so thing were always a bit tense. Claimed they didn't care for WILLEs outlook on things. Misato took me and Mari to one of their settlements a few years ago, they're good people."

“They mentioned Misato too… so they were expecting us?”

“Seems like it, Misato must have known we’d head in this direction or at least knew there was a base like this nearby.” Asuka confirmed, “Open the channel.”

“This is Pilot Shikinami, you were expecting us?”

“Shikinami! It’s good to hear your voice, my name is Karim Lellouche. Yes we received a message from your Captain Katsuragi only a few days ago telling us to be on the lookout for yourselves. She said it was of the utmost importance that we find you and bring you back to our settlement. She also mentioned something about a key to a tower, I trust you have it.”

Asuka turned to see Shinji wearing the necklace, she contemplated lying for a moment but she knew this group and Misato had always told her what good people they were. At the end of the day she was still inside and Eva and they weren’t, it wasn’t as if they could do anything right now, “We have it.”

“Very good, we can help you translate what is there. We were ordered by Katsuragi to bring you to our settlement and aid you in any way we could. If you would like to follow us.”

The helicopter slowly started to turn itself around as Asuka motioned to Shinji to mute the channel, “Hide the necklace for now. Until we have supplies and such we don’t give them anything.”

Shinji nodded as Asuka dropped Unit 02 down off the top of the building and started moving towards the helicopters location.

“Can we trust them?” He asked.

“He said Misato sent word ahead of our arrival and he also mentioned the tower and the key. Misato was the only one who knew about those things altogether so I don’t think he’s lying. We should be careful though just in case.”
Shinji glanced down at the display and raised an eyebrow, the markers up top indicating the group from Espérer were still there but to the south of their position a new marker had appeared. He eyed it for a few moments before looking up at Asuka, “Um… Asuka something else has appeared on the radar.”

Asuka turned around, “Probably another of theirs, likely nothing to worry about.”

Shinji shook his head, “No this is… bigger. It’s…”

“Pilot Shikinami, we’re seeing something approaching from your six. It’s… its huge…”

Asuka felt the panic from earlier set him once again. She turned around Evangelion Unit 02 around on the spot and looked across the sea of buildings at the shadowed figure on the horizon. It was huge, easily around the same height as Evangelion Unit 02. It walked towards them on two thin dull orange legs. Its central body was jet black and from here she could see the beasts red core central to its body, above the core was a pale white mask like face. The top of the creature was an arch shape leading down to its thin arms.

Asuka opened up the communication channel on her end, “Karim… get your people away from here. It’s an Angel.”

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:53 am

Oh wow now I can't wait to see this fight :D

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:27 am

Hahahaha, that should be an interesting fight to say the least. It will certainly be difficult if the Angel's abilities are the same as in the show. Also, love that Misato did so. Much more to help them then we thought!
Asuka would cosplay as Israfel Image
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:49 am

Well interesting is certainly the word for this one, it's very fun to write but also going to be quite the frustrating experience for Asuka. Glad that I was able to describe the Angel for you guys to know which one it was too, those things are quite difficult to describe at times I find.

I've got a couple more scenes to write up and then I should be able to edit this one. Probably looking at a release late next week.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Chapter has finally been completed and is out, please enjoy

You Must (Not) Run Away [It's Never Twins]

No tracks for inspiration to post this time, I kinda want to keep it as spoiler free as possible. Just know this was some of the most fun I have had writing and I think certain parts are some of my best. Enjoy.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Holy shit! That last chapter was fantastic! " Israfel" being the Angel was amazing, and you did so well with the challenges of that Angel, considering the where your story is now, it was really impressive work. I left a review, but I just wanted to say on here, great job!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:12 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Chapter has finally been completed and is out, please enjoy

You Must (Not) Run Away [It's Never Twins]

No tracks for inspiration to post this time, I kinda want to keep it as spoiler free as possible. Just know this was some of the most fun I have had writing and I think certain parts are some of my best. Enjoy.

This was awesome!

I didn't believe that any one could build on this concept and make it better than the original series but I stand corrected because this rebuild idea was epic

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks as always for the comments. So I thought I'd drop a preview of Chapter 19. This scene has just finished being edited so it will match up with the released version.

Also I didn't really get the chance to drop any music last time I posted a chapter. Mostly because I wanted to keep it as spoiler free as possible so didn't want to post any potential hints. I reference Mari and Rei listening to music a lot. In particular I kinda imagine this as 'their' song, lyrics just remind me so much of the two of them.

Meat Loaf - Bad For Good

Staying on the theme of Meat Loaf I often mention music or reference it in my stories, either through chapter titles or in the chapters themselves. This is a song I very much picture Asuka & Shinji lying down in each others arms and listening to. It's probably one of my favourite tracks of all time really.

Meat Loaf - Rock & Rolls Dreams Come Through

Ritsuko, much to her chagrin was beginning to realize that her day was still not yet done nor was likely to be done any time soon. Despite her reputation as something of a workaholic, a trait she sometimes proudly embraced, today was even starting to get her down. She found herself longing to return to her quarters and fall asleep instantly in Maya’s arms as she was prone to doing.

It was supposed to have been a fairly routine operation. They would dock with Neo-London and take on board Evangelion Unit 08. When that had happened Mari and Rei would undergo a synchronization test followed by an activation test. Unfortunately for Ritsuko and the crew of the Wunder their plans had been severely altered.

Barclay had been there to meet them, demanding that the test be pushed back a couple of hours so that his team could perform some final checks and also give a list of demands to Ritsuko outlining the actions of the Wunder for the next few weeks. They were to patrol what was left of mainland Europe, hopping from city to city and outpost to outpost dropping off supplies and being little more than a glorified trade vehicle.

Ritsuko went with it though, knowing that stepping out of line could see her at risk of being replaced. As Misato’s right hand for so many years and being associated with NERV she knew that she was on very thin ice. She would toe the line as best she could, if only because she knew her being in charge was best for the crew.

It was not shortly after these initial conversations that the Angel had struck. They had barely even had a chance to load the data for Mari and Rei into the Evangelion’s data banks before it had struck. Ritsuko had had to order both Rei and Mari out into Unit 08 without performing any tests first. So much could have gone wrong yet they had managed to scrape by somehow.

Once this was complete she had been called to yet another meeting with Barclay. This one to confirm the status of Sofia, the dead WILLE committee member. Ritsuko had been told very little beyond it being confirmed that she had indeed been murdered and that it was being investigated internally. She was also told that she was to not say anything to any of her crew at all.

Finally she was here, in the comforting territory of her personal laboratory. She was here for two reasons, one was for a sudden meeting with Hyuga. The second was to continue her work on Rei’s medication. She glanced at the small vial in her hand and the orange liquid within it before setting it safely into a small plastic case.

Curled up in a small basket next to her desk was Spot the cat and standing near to her was Hyuga himself. She turned to face the man and crossed her legs as he spoke.

“Samples from the Angel?” He asked as he nodded his head towards the case.

Ritsuko shook her head, “Barclay is still keeping hold of anything we could possibly analyze from the Angel unfortunately. No, this is Rei’s medication. I’ve been working on a few alterations to it. My aim is to enable her to not have to take is as often, reduce any potential side effects and ensure she does not have another episode when an Angel attacks as she has done in the past. With her being a pilot not, it’s of utmost importance she is functional.”

Hyuga raised a curious eyebrow, “Medication? Is she sick?”

Ritsuko made every effort to not show any change in expression on her face. It had become so easy for her to forget that very few people knew the truth of what Rei Ayanami really was. There was even fewer who knew of her past with Ritsuko and she was going to keep it that way.

“In a sense yes, she is. It is something she had unfortunately had to deal with since birth but it is quite manageable. Rei’s immune system has not quite developed as well as it should have as she grew up so she requires the medication to manage that.”

“I didn’t know.” Replied Hyuga, “Although I did always think she looked very sickly.”

“When she was younger she was ill quite a lot. This was developed to help her, there were certain things it could not do. For example her red eyes and pale skin would remain as would her body’s inability to process meat. Despite that it does give her a better quality of life.” Ritsuko continued to explain.

“Of course her reaction to the Angel’s is something much more recent. I’m not completely sure what triggered this change within her and why she reacts as she does but I can prevent it from happening again.” Ritsuko half lied, the truth was she did know why Rei was reacting as she did when an Angel approached but it was not something she was willing to explain at this time.

“I see. You’ve done a lot for her, a lot more than most would have done.” Hyuga added his voice cheerful.

“I questioned myself when she arrived if I should have helped her. I knew there was a great risk to us all but I was ordered to help her by Katsuragi and that is exactly what I have done. It turned out by doing that we have acquired ourselves a new pilot and Rei has been beneficial to us and will continue to do so.”

Before Hyuga could say another word Ritsuko decided that it would be best to move the conversation on, “I presume that you are not here to discuss the pilot’s medical situation though?”

Hyuga seemed to stutter a bit before shaking his head, “N-No I’m not. I’m actually here because I had an opportunity to look into how Katsuragi was able to do what she did.”

Ritsuko immediately sat upright in her chair and focused her gaze on him, “You have made progress?”

“Yes I have. It seems that Katsuragi wasn’t acting alone as we first thought, in fact based on what I’ve found it looks like she might have been planning this for some time. I found… Well the people we was in touch with were…”

Hyuga trailed off nervously but Ritsuko quickly snapped him back to attention, “Out with it.”

“Okay, but this information it could be… very bad. I don’t quite want to believe it but I’ve double checked it and it all checks out.”

“I don’t care if it could be bad, finding out how Katsuragi was able to do this is our priority. She managed to endanger not only the lives of this crew with that stunt but she also sent two pilots out into the unknown. We were lucky Unit 08 was ready to be taken on otherwise we’d have lost our only method of stopping any future Angel attacks. We can deal with the repercussions of this later, what was it?”

Hyuga nodded, “You’re right. Going through the data I started to find little blocks that were completely garbled, they made no sense at all but then I remembered learning from Kaji about a technique a certain group used to transmit data. They’d encrypt it in such a way that it just looked like garbage data. The recipient would know what to look for because there would always be a pattern to it but most people would ignore it. Some of our systems are ancient and it’s a miracle they’re functioning so it would make sense to lose a few bits here and there.”

Ritsuko raised her eyebrows at the mention of Kaji, “So she was in contact with the same group that Kaji was recently. Who exactly is this group?”
“Espèrer. Kaji spent a lot of time at various Espèrer camps before he died. He was travelling to one in Northern Algeria before he died.”

Ritsuko took in a deep breath and tried to remain calm. She simply nodded, acknowledging what Hyuga had told her, “You’re absolutely certain that it is them. No mistake has been made here?”

“I’m certain…” Hyuga confirmed, “This is why I said it was bad. I haven’t been able to decode the transmissions yet but I was able to confirm that they were transmitted to and from known Espèrer sites. All signs point to them interfering with our systems.

“I see. In which case I want you to investigate this further with Maya. Show her everything you have collected and find out more. Dates, times, what was sent and where from. Have you told anyone else about this?”

Hyuga shook his head, “No, I haven’t.”

“Good, keep it that way. I will speak to Katsuragi personally about this incident and find out what the hell is going on if I can. For now we keep this to ourselves, tensions are already high between Espèrer and WILLE recently and something like this gives WILLE an excuse to go after them.”

“Tensions are high? I thought…” Hyuga started.

“It is nothing for us to concern ourselves with apparently but Barclay alluded to some recent negotiations going badly with Espèrer relating to land and equipment. I try to distance myself from politics but it seems serious, so for now we keep this quiet. Do you understand?”

Hyuga nodded, “Yes captain, I’ll start putting together what I know and inform Maya.”

Hyuga started to leave the room before Ritsuko called after him, “Hyuga, inform Maya tomorrow. It’s been a long day for us all and it would be better to face this after we have all rested. Oh and, good work.”

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:29 am

Fascinating spoiler I still think though that a certain person is not dead because I think he would be smart enough to use a fake death to expose others.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:14 am

Great spoiler, I like that Ritsuko is still spitting out half truths when she needs to. Aslo seems that our two groups will be meeting up very soon.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:04 pm

And Chapter 19 has finally been uploaded. So the name for this one comes from my favourite band Dream Theater, The Miracle & The Sleeper are characters from their track Metropolis Pt 1 - The Miracle & The Sleeper along with its sequel the album Metropolis Pt 2 - Scenes From A Memory. Chosen because of one particular scene within the chapter.

As always I hope you all enjoy it :)

You Must (Not) Run Away [The Miracle & The Sleeper]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:36 am

Awesome chapter!
I can see a few people being really pissed off when they find out the truth and ironically these are people who already angry by nature so this going to be a shit storm in my view

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:06 am

Just read the new chapter last night, and I left a detailed review on ff.net, but it was very good. I like how well a chapter can be done without any Angels, and you certainly accomplished that after your chapter with Israfel. Keep up the good work!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 pm

As always thank you for your comments and reviews, also thanks to anyone else who is checking out the threat but hasn't chimed in with anything but still reading the fic. Views are appreciated ^_^

Anyway I have a bit of a preview from the next chapter. This is it in its unedited form so expect the final version to look a lot better.

Mari opened her eyes and rolled over to look at the alarm clock. She had had one of those dreams again, the unpleasant kind. Not a nightmare as such but one that served to remind her of what she had lost so many years ago and what she was fighting for now. As sad as it those dreams made her they also made her happy in a way, it was as if he mind was ensuring she would never let go of those moments.

'I wonder what you'd think of your little girl now mother... to see what she has become. I wonder what you'd say about Rei. Well maybe one day... one day I'll find out. I know you're still in there and I know there is a way to get you back I just... I need to find out more.'

Mari shifted herself to slowly get out of the bed. As she brought back the covers she felt a pair of arms come around her waist and tighten around her, "Urk."

"No, you are sad. You have to stay and talk about it." Rei muttered to Mari. The girl making an attempt to sound stern but not quite managing it due to her half-awake state.

Mari laughed, "That's wonderful Blue but I also really need to pee, so unless you want me to wet myself whilst talking to you, you might want to let go of me!"

Rei's grip loosened instantly, "Oh... I apologize."

Mari stood up and stretched, "It's fine."

She turned and stuck out her tongue at Rei, "How did you know I was feeling down anyway? Oh god, I wasn't talking in my sleep was I? Asuka always used to do that!"

In the darkness she could see Rei shaking her head, "No, but you were shifting around a lot and I suppose... I could feel your sadness. That is why when you return we will talk about it."

"Or when I return I could just let you feel a lot more than my sadness?" Mari said with a grin and quickly dodged back from the pillow Rei had swung around at her.

"I will not allow you to dodge your way out of this, I do not want you to continue to store up your feelings like that any longer. You will return and tell me what is wrong."

"You know I think I like this aggressive side, I wonder if it runs in your famil-"

"Go!" Rei commanded before letting out a yawn.

Mari giggled, "Alright Commander Sleepyhead, I'll go pee and then tell you what's wrong. I'm warning you though, this is going to require... maybe half an hour of snuggling."

"I shall make sure you receive forty-five as a minimum."

Rei enjoyed the sight of her girlfriend leaving the room and sat up properly in the bed adjusting the pillows and covers for when Mari returned. After a short while Mari did return, she threw herself down onto the bed and snuggled into Rei's lap, and closed her eyes.

"No." Rei said immediately before reaching over to the bedside table, grabbing Mari's glasses and pushing them onto the girls face, "You do not return to sleep."

"Mm... well you shouldn't be so comfortable." Replied Mari as she sat back up and adjusted her glasses properly, "Alright fine..."

Mari let out an exaggerated sigh, "I'll tell you. I had a dream about my mother..."

Rei did not avert her eyes from Mari, "Your mother?"

"Yeah... it wasn't a nightmare but it wasn't really a good dream either. I dreamed that she came back to me... I dunno how or why, didn't really care either but it was just seeing her again... just being able to hold her and speak to her. I just..." Mari's voice cracked a little bit, she took off her glasses and wiped a tear from her eye and also took a bit of time to get her thoughts in line, "I just... I miss her so much Rei."

Rei pulled Mari into a hug and this time allowed the girl to snuggle into her lap properly. Rei didn't quite know what to say to Mari at this point. She had thought it was a good idea to get the girl to say what was wrong but she had nothing she could say to reply with. Instead she settled for holding Mari.

After a time it was Mari that broke the silence, "Thank you... for letting me talk about it Rei. I do feel a bit better now actually, I guess that thing I tell others is true, it is good to talk."

"I just wish I knew what to say at a moment like this." Rei admitted, "I do not wish for my support to be inadequate."

Mari playfully booped Rei on the nose, "Silly! Just holding me and getting me to talk is enough, you don't have to say anything. When Asuka used to be upset I wouldn't say anything to her, I'd just let her vent and give her a hug if she needed it. Which was often, she might not seem it but she needs a lot of hugging."

"What was the nature of your relationship with Asuka?" Rei suddenly asked.

Mari raised an eyebrow in surprise, "O-Oh... it was, nothing serious I guess. We were just friends who were there for one another. Friends with benefits really, we had no one else but each other. So we spent a lot of time together, we talked... well Asuka yelled mostly and I'd do what I could and we just kinda... experimented I suppose."

"I see..."

"You're not jealous are you?" Mari smirked suddenly.

Rei shook her head, "No I am not, if anything I am happy that the two of you were able to find some happiness in that time. I think if the two of you had been alone for that period it would have made me sad. You both have a powerful bond."

Mari nodded, "That we do Blue, she is my best friend after all. I'm just glad she finally has Shinji back. I knew... I always knew over that time that no matter what she said or what she did with me that was what she really wanted. She'd never hurt me or use me but I always knew in the back of her mind it was what she wanted."

"Does that make you sad?"

"It did at the time, but I always knew it wouldn't have worked. It doesn't matter now though." Mari sat up and shifted her body around to be above Rei, "I have you now Rei, and I love you so much."

"And I love you."

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 am

Very cute spoiler ^_^

I feel like Rei Q is now behaving very much like her counterpart as she's now at the level where she can assert herself and really make her thoughts felt.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 am

That was a great preview, all I have to say now is this:

Awwwwwwwwww ^_^

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Latest chapter is now out. I had a bit of trouble with the last scene but I think it managed to come out fairly well in the end. I'm happier with it than I was in the first draft, of course I'm being slightly more critical of it because I had issues with it. Hope you all enjoy ^_^

You Must (Not) Run Away [The Bigger Picture]

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 am

Awesome chapter so much tension going on ^_^

I can't wait till a certain person gets out...

Return to “Fanfiction”