Anno apologizes for 4th film delay

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Anno apologizes for 4th film delay

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:11 pm

I won't get my hopes up for a release within the next 18 months but if they were well along in production & wanted to blow fans minds they would release it on or just around September 1, 2017.

Otherwise known as the 10 Year Anniversary of the release of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:37 pm

That would be awesome since next year has two series anniversaries. But you never know with Khara til they do it. Look at the Dragon Dentist specials and Patlabor Reboot. :tongue:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:03 pm

A release on July 19th, the 20 year anniversary of EoE, would blow my mind way more than the 10 year for 1.0. Both fit rather nicely into Eva's cyclical themes. Although, perhaps it would be more appropriate to align with 1.0's release, since it'll be titled 3.0+1.0, and it'll complete the circle.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:25 pm

So even Anno gets that thing when you start a new project to ease writers's block/creative burnout?

I think that should make all of us lowly mortals/ starving artists feel better. Besides, Q drained ME emotionally and I only watched it rather than spending years making it.

But it's... pretty normal for people to need breaks & changes occasionally? Now he's working on Final with a fresh head.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:31 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... ct/.112007

I find this little article on AnimeNewsNetwork interesting. Apparently Shin Godzilla won Best Screenplay at an awards ceremony recently and the film's producer - not Anno - received the award on his behalf. From the sounds of what he said Anno wasn't there because he basically wouldn't say much himself & is actually deep in production on his "newest work". Question would be is his "newest work" finishing up voice directing on 'The Dragon Dentist' which starts airing next weekend OR is it the final Eva?

Only problem with the article is it says Anno is interested in doing a Shin Godzilla sequel & then links to a previous article of theirs where Anno plainly states "I'm done. Let someone else continue the story". Hopefully the sites editor will fix that.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:40 pm

Judging by Khara's twitter Dragon Dentist is in its final crunch phase. Would be silly to waste time on Final when another project actually has a due date.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 pm

That's what I was figuring.

I don't know much about anime production but would they really still be working on vocal performances this close to release? Curious.

*P.S. For fun be sure to check the forum of that ANN article. I've never posted there & 99% not interesting in what could be on those forums but whenever Evangelion comes up some dude with a PenPen avatar comes in & has a serious conniption fit about 3.0. It's guaranteed. Imagine being that upset at a film that four years later you still HAVE to comment every time the filmmaker or something associated with the film is mentioned. It's a fun little thing to notice.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:29 pm

^ That is kind of funny. I like how many of the sterner critics of Eva Q often refer to the Eva Shin movie as not being able to "salvage" Eva Q. Quantitatively bad movies can't be salvaged by sequels. The best a sequel can do with a bad film is forget the messier details ever happened and move on with a fresh outlook on the series. (Thank you, Star Trek Beyond.) The commenters focus of Shin Eva's role in "salvaging" Eva Q speaks more to the fact that they feel uneasy of the direction of the narrative or world-building elements within the film, and the burden of responsibility on Eva Shin to guide that narrative back into a more preferable standing with its audience, and less of the audience's thoughts on the filmmakers' talents in executing the film in a positively affective manner.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:27 am

If Google Translate doesn't fail too hard, but is something it usually does, Khara already finished dubbing "The Dragon Dentist".

http://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/ryu/intervie ... iew03.html
Last edited by Joseki on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:15 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:*P.S. For fun be sure to check the forum of that ANN article. I've never posted there & 99% not interesting in what could be on those forums but whenever Evangelion comes up some dude with a PenPen avatar comes in & has a serious conniption fit about 3.0. It's guaranteed. Imagine being that upset at a film that four years later you still HAVE to comment every time the filmmaker or something associated with the film is mentioned. It's a fun little thing to notice.

THE most annoying fuck I've ever witnessed in ANN threads post-release of Q. About time a mod has him on a leash, goddamn.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Anno confirms Final is on its way

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 am

https://www.madman.com.au/news/hideaki- ... ion-films/

Anno was at "Shin Godzilla vs. Evangelion Symphony" event as a special guest and, quoting the article, "it was announced that the next Evangelion film is on its way".

Then a text appeared on screen:

シンゴジラの次回作及び、シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版: || にご期待下さい。

"Please expect the next installment of Shin Godzilla, and Shin Evangelion Gekijōban:||"

I also found on "evangelion shitposting" FB group (yeah I know :lol: ) a photo of Anno at the event:

Nothing new but it's still good to hear that the movie is really coming out "soon®".

Azaeroe
Embryo

Re: Anno confirms Final is on its way

•      
  •      

Postby Azaeroe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:35 am

Meh. I'm not a fan of Rebuild. I prefer the original show and EoE.
I have no message of hope to deliver [...] I know only that every single one of us reeks of selfishness, masochism and death. We have created a system in which it has simply become impossible to live

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Anno confirms Final is on its way

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:05 am

View Original PostAzaeroe wrote:Meh. I'm not a fan of Rebuild. I prefer the original show and EoE.

Congrats
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:40 am

Google translated:

Also, it seems that some misunderstanding has occurred, "The next" Godzilla "series refers to" Godzilla of anime and titles of Hollywood version ", and Anno Hideaki makes a sequel to" Shin Godzilla " It is not to work on. # Shingodzilla # Shin Godzilla # Gosieva Symphony

So Anno has no "distraction" while making Final.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm

As I said before, despite recent news, I'm only convinced about 3.0+1.0 being made and released, when I see a real trailer or teaser. Beyond that I don't care and expect nothing about how it 'll be. It only has to end the way it deserves like EoE to NGE years ago, because of what happened previously in Rebuild. It has to end and nothing more.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Nothing more? What about the whole missing third impact?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Nothing more? What about the whole missing third impact?

It'd be nice, but not really necessary.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Settie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Settie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 pm

^ They could always do OVAs' after 4.0 if they wish to explore that time period. Perhaps focused on different characters PoVs.

I hope they don't rush it though and take their time with it. Rather wait 1 or 2 more years for quality than for something rushed.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 am

Meeting of "Shin Eva". We are keenly working!

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:23 am

Khara, you tease. :tongue: Also: :w00t:

Evafan has picked it up too: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-5047.html
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”